Wake Up 2014-01-15

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Jabberwonky

Wake Up 2014-01-15

Post by Jabberwonky »

It was all a dream!
Where's Bobby Ewing?
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Mark N

Re: Wake Up 2014-01-15

Post by Mark N »

Jabberwonky wrote:It was all a dream!
Where's Bobby Ewing?
You just had to go all Dallas on us.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

WOW! Freed yourselves from the quantum world!!!!! That implies they are no longer connected to the demon realm and might not be demons anymore. Another step on their path to evolving.

Now why is Bia helping the process. She entered their dream state, or a local quantized internal space, just to pass that message along. Might she be seeking a path the connect more to Shelly, or a way to influence Shelly? She has to know that Shelly is friends with Tina. That last comment really implies strongly that Bia may be the real reason Tina came into being. Wouldn't it be wild if Jin was being manipulated by Bia all along? Maybe Maya was as well. Hard to tell.
Last edited by zachariah on Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Run and hide, run and hide. But why the bathtub? Although I will admit the tub does have a back door escape path and it is usually the safest place during Tornadoes and drive by shootings.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Where's Bobby Ewing?
With everyone who sees the tentacle coming out and goes EWWWW.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Where's Bobby Ewing?
Dude... DUDE... you went full Dallas... NEVER go full Dallas!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

Yah! The Tina's we all know and love is back?
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
txmystic

Post by txmystic »

Wait...WAS it a dream? Or is Bia just f#%king with Tina? Someone mentioned the Borg queen yesterday, and this seems like something she would do...

But I'm happy to see that even though they are demons inside Tina,, some are same enough to go hide in the bathroom after something like that!
Last edited by txmystic on Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

zachariah wrote:WOW! Freed yourselves from the quantum world!!!!! That implies they are no longer connected to the demon realm and might not be demons anymore. Another step on their path to evolving.

Now why is Bia helping the process. She entered their dream state, or a local quantized internal space, just to pass that message along. Might she be seeking a path the connect more to Shelly, or a way to influence Shelly? She has to know that Shelly is friends with Tina. That last comment really implies strongly that Bia may be the real reason Tina came into being. Wouldn't it be wild if Jin was being manipulated by Bia all along? Maybe Maya was as well. Hard to tell.
I don't know... If I horked up a tentacle like that I'd be damn well positive something demonic was in the air.

Seroiusly though... It appears "Tina's" demons are still with us and still in charge of the ship... I believe that their punishment is over and their memory caps have been lifted... Maybe we can find out more about Tina now and what went on with her. I have to wonder though, have Tina's demons ever met Monica outside of Tina's body? If the memory cap has been lifted, and the memories are flooding back, Tina needs to definitely put a call in to both Monica and Phix to report what's happened. I'm getting a vibe that makes me fairly certain that Phix knows this had a good chance of happening and will help Tina through the transition.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

OK will happen, but not yet. Gotcha. Love it, Tina is high on my list of favorite characters. Behind Shelly but ahead of Dietzle.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

She's no longer quantum? OMG, Tina's gone ANALOG!
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

NOTDilbert wrote:She's no longer quantum? OMG, Tina's gone ANALOG!
I doubt it. She probably went Octal.

Drops calamari into the pun jar.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

zachariah wrote:
NOTDilbert wrote:She's no longer quantum? OMG, Tina's gone ANALOG!
I doubt it. She probably went Octal.

Drops calamari into the pun jar.
Does that mean her eye color is octarine?
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

"HORK!" Whoa, talk about your Morning Sickness. Wait.......Nah, couldn't be...or...COULD IT?! :? :shock:
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

DilyV wrote:
zachariah wrote:WOW! Freed yourselves from the quantum world!!!!! That implies they are no longer connected to the demon realm and might not be demons anymore. Another step on their path to evolving.

I don't know... If I horked up a tentacle like that I'd be damn well positive something demonic was in the air.

Seroiusly though... It appears "Tina's" demons are still with us and still in charge of the ship... I believe that their punishment is over and their memory caps have been lifted... Maybe we can find out more about Tina now and what went on with her. I have to wonder though, have Tina's demons ever met Monica outside of Tina's body? If the memory cap has been lifted, and the memories are flooding back, Tina needs to definitely put a call in to both Monica and Phix to report what's happened. I'm getting a vibe that makes me fairly certain that Phix knows this had a good chance of happening and will help Tina through the transition.
Tina has done that before so it is nothing new. Remember the firedrill of demons getting back into Tina for the pizza delivery?

As to getting their memory back I kind of doubt it. The memories were taken by the demon world. If they've freed themselves from the Demon world then how can they get their memories back? I kinda doubt the demons would be nice and return them.

Yes those demons did meet. At the time of Monica's bus accident. Tina's demons caused the car to hit the bus and helped block Monica's soul from leaving. It was the hurt to Tina that got them punished. It was never really clear who set that up though. Hints are Jin had a hand in it, but it might be others as well.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

txmystic wrote:Wait...WAS it a dream? Or is Bia just f#%king with Tina? Someone mentioned the Borg queen yesterday, and this seems like something she would do...
Yes, Bia is trying to find Unimatrix Zero.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Aaargh, what the heck is going on... Here I was, thinking Tina was getting a 1up mushroom or something, but now it seems everything is back to normal.

Could someone A) explain to me what confusion corner is and B) give me directions to there? Because that is obviously where I belong right now.
Ungh. Engineer part of brain detecting possible serious logic error... Shutting down, performing Subconsious Memory Consolidation and Bullcrap Scan upon entering REM. Do not disrupt power source or remove memory cortex until fully complete and backed up. Avoid premature reactivation unless imminent emergency is occurring.
Zzzzzz...
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

I believe Tentacle wants to hide in the bathtub because she is generally aquatic in nature. The octopus arm is kind of a giveaway.

So, does being free from the quantum world mean the demons can now move into the human physical world in physical form as they choose? Not just floating apparitions but real flesh and blood beings? I'm not sure even Monica's demons can do that.

I don't think it was a Dallas dream but Bia catching Tina while she was in her "resting" state and creating a dream-like state while she did whatever she just did to her.

Even more ominous, I don't think the "get to work" thing was about the coffee shop, but was about getting to work for Bia. Doing what ever Bia just set the demons up to do. Maybe abandon ship for the real world?
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

GlytchMeister wrote:Could someone A) explain to me what confusion corner is and B) give me directions to there? Because that is obviously where I belong right now.
A) Confusion Corner is "where" those of us who are without clues gather. I had always assumed it was a cozy nook inside of Mucho Mocha (Tina's coffeeshop), but with all the upgrades performed there over the past few months (thanks to certain inventive Forumites) I don't even know anymore.
B) Wherever you go, there you are.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

We all carry a bit of Confusion Corner with us, wherever we are, in our befuddled little hearts....minus the snacks, darn it.
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville