Let Yourselves Feel 2014-01-14

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Atomic

Let Yourselves Feel 2014-01-14

Post by Atomic »

Bia is back and she's up to something -- and Tina is going to be the tool...
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
GlytchMeister

Re: Let Yourselves Feel 2014-01-14

Post by GlytchMeister »

Aaah, crap. Here we go. Everyone, strap in, and keep all hands and feet inside the vehicle at all times. "Wham Episodes" incoming...

CAUTION: TVTropes link below - click at your own risk!

Wham Episode
Last edited by GlytchMeister on Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Yes, Bia was either the instigator or the collaborator. And there was something done to Tina's eyes, they work now. (sortof)
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Uh.

Oh.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

interesting. we just learned demons perceive the universe differently than most beings. Tina has functional eyes and a living body now.

As far as what Bia may may be up too? I dunno. But she is well intentioned, it's just her methodology that is questionable.

Still don't like her all that much, though.
Opus the Poet wrote:Yes, Bia was either the instigator or the collaborator. And there was something done to Tina's eyes, they work now. (sortof)
I think Tina's new eyes work just fine, she's just not used to seeing the world through them.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Tina needs to contact Monica and have her poit her to the library to report to Phix immediately... Bia being involved is never good...

Ever.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
TlalocW

Post by TlalocW »

BUM BAH BUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

That's what went through my head upon seeing today's comic.

TlalocW
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

DilyV wrote:Tina needs to contact Monica and have her poit her to the library to report to Phix immediately... Bia being involved is never good...

Ever.
How? As far as Tina can tell, she's in an infinite white room.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

I think Tina's eyes have always worked, they just looked different and maybe she saw things a little differently.
Bia might (MIGHT!) mean well, but I do not trust her even a little bit! If I recall correctly, the last time we saw her, she was flying through the Library wall. I wosh she was still going.
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Your name is Tina Rosario Aldaco Guzmán.

You killed your host.

Prepare to live.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

I think what happened is that the demons merged with Tina's body. Prior to this the body was a shell the demons inhabited and moved. They lived inside it and used their senses to see out of it. Now for some reason they no longer inhabit the body but have merged with it. This very likely means they can no longer leave it individually, or at all. The group is merging. This explains the changed vision they are using the bodies eyes rather than their senses. It also explains the group talking in a single voice. The merger will continue as they adjust to becoming a gestalt entity living in the body.

Why Bia is part of this I am afraid to ask. The merged Tina must be needed for her to complete the task Bia set out to do.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

GlytchMeister wrote:
DilyV wrote:Tina needs to contact Monica and have her poit her to the library to report to Phix immediately... Bia being involved is never good...

Ever.
How? As far as Tina can tell, she's in an infinite white room.
Not this White Room :?: 8-)
Our little barrista is going through some type of change - HOPEFULLY for Good. Meantime whos minding the coffee shoppe?!? ;)
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

In addition to her eyes, her skin is apparently feeling the sunlight unlike before. Something could go very right or very wrong with this new world of sensation she is experiencing, like when the Borg queen tempted Data.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Sphinx-Napped

Post by Sphinx-Napped »

Boxilar wrote:interesting. we just learned demons perceive the universe differently than most beings. Tina has functional eyes and a living body now.

As far as what Bia may may be up too? I dunno. But she is well intentioned, it's just her methodology that is questionable.

Opus the Poet wrote:Yes, Bia was either the instigator or the collaborator. And there was something done to Tina's eyes, they work now. (sortof)
I think Tina's new eyes work just fine, she's just not used to seeing the world through them.
i dont think its fully functional body she still has the demons i think her eyes are meant to see bia like she seeing into bia's living area and i think the demons may soon become one demon like someone said being one entity, now comes why question...

why did bia upgrade are lovely barrista and will it effects her reward and let alone will it affect monica and the golem girls,phix and shelly... i really want to know what she did to them{ the demons}
Punjar repair man, that recently up graded the pun jar to 2.0 now with self defense and and evil ai that will try to kill you, if you even try to hurt it for doing its job...
meisdadoo

Post by meisdadoo »

Interesting comment about stars don't give light, they just emit radiation. Seems like the word "light" has a different meaning to those that don't have human eyes.

And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Not sure where we are, or where we are going, but it seems like we are making really good time. . .
Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

TheDOCTOR wrote:Our little barrista is going through some type of change - HOPEFULLY for Good. Meantime whos minding the coffee shoppe?!? ;)
yep, she looked in the mirror... and i hope that this won't affect her ability to read the aura's of her customers. but then again, she's had a bit of practice with the GG's in anticipating their drinks without reading an aura first... as for the cafe? it's probably the first thing in the morning and she is just waking up from last night... she hasn't gone in to work yet so there technically isn't ANYBODY minding the store...

i'm kinda hoping that this ties in with Atsali's coming-of-age story arc somehow, as it definitely does NOT seem to be "over" yet, and i don't seem to recall Paul doing two radically different arc's at the same time... two or more at the same time, yes, but they were all connected somehow so it wasn't as much of a dissonant note as these two are currently on... Atsali with her school life and home life being two parts of HER arc, but Tina's new-found connection with herself, and with Bia... FTW?! i can't see as to how they COULD be connected if, in fact, they are... but... i guess we'll just have to see won't we? :D
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

Boxilar wrote:interesting. we just learned demons perceive the universe differently than most beings. Tina has functional eyes and a living body now.

In the past Tina probably mostly saw auras and didn't pay much attention to light, if she could see at all. Remember how much Bud's lack of an aura freaked her out? It would have been looking at a ghost.

With the change that has occurred she may now be mostly, or even only, seeing light. Think of how it would be if you were red colorblind, and then suddenly overnight it switched to being blue colorblind instead.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

I trust Bia not at all.

What if she's trying to take credit for something Tina accomplished by themselves.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
jeffepp

Post by jeffepp »

OK, I am confused. Confused by the vitriol aimed a Bia.

The way you speak about her, it's as if she was the great villain of the comic, the architect of all that is wrong in the world. Yet, she is no less a manipulator of events than her "partner in crime", Pix. Yes, she gave birth to a Shelly (or Michelle, or what have you) in each time loop, but Pix gave birth to the fathers of those girls for each loop as well. It was Bia pointing this out that prompted Pix to hit her. And yet, with out our Shelly, as well as all the others, the time loops could never have been stopped. If anything, the real villains of this have been trying to thwart Bia, Pix, Nudge, and all.

So, why is it that so many of you hate her? Is it because she left Shelly at a young age? If so, keep in mind that she had to do so, so that Shelly would go on that "Spirit Quest", that would make her what she needed to be. And, it would seem that she and Shelly have been making up time, referred to in the "phoenix blood" story line.

Is it because WE have seen little of her? That we don't know her as a close character to us, the viewers?

Or, is it because of the little spat between her and Pix? That some of us feel we have to take sides? Yet, it was little more than a "love tap", a quibble forgotten nearly as quickly as it flared up, between creatures that have the power to level mountains.

I make these points, not in defense of Bia, but to understand all the hate. I have no strong feelings about her, one way or another, yet many of you do. Very negative feelings. And this, I don't understand.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

davids4250 wrote:I think Tina's eyes have always worked, they just looked different and maybe she saw things a little differently.
Tell that to the spider. ;) But otherwise, you're quite right: Tina has always seen things differently. AuraVision, after all.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)