Wake Up 2014-01-15

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
GlytchMeister

Re: Wake Up 2014-01-15

Post by GlytchMeister »

Mark N wrote:
GlytchMeister wrote:]

Yeah, I've already seen that, and went on to do a refresher read of the surrounding pages... But what the heck is a "Boziod"?
I googled it and got failed dictionary results and something about Ku Klux Krackering being an art form.
It is a species of non biological life form from the pages of Pibgorn.
*left eyebrow up, right eyebrow down, tilt head right*
...I think I'll just take your word on for it on that one...
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Mr. McEldowney really needs to put his Pibgorn work in a few more dead-tree options.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

GlytchMeister wrote:Because bathtubs are small, quiet, static, (usually) nonthreatening places often associated with privacy, comfort, warmth, and relaxation.
Bathtubs are also the closest thing to a bunker in most houses. Supposed to be the best place to hide in your house if there is a shootout in your neighborhood.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

GlytchMeister wrote:But what the heck is a "Boziod"?
I googled it and got failed dictionary results and something about Ku Klux Krackering being an art form.
Story begins here.

If you're not familiar with Pibgorn and its characters, i suggest you go here before you go there...
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

My2Cents wrote:
GlytchMeister wrote:Because bathtubs are small, quiet, static, (usually) nonthreatening places often associated with privacy, comfort, warmth, and relaxation.
Bathtubs are also the closest thing to a bunker in most houses. Supposed to be the best place to hide in your house if there is a shootout in your neighborhood.
Only those old-fashioned ones. Maybe it was the Cold War or something, (I don't know... I'm way too young and not enough of a history buff to know) but everything from way back when seemed like it was built to withstand a small nuclear blast.

Modern bathtubs are not much sturdier than the plastic body parts on modern cars. Heck, lots of people just have a drain, a shower head, and some warped glass sliding doors.
Not exactly bunker material.

Side note: is the home page broken? The comic seems a bit late, wondering if anyone else is having this happen...
I'm too much!
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Came up right after you asked, apparently.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Harrumph. Happens every time. I say something is broken, and it immediately fixes itself right before anyone else looks at it, making me look like a dolt.
But, new comic = yay!
EDIT: I should clarify, I can see the comic now. No worries.
Last edited by GlytchMeister on Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm too much!
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Mr. Meister, there seems to be an off-shoot of Murphy's Law that covers that...
illiad

Post by illiad »

well, if you are stinkin rich, you can get one of these.... :D :D :twisted:
https://www.stoneforest.com/kitchen-bat ... w/Bathtubs
Dave

Post by Dave »

Hmmm. The final panel gives me some second thoughts about the fried-noodle-and-seafood dish I had with dinner a couple of days ago... a small octopus was one of the ingredients.

Dunno if the second-thought feeling is guilt or horrified anticipation, though... :o
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

The current continuity in Girl Genius (a guest artist illustrating a radio-play script the Foglios wrote a while back) mentions that Agatha and her friends defeated an evil spark "...and his army of lobstermen. After a delicious but morally dubious seafood dinner..."
=====================
=====================
mike weber
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Dave wrote:Hmmm. The final panel gives me some second thoughts about the fried-noodle-and-seafood dish I had with dinner a couple of days ago... a small octopus was one of the ingredients.

Dunno if the second-thought feeling is guilt or horrified anticipation, though... :o
Heh.
My rule of thumb is if it lived in the water, proceed with extreme caution, and if it lived in the water and isn't a fish, leave it and go grab a burger.
Also, all meat must be cooked properly: beef = medium, everything else = well done. Sushi is right out.
And as far as cuts: if it doesn't sound tasty right off the bat (tongue or brains, crap like that) don't eat it. Sautéed bull balls are right out. (1:48)

So far, I haven't had food poisoning, so it seems to be a pretty good system.
I'm too much!
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

KnightDelight wrote:I believe Tentacle wants to hide in the bathtub because she is generally aquatic in nature. The octopus arm is kind of a giveaway.
I've had several cats over the years who would hide in the tub whenever there was thunder, and those cats generally reacted to water in much the same way that a chunk of francium would do.
GlytchMeister wrote:
My2Cents wrote:Bathtubs are also the closest thing to a bunker in most houses. Supposed to be the best place to hide in your house if there is a shootout in your neighborhood.
Only those old-fashioned ones. Maybe it was the Cold War or something, (I don't know... I'm way too young and not enough of a history buff to know) but everything from way back when seemed like it was built to withstand a small nuclear blast.
It's sort of like that "duck and cover" thing that was taught when everybody was afraid that we could all be nuked at any time. A lot of people today mock the whole program, pointing out that hiding under your desk at school isn't going to save you from a thermonuclear explosion happening right over your head. They don't realise that nobody (or at least nobody who had any real notion of things) ever said that it was going to save anybody from that sort of thing. The idea is that it at least gives you a slightly greater chance of survival, mainly by protecting you from debris carried by the blast wave of a distant nuclear detonation. It's not a "this action will definitely save you in any and all cases" sort of thing, but more of a "you'll have slightly better odds of surviving if you do this" situation. All of the alternative actions provide even worse odds.

A modern bath-tub or shower stall will usually have at least slightly more solid sides than the plain walls of your house, even if it's only a thin layer of fibreglass. Every little tiny bit helps. Also, being in a smaller volume of open space means that you'll be less likely to be in the path of flying bits of debris, whether they be bullet fragments or the little splinters of wood and stone and glass that bullets annoyingly tend to kick up. No, hiding in the shower isn't going to definitely stop a bullet that's heading your way, but it will at least make it slightly more likely that you'll not be hit by one.
GlytchMeister wrote:Harrumph. Happens every time. I say something is broken, and it immediately fixes itself right before anyone else looks at it, making me look like a dolt.
Quickly, comment on the broken state of the global economy, as well as that light bulb in my car that's stopped working!
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Catawampus wrote:Quickly, comment on the broken state of the global economy, as well as that light bulb in my car that's stopped working!
Hey, has anyone else noticed something hinky going on with the world lately? I dunno, but it seems like there's a bunch of wars and economic crises happening all the time nowadays... Maybe someone should take a look at it, see what's up.
Also, I saw some dude's car lightbulb out on google earth. He should probably check that out...
I'm too much!
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

In pre-fiberglass days bath tubs were made of cast iron covered in baked on porcelain. They were heavy, durable, and sometimes bullet resistant. They've declined structurally through the years, but the legends live on.

Ducking under your desk actually was an air raid procedure holdover from the second world war to protect students and office workers from window glass and ceiling lathe and plaster coming down. It was just never updated in the cold war procedures because they didn't have anything better to tell the kids to do. (WE sat in the hall ways with our backs to the walls and our arms over our heads and kept our eyes closed) Civil Defense theory in the 50s was aimed at helping those who would survive the initial blast and subsequent radiation sickness, those being already designated casualties and not to have resources wasted on (Per analysis of Hiroshima and Nagasaki).
Last edited by Timotheus on Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

GlytchMeister wrote: My rule of thumb is if it lived in the water, proceed with extreme caution, and if it lived in the water and isn't a fish, leave it and go grab a burger.
Funny to read this as I'm eating shrimp at Red Lobster.
And as far as cuts: if it doesn't sound tasty right off the bat (tongue or brains, crap like that) don't eat it.
I bet most people would love beef tongue if they didn't know what it was beforehand. After a while in a pressure cooker the meat falls apart and makes for some excellent tacos.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

My first wife loved tongu vsanwiches; she'd never been a full-service supermarket; shortly after she moved in with me we were at the Las & Marry in Greenville SC, and as we passed the butcher cases she went "Ewww, gross. What's THAT?"

I looked and said "That's a tongue."

I don't think she's eaten tongue since, and that was almost forty years ago.
=====================
=====================
mike weber
Julie

Post by Julie »

Wapsi wrote:
Atomic wrote:Clue

Clue 2

Annnnd .... Clue 3

Bia/Charon intro thread here.

Aaaaaand, cookie for you! =)
Okay...so this is the story of Tina 2.1's (or whatever version she's on now) Becoming? Connie came about due to being a covey of demons that fused with someone else's soul. I wonder what the real trigger is for Tina's evolution...or is it just what happens because she's living her "life" on her own terms and trying to be a good person on top of that? I better give this a rest before my brain esploderates...I had a massive headache yesterday and I don't want it coming back. :shock:
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

zachariah wrote:The corner exists in quantum space. So be like the cat just close your eyes and you are there. All things are possible there but its not as much fun as Lady Sally's place is.

To avoid the corner requires much effort and understanding grasshopper. Reread the strip from the start several times. Then read the wiki links on Wapsi. Then read all the forum pages. At the end of that then sit down and treat it like the biggest jigsaw/mystery/who-dun-it/ of all time. This is only for those of us who are geeks to the core. We're not obsessive about, YET, or at least we hope not. But it does take dedication.
There is a problem here: She's no longer quantum, but the Confusion Corner is in quantum space? No wonder we are confused. At least to one quantum step.
illiad

Post by illiad »

bmonk wrote:
zachariah wrote:The corner exists in quantum space. So be like the cat just close your eyes and you are there. All things are possible there but its not as much fun as Lady Sally's place is.

To avoid the corner requires much effort and understanding grasshopper. Reread the strip from the start several times. Then read the wiki links on Wapsi. Then read all the forum pages. At the end of that then sit down and treat it like the biggest jigsaw/mystery/who-dun-it/ of all time. This is only for those of us who are geeks to the core. We're not obsessive about, YET, or at least we hope not. But it does take dedication.
There is a problem here: She's no longer quantum, but the Confusion Corner is in quantum space? No wonder we are confused. At least to one quantum step.
ah grass hopper... :ugeek: do you not realise that quantum and non quantum can be the same thing and different things at the same time???? until you can see more than your limited four dimensions, you can only guess.... :ugeek: