Day Vacation To Cafe U296 2014-02-03

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Boxilar

Re: Day Vacation To Cafe U296 2014-02-03

Post by Boxilar »

zachariah wrote:
shadowinthelight wrote:See? Tina just needed to be re-booted.
No she didn't. Bud was just getting her kicks.

Silly barista, kicks are for trids!

Drops a rabbit in the jar. I'd drop two but then the jar would look bunny.
If you drop two in, the Pun Jar would be full in short order, because as we all know, rabbits multiply.
Dave

Post by Dave »

meisdadoo wrote:Can a Whatsit go the beach? Saltwater is usually really bad for plants.
Depends on the species. Many plants which grow in arid or salty areas have the ability to either block salt from entering their structures, or ways of eliminating the excess salt (e.g. exuding salt crystals onto their leaves, or sequestering it within the leaves).

The plants of the Castela genus are thorny desert plants... one species grows in the Mojave and Sonoran deserts. Another plant growing in the same ecosystem is Sarcobatus - also known as "saltbush". If Castela's name reflects her biology at all... that is, if a Whatsit is at all similar to Castela then she might have a built-in tolerance for salt.
Julie wrote:In either case, Atsali's reaction is delightful! :D
Yup. She was shaken up by what she was told of Tina's nature, but seems to have recovered quickly, and is now fascinated by the perceptive capabilities of a demon covey/coven running an un-dead non-zombie body.

She also knows a good thing when it's offered to her. Cinnamon rolls and a latte - yum! :D I wonder if Becky's cinnamon rolls are anything like the cinnamon-rich "sticky buns" my grandparents used to get from a great little bakery just outside of Philadelphia, years ago?
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Besides, with Monica on one side of her and Bud at the other - what does she really have to be afraid of (in this world, anyway)?
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Fairportfan wrote:Besides, with Monica on one side of her and Bud at the other - what does she really have to be afraid of (in this world, anyway)?
Quoted for truth. "Jaguars to the left of her, Goats to the right, here I am, stuck in Atsali's new 'do..."
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Fairportfan wrote:Besides, with Monica on one side of her and Bud at the other - what does she really have to be afraid of (in this world, anyway)?
Her aunts getting into a playful tussle?
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Catawampus wrote:
Nah.

That would be Monica and Shelly.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Dave

Post by Dave »

Fairportfan wrote:
Catawampus wrote:
Nah.

Based on http://wapsisquare.com/comic/stuffy-adult/ I would say it looks as if Bud is also considered an honorary aunt. A tussle between Monica and Bud could certainly have some noisy and hazardous side effects!
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Dave wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:
Catawampus wrote: Her aunts getting into a playful tussle?
Nah.

Based on http://wapsisquare.com/comic/stuffy-adult/ I would say it looks as if Bud is also considered an honorary aunt. A tussle between Monica and Bud could certainly have some noisy and hazardous side effects!
No, i meant that Monica would be more likely to get into a tussle with Shelly than with Bud; she knows that, however badass she's become, Bud is still out of her league entirely.

=============

And, despite having clocked Phix one when she was Really Cranky, she still walks light around her, too.
=====================
=====================
mike weber
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

Herself?

As shown a few minutes ago (their time), her feet do fit quite well in her mouth. :)

I was going to make a joke about teenage confidence vs wisdom, but then I remembered Atsali may still not be comfortable being a teenage Siren.

Or maybe just being a Siren. :?:
Last edited by Grantwhy on Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
illiad

Post by illiad »

well most teens want to do outrageous stuff, not safe boring stuff that old crinklies want them to do... I'm sure bud knows this, so defuses the situation by being 'not boring' :) :)

People do get a bit 'in awe' when they know my age, so I defuse it by introducing myself as 'the crazy uncle' :D :D
Julie

Post by Julie »

*snerk!* So I was looking for something else in the archives, and I came across this comic...where we got a quick taste of the fact that Tina has an awareness and knowledge of multiple dimensions before we knew she could see 11 of them. :)
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

illiad wrote:well most teens want to do outrageous stuff, not safe boring stuff that old crinklies want them to do... I'm sure bud knows this, so defuses the situation by being 'not boring' :) :)

People do get a bit 'in awe' when they know my age, so I defuse it by introducing myself as 'the crazy uncle' :D :D
I just go ahead and take the next step: "Hi, I'm your weird uncle John...."
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

I think someone needs to put together a book of Wapsi Recipes, just so we can have some of the treats that Tina mentions in her scans. I have a basic frybread recipe somewhere I can toss in to start.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

NOTDilbert wrote:
illiad wrote:well most teens want to do outrageous stuff, not safe boring stuff that old crinklies want them to do... I'm sure bud knows this, so defuses the situation by being 'not boring' :) :)

I just go ahead and take the next step: "Hi, I'm your weird uncle John...."
Heh, when my nephews were like twelve and ten, the younger ran to my sister to tell her about something neat i'd showed them about a game or something on the computer.

My beloved sister said "It's really great you guys have an uncle your own age..."
=====================
=====================
mike weber
illiad

Post by illiad »

heh, united by geekdom!!! :D :D

it was when the win7 beta came out, three geeks crowded round the PC... one 50, one 40 and his son aged 10! :geek: :ugeek: :geek: :ugeek: