Student Of Mine 2014-02-06

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
jwhouk

Student Of Mine 2014-02-06

Post by jwhouk »

So she's a "student" of hers, hm?
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Atomic

Re: Student Of Mine 2014-02-06

Post by Atomic »

Kissy Snake Face! <3!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

OMG! One of Euryale's hair snakes is kissing Tina on the head. So Kyuuuute!
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Darned, you both ninja'ed me about the kissysnake. Too too cute! :lol: :lol:
fritzy

Post by fritzy »

We respect you so much that we're going to ignore what you have to say!
nerf-dweller

Post by nerf-dweller »

Oh Noes!!! Gorgon hugs!!! Will Tina be able to survive??!!?!??!!!! :lol:
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Did she just hug Tina so hard her choker popped off?
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Whelp, the Phix is in :mrgreen: (My Punpal account is on auto pay). I have a feeling that Bia is not the bad guy in this one either. I am thinking that she was being more of a marker that Tina has transcended her old existence.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

I see I'm not the only fan of Kissy-Face... :D
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
NebulousRikulau

Post by NebulousRikulau »

Tina just got everybody settled in, and now it looks like Euryale is trying to squeeze them out again.
:o
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

I love Euryale. A cheerful hug can cure anything! The kissy-snake is delightful.
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

This is looking ominous. -- A big celebration with all her friends and teachers present. Sounds like a graduation.

Next comes the announcement “Congratulations, you are no longer a demon but an independent entity. The Apo’s no longer have authority over you.

You are on your own entity now. You have to make your own decisions, make your own mistakes, and accept the responsibility for them. (Terrifying, isn’t it?)

Tina: "Noooooooo..."
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

A..."Student of Mine"??? Did Phix moonlight as a Psychology-professor?? Tina's "shell" was a Psychologist ater all. Who knows how much of her former "self" is still part of the covey she is now.

Phix has been way more active in the background of the Wapsi-Crew than initially hinted at, it seems.
Interrrresting..

And, yes, Euryale apparently squeezed Tina's choker to another dimension.
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
BarGamer

Post by BarGamer »

Aw, snakey kissies!

Some of the most powerful beings on YOU side. = Grammar typo.
CPUGuy1

Post by CPUGuy1 »

WOO HOO!! Snake Kiss! Means you are excepted in the Group, Tina.
Probably has been for longer than you think. Now stop worrying. Try and enjoy yourself.
Is The Earth On A Diet?
With just one million people losing weight,
so after each one had lost 'one pound' ...
will the earth weigh 1,000,000 pounds less?
eee

Post by eee »

Ack. I hope Tina doesn't need to breathe before that hug eases.

Maybe Phix meant 'a PROJECT of hers'. Perhaps to her 'project' and 'student' means the same thing.
fritzy wrote:We respect you so much that we're going to ignore what you have to say!
Actually I think that's more Monica's failing. After all, the others haven't heard the story yet. The emotional reassurance couldn't hurt, though.

"I appear to have experienced dreaming, which is nothing my demons have ever gone through before. My perceptions of the world are changing and I'm disoriented and confused. And Bia, whose voice I have noted twice is VERY familiar (I hope she's not my mother), is apparently messing with me for unknown purposes. Hugs and snake kisses are nice, but I could use some advice and problem solving here."
Skruddgemire

Post by Skruddgemire »

eee wrote:Maybe Phix meant 'a PROJECT of hers'. Perhaps to her 'project' and 'student' means the same thing.
No, Phix is a teacher. Sometimes she's overt about it (like guiding M and Shelly through the Calendar Machine incident), other times she's a bit more subtle teaching others through proxies. I tend to think that she's teaching Tina by throwing people her way so she learns from them.

And in so doing...becoming an entity who is more than a sum of her demons. Much more. I don't think we're going to see a reawakening of the person who left when the crash happened...but I do think a new entity is forming out of the gestalt.
"I appear to have experienced dreaming, which is nothing my demons have ever gone through before. My perceptions of the world are changing and I'm disoriented and confused. And Bia, whose voice I have noted twice is VERY familiar (I hope she's not my mother), is apparently messing with me for unknown purposes. Hugs and snake kisses are nice, but I could use some advice and problem solving here."
Ah, but sometimes you have to do something drastic to get them out of their current, non-receptive state and into one where they're able to listen. Sometimes it's a slap in the face to snap them out of it (something like this), other times it's a little less abrupt. An entire group of people that you are afraid of letting down or disappointing all saying "Chill out! We think you're a wonderful person and we love you" (followed by one of Euryale's hugs) would potentially do that.

After you get them out of their state...then you go into the problem solving now that they're ready to listen to it.

And speaking of Euryale...that chick needs to be in the SCA. If there's any group that loves to hug...it's that one .
as363

Post by as363 »

Taaah Raaah Raaah BOOM de AAAAY - we'll get our hugs today.....
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

The kissy snakes are too adorable! It's V-day crossed with my niece sharing cookies over skype level cute!
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir