Day Vacation To Cafe U296 2014-02-03

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Opus the Poet

Day Vacation To Cafe U296 2014-02-03

Post by Opus the Poet »

Oh Goodie. Tina is fully functional, and we will get a chance to see Atsali spread her wings a bit.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
shadowinthelight

Re: Day Vacation To Cafe U296 2014-02-03

Post by shadowinthelight »

See? Tina just needed to be re-booted.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

So... Tenty is a key to Tina's ability to read auras/predict orders. When a part is missing, everything is amiss. I love Bud's smug knowing smile...
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Interesting. 11 dimensions huh? That makes their universe a more complex structure than we though. Unless she is using the word to mean different space times within the over all structure. The library would be a dimension by itself for example. I think she means it that way because if she is talking about the other meaning it will make my head hurt. It also fits with seeing dark matter and auras. I suspect the auras is all she really needs for determining the drinks. This does imply that Tenty is the one with the best aura reading skills. The rest of the group appears to be pretty bad at it.

The cinnamon buns is a given as Sali is 15 and needs her energy to jump to conclusions with.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Dave

Post by Dave »

shadowinthelight wrote:See? Tina just needed to be re-booted.
I'd say this demonstrates the healing and balancing powers of tako.
zachariah wrote:Interesting. 11 dimensions huh? That makes their universe a more complex structure than we though.
Not necessarily. Physicists who seek to describe our universe using string theory work with many-dimensional formulas. One of the best-known string theory systems is M-theory, which has 11 dimensions.
Last edited by Dave on Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

No she didn't. Bud was just getting her kicks.

Silly barista, kicks are for trids!

Drops a rabbit in the jar. I'd drop two but then the jar would look bunny.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Aed

Post by Aed »

A day vacation at Cafe U296? This will be interesting considering recent history. Pull My Finger vOv
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

Aed wrote:A day vacation at Cafe U296? This will be interesting considering recent history. Pull My Finger vOv

We were introduced to Cafe U296 long after the original island was rendered unusable. It is on an entirely new island. The original was a sandbar, this one has palm trees and is a real island, probably only slightly damaged by its' discovery by Mon and Jin.
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
Aed

Post by Aed »

davids4250 wrote:
Aed wrote:A day vacation at Cafe U296? This will be interesting considering recent history. Pull My Finger vOv

We were introduced to Cafe U296 long after the original island was rendered unusable. It is on an entirely new island. The original was a sandbar, this one has palm trees and is a real island, probably only slightly damaged by its' discovery by Mon and Jin.

I stand corrected. Cafe U-296 is in a part of the archives that has not yet made it into the Chronology. Thank you.
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

Where disarming sea mines and mixed drinks are a way of life. (And I still say it was a Japanese deep sea tethered mine type)
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
jayessell

Post by jayessell »

As I supposed 2 weeks ago, the Wapsiverse's Minneapolis is kind of chilly now also.

Team Tina requires all its members on hand to function.
Something about topology, probably.
She's greater than the sum of her parts.
Last edited by jayessell on Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Now THAT is an Epic Pun.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

Opus the Poet wrote:we will get a chance to see Atsali spread her wings a bit.
Probably be a good spot. I suspect Shelly will be there too, as a flight buddy (and unofficial life guard) for her exercising.

Though with their luck the US Navy will be using the area for exercises. Oh, well, tha'ts what the MIB is for. They probably track such things, but the group hasn't yet thought about a need to check with them, yet.

Wonder what Kathryn and Castela are doing, or will they be joining them there? They almost have to be there, otherwise it will be Castela going "Mommy, Atsali got to go to the beach and play in the sun and I didn't!" And Atsali could feel she is breaching her promises to Atsali. Though I don't recall Kathryn ever being there, so it will be new to her as well.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

We have never seen Katherine there, but we have seen a picture of Atsali tackling Castela on a beach, so either Monica has taken them there before (and I cannot imagine her taking the kids without Katherine) or it was a form of foreshadowing.
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

jwhouk wrote:
Now THAT is an Epic Pun.
It wasn't that epic when I made that pun on the forum. It has to be timing of it. Either that our you all are becoming numb to my puns. If so then I have you right where I want you. Mu-hahahahahahaha...
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

In the meantime, remeber to Vote for WS! The rankings reset at the start of every month.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
meisdadoo

Post by meisdadoo »

davids4250 wrote:We have never seen Katherine there, but we have seen a picture of Atsali tackling Castela on a beach, so either Monica has taken them there before (and I cannot imagine her taking the kids without Katherine) or it was a form of foreshadowing.
Can a Whatsit go the beach? Saltwater is usually really bad for plants.

On another note, yes Tina is so much more than the sum of her parts, and it explains that whole "stars don't give off light, the give off radiation. Which does indicate that she does not see visible light the same way a human does. So naturally, her definition of "light" is somewhat different, the whole dark matter vs light matter thing
Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
Julie

Post by Julie »

DilyV wrote:So... Tenty is a key to Tina's ability to read auras/predict orders. When a part is missing, everything is amiss. I love Bud's smug knowing smile...
Actually, she was able to predict M's order without Tenty, so maybe Tenty is the part that lets her interpret the information she gets from the aura (and other places given what she just said she can see). I think someone else may have already postulated that without the interpreter, Tina can guess the orders of people she's helped before...meaning she's seen their aura look that way and remembers what they "needed" at that time...but she can't really understand and interpret what she's reading from new folks to make a good recomendation.

In either case, Atsali's reaction is delightful! :D
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
as363

Post by as363 »

I'd previously said

Re: Hard Rock Atsali 2014-01-31

Postby as363 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:12 am
Ah - Sunday morning - at least we have the Superbowl commercials to look forward to. And then - Monday brings us .. More Atsalia ? Back to Tina ? Something out of left field ? None of the preceding ?

Must have got one of those kind of flashes from the future - like today - because the first two - Tina and Atsalia are right on - and Cafe U296 as a destination is way out there in left field.

The Superbowl ads weren't bad - but the game ....oh well - sorry Payton - better luck next time.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

as363 wrote:I'd previously said

Re: Hard Rock Atsali 2014-01-31

Postby as363 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:12 am
Ah - Sunday morning - at least we have the Superbowl commercials to look forward to. And then - Monday brings us .. More Atsalia ? Back to Tina ? Something out of left field ? None of the preceding ?

Must have got one of those kind of flashes from the future - like today - because the first two - Tina and Atsalia are right on - and Cafe U296 as a destination is way out there in left field.

The Superbowl ads weren't bad - but the game ....oh well - sorry Payton - better luck next time.
At least John Elway is there to remind him that John got it worse than he did so don't take it to hard.