Not Like That 2014-01-21

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Cheesy1

Not Like That 2014-01-21

Post by Cheesy1 »

F**king rude people, I swear!
Wyvern

Re: Not Like That 2014-01-21

Post by Wyvern »

Okay, it's a little like that - but don't use the Z word, okay?

Hey, where did Tina go?
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
Leak

Post by Leak »

Open foot, insert mouth...
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Awww, poor Tina. She was sensitive about this before her blooming...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

I am surprised that Sali was that insensitive. She was acting like Tina was not there while talking about her. Like you would talk about a piece of furniture. Sali hated others treating her like that. In fact we recently finished an arc where Sali showed a lot of tolerance and understanding. But here she doesn't. Sad really. Tina does not deserve that.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

[tangent]

speaking of disappearing, what happened to to Tina's kitty?
http://wapsisquare.com/comic/moreimportant/

Is the kitty still around?

[/tangent]

yes,I was pushing the random button. How did you guess?
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

Even the nicest of teenagers can be insensitive @$$holes when confronted with someone who's a bit different from them. It's that whole lack of experience thing.

Some folk get over it. Some don't.

Either way, Aunt Monica is about to deliver a lesson to young Atsali on being rude to others.
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

zachariah wrote:I am surprised that Sali was that insensitive. She was acting like Tina was not there while talking about her. Like you would talk about a piece of furniture. Sali hated others treating her like that. In fact we recently finished an arc where Sali showed a lot of tolerance and understanding. But here she doesn't. Sad really. Tina does not deserve that.
at a guess, demons don't count as "people" in Atsali (current) world view.

It's like walking down the street, seeing an ugly car and saying "That's one ugly car" right beside it. No-one considers if that car has feeling.

It hasn't occurred to to Atsali that Tina (a bunch of demons) has feelings.
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Oh noes... poor Tina... =***(
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Grantwhy wrote:
zachariah wrote:I am surprised that Sali was that insensitive. She was acting like Tina was not there while talking about her. Like you would talk about a piece of furniture. Sali hated others treating her like that. In fact we recently finished an arc where Sali showed a lot of tolerance and understanding. But here she doesn't. Sad really. Tina does not deserve that.
at a guess, demons don't count as "people" in Atsali (current) world view.

It's like walking down the street, seeing an ugly car and saying "That's one ugly car" right beside it. No-one considers if that car has feeling.

It hasn't occurred to to Atsali that Tina (a bunch of demons) has feelings.
And to think that Atsali has a Grandma that was previously viewed by her Auntie Phix as a "Shitty Mosquito" (of course it is possible that she never knew about that).
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

I'm not at all sure that that last statement, "SHUT THE FUCK UP!!" Was said by Monica. Possibly Tina, but I don't think so. Phix????
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

davids4250 wrote:I'm not at all sure that that last statement, "SHUT THE FUCK UP!!" Was said by Monica. Possibly Tina, but I don't think so. Phix????
My guess, Tina.

I think while Monica and Atsali were talking she locked the doors and is now behind/beside Atsali.
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Yeah, nice "othering" there, Sali. You'd think a human without a crazy-evil soul would be a relief after the Etheitians, but nooooooo--
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
illiad

Post by illiad »

Leak wrote:Open foot, insert mouth...
aaahh, young kids, eh???? :lol:

.. while tina is on the floor, who would protect her??? bud? phix?? kath??
Last edited by illiad on Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jerry Lewis

Post by Jerry Lewis »

Yes, Atsali is being oblivious. Honestly though, if you discovered that someone you just met wasn't actually human or a single paranormal being, but a covey of demons inhabiting a single (technically deceased) human body, wouldn't you at the very least be creeped out?

Just me then? Never mind.
illiad

Post by illiad »

well I'd be speechless, unlike some... :P
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

illiad wrote:well I'd be speechless, unlike some... :P
In Atsali's case speechless would have been an improvement. :roll:
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Grantwhy wrote: It's like walking down the street, seeing an ugly car and saying "That's one ugly car" right beside it. No-one considers if that car has feeling.
You are so right. Machine abuse is one of the greatest ignored subjects in the world these days. We treat them like things and never consider how hard they try to work for us. We swear at our computers. We hit soda machines with fists and hammers. We threaten to shoot stop lights. I don't even want to mention what we do to poor alarm clocks. When we buy a new car we check the specs, look under the hood, kick the tires, and then take it for a test drive. What would happen if you tried that on a new girl friend? Ever think of that??

So in the future be a bit more tolerant of machines and consider their feelings. I expect they will work better for you if you do.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

See, "Atsali's case" is not all to different from being speechless. Either way, it's losing control of one's faculties.

M could have handled that one better, I think. But I wonder how Tina's handling it. Or how she's losing it ...
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

zachariah wrote:
Grantwhy wrote: It's like walking down the street, seeing an ugly car and saying "That's one ugly car" right beside it. No-one considers if that car has feeling.
You are so right. Machine abuse is one of the greatest ignored subjects in the world these days. We treat them like things and never consider how hard they try to work for us. We swear at our computers. We hit soda machines with fists and hammers. We threaten to shoot stop lights. I don't even want to mention what we do to poor alarm clocks. When we buy a new car we check the specs, look under the hood, kick the tires, and then take it for a test drive. What would happen if you tried that on a new girl friend? Ever think of that??

So in the future be a bit more tolerant of machines and consider their feelings. I expect they will work better for you if you do.
For some reason, this line of reasoning has me thinking of the "Checking for Bees" joke, which I shall not relate here.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff