Free After Work 2014-01-17

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Tenjen

Re: Free After Work 2014-01-17

Post by Tenjen »

Cant scan her?!
credit to Aoi Heart on DA
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

Monica, are sure you want to give coffee to a hyper teenager?

Wonder where Monica and Atsali are going. Visiting Lydia for a sports bra for Atsali maybe? Or it is bring your child to work day at the museum, and Kathryn has Castela while Monica took Atsali?

Just free associating.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

NOTDilbert wrote:Wait a minute....

The famous demon barista, who can read your aura to determine the bestest drink-of-the-moment for you - Can't scan a 15-year-old!?

Unless Atsali is into mealworm tea for breakfast, why can't Tina read her? Can't be cause she's a paranormal, she can read Phix.....
Or it might just be Atsali has never had coffee before, so her aura doesn't express a craving.

Hey Monica, how about getting Atsali one of Becky's yummy items. She's a teenager, needs a sugar fix to meet minimum energy supply requirments.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

"Atsali, this is Tina, she's a covey of free range demons, and very special person beyond that. Oh, and what you're experiencing now is a 'Friday cliffhanger', where we wait for 72 hours to find out what happens next. It's entirely normal for us, you'll get used to it."

"Aw man! Is that what that is! I thought it was just me!!"
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

NOTDilbert wrote:Wait a minute....

The famous demon barista, who can read your aura to determine the bestest drink-of-the-moment for you - Can't scan a 15-year-old!?

Unless Atsali is into mealworm tea for breakfast, why can't Tina read her? Can't be cause she's a paranormal, she can read Phix.....
She's never been 100% perfect. We'll have to endure to find out whether it's distraction, evolution, or changeable teen auras that are throwing her off.
NOTDilbert wrote:And re: Atsali's shirt: Not out of the question it was in KATHERINE's closet, after all, she was a college girl once - and possibly with adoptive military parents - and was in the service - yeah, coulda been hers - she was able to come up with a Starbuck costume one Halloween, also.
Or... Atsali wants a free subscription...

http://www.heavymetal.com/index.php?id=1961

If so, the Xfay Ordway is coming from inside the mailbox.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Opus the Poet wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:Okay, where did Atsali come up with that shirt?
Hot Topic? or Spencer's?
Do they have Heavy Metal shirts these days?
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

TlalocW wrote:
I'd put something in the pun jar, but it seems to have exploded...

TlalocW
No, not exploded. It ímploded, because someone had the bright idea to drop a quantum gravity well into it, to make more room. It's now smaller than a grain of sand, and even Bud cannot lift it anymore..

B.o.t Tina cannot wholly read Atsali..hmm..interesting. She couldn't read Bud, but that was probably because Bud is a clay jar.
Could it be, indeed, the emptiness left by the computer in Atsali's brain, that mucked-up Tina's AuraVision© ?

Funny btw that Monica is suddenly so squeamish about an F-bomb.. She, Shelly,Tina, hèck! The whole crew curses like a bunch of drunk Dock-hands. And euhh.. Ányone with teens knóws that F-Bombs will be a plenty the moment Dad or Mum is out of range :lol: Must be an American thing :?:
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

Perhaps she knows Hanover Fist.
TlalocW wrote:I'd put something in the pun jar, but it seems to have exploded...
Then where does this copy of "True Companion" by Steely Dan go?
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

AmriloJim wrote:Perhaps she knows Hanover Fist.
TlalocW wrote:I'd put something in the pun jar, but it seems to have exploded...
Then where does this copy of "True Companion" by Steely Dan go?
Throw it in the general direction of the PunJar. It's that strangely dark spot where the table salt is unstoppable shuffling towards like a tiny Dalek. :P

By the by. What is it about those bear-ear hats that makes girls so irresistably cute?
- "Dad?, can I have an Ice choco latte ? "
- "No, You just had lunch, and You'll be racing around like a pond critter after caffeïne"
-*Daughter does the Big Brown Eyes thing, pulling her bear-eared hat a little tighter...
-Dad melts*
- "G..aww, dagnabbit! Ohkay. But don't tell Mom, or she'll make a Human-eared hat out of me..."

:lol:
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
themadkansan

Post by themadkansan »

AmriloJim wrote:Perhaps she knows Hanover Fist.
...He's nothing but a low-down, double-dealing, backstabbing, larcenous perverted worm! Hanging's too good for 'im! Burning's too GOOD for 'im!

He should be TORN INTO LITTLE BITSY PIECES AND BURIED ALIVE!!! STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRNNN!!!!!

</Fiste>
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

Is it my imagination or are Tina's teeth more prominent than they used to was? I know she has always had fangs, but these seem bigger and pointier to me.
I think the reasons she can't quite read Atsali is twofold: 1 She is still freaked out by her "dream", 2 Sali has not had too much coffee and has no real idea what she likes yet.
Personally, I love the smell of coffee, cannot stand the taste of it. Makes me gag. I know that is unAmerican, but it is true.

EDIT: I went back and looked at some earlier strips with Tina and I was wrong. Her teeth have always been pretty pointy.
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
Akeche

Post by Akeche »

I'm not the only one who realized that Tina is so fucked up at the moment that she has literally swapped Monica and Atsali's heads in her vision? Right? You guys realize that isn't the two of them being cute and copying each other's haircuts right?
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

Heads? Nope. Unless the freckles stayed behind.

Tina may just be shaken. Her first meeting with Phix, she needed to relax in order to read her beverage preferences.

Or, as others have said, Atsali may have none as yet.
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
ActionKermit

Post by ActionKermit »

Jay-Em wrote: Funny btw that Monica is suddenly so squeamish about an F-bomb.. She, Shelly,Tina, hèck! The whole crew curses like a bunch of drunk Dock-hands. And euhh.. Ányone with teens knóws that F-Bombs will be a plenty the moment Dad or Mum is out of range :lol: Must be an American thing :?:
Atsali used to act as though swearing was always a bad thing, but with Kath, Pratt and McBride as role models she might be changing on that point. Clearly the ship has already sailed as far as Castela is concerned.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Yamara wrote:"Atsali, this is Tina, she's a covey of free range demons, and very special person beyond that. Oh, and what you're experiencing now is a 'Friday cliffhanger', where we wait for 72 hours to find out what happens next. It's entirely normal for us, you'll get used to it."

"Aw man! Is that what that is! I thought it was just me!!"
"I'm sorry, Monica, but we don't break the fourth wall around here. That guy in the booth with the glasses, coffee and laptop says so."
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

davids4250 wrote:Is it my imagination or are Tina's teeth more prominent than they used to was? I know she has always had fangs, but these seem bigger and pointier to me.
EDIT: I went back and looked at some earlier strips with Tina and I was wrong. Her teeth have always been pretty pointy.
There's a reason.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

Sidhekin wrote:Heads? Nope. Unless the freckles stayed behind.

Tina may just be shaken. Her first meeting with Phix, she needed to relax in order to read her beverage preferences.

Or, as others have said, Atsali may have none as yet.
That's my guess - Atsali hasn't a clue what coffee/beverage she wants/likes. And considering recent event (and changes) that might go for just about everything else :shock: .

Tina seems to read what a person is thinking/feeling and go from there
http://wapsisquare.com/comic/icewater/ (no, not Tina, go back a few pages)

If Atsali is a jumble of thoughts/wants/emotions/DOnotWANTS!/needs/etc, then Tina is not going to be able to come up with a drink/beverage option.
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
chicgeek

Post by chicgeek »

I have this mental image now. Scene shift- back at Tina's apartment, and Tentacle Demon relaxing in a nice bubble bath. 'Aaahhhh...'
Dangit, now I want to see a drawing of that! ^_^
Skruddgemire

Post by Skruddgemire »

Fairportfan wrote:Okay, where did Atsali come up with that shirt?
Wherever she did come up with that shirt...I approve.

Love Heavy Metal. Both the movies and the magazine.

As to where She got it? I doubt it was either Kath or M. Her torso is too large in length to fit into either's size shirts. They sell those T's at my local Hot Topic so it wouldn't be a stretch to see it at the mall where she and Castella went shopping.
Dave

Post by Dave »

NOTDilbert wrote:Unless Atsali is into mealworm tea for breakfast, why can't Tina read her? Can't be cause she's a paranormal, she can read Phix.....
Uggh. Mealworm tea That's a disgusting idea, dude. Nobody makes tea out of mealworms.

They're much tastier deep-fried or toasted, with a bit of garlic salt. :twisted: