Patreon Pablowapsi 2013-12-20

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
shadowinthelight

Patreon Pablowapsi 2013-12-20

Post by shadowinthelight »

Can Castela only count to three? She just ignored the fourth wall.

And the important link to help out Paul.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Wapsi
Site Admin

Re: Patreon Pablowapsi 2013-12-20

Post by Wapsi »

You witnessed something that will not likely ever happen again (4th wall break). That aside, here's a direct link to the Patreon site: http://www.patreon.com/pablowapsi
Radical_Knight

Post by Radical_Knight »

Why are the posts not in the correct order? I realize that I must pay special attention to posting date... I was just curious.
Memories die hard long after reality has turned to dust.
Julie

Post by Julie »

Okay...so I caved in. I said I couldn't and wouldn't contribute because my hubby probably wouldn't endorse it or understand my mania...but then I remembered I've got a credit card that he doesn't see, so I signed up for $1 a month (I can accept $12 a year on my budget). :P
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

I am extremely conflicted on this. It's not a matter of the money, but rather of using real personal information online.
GuySmiley

Post by GuySmiley »

This is probably just me reading way too much into a filler page but is Castela's line "I can't see you but I know you're there" just a reference to the 4th wall or can she not see like we can? I ask mostly because she doesn't have 'eyes' like everyone else so it wouldn't surprise me too much if her sense of sight was different as well.
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes."
-The Laughing Man; GITS:SAC (originally from Holden Caulfield; Catcher in the Rye)
Dave

Post by Dave »

Radical_Knight wrote:Why are the posts not in the correct order? I realize that I must pay special attention to posting date... I was just curious.
I've never seen posts in any thread displayed in any order other than first-at-the-top, as that 's the phpBB default.

Might you have accidentally clicked on the Sort menu (down below the last posting) and switched to a different posting-sort order without realizing it?
pinglederry

Post by pinglederry »

Radical_Knight wrote:Why are the posts not in the correct order? I realize that I must pay special attention to posting date... I was just curious.
If you mean on the page that collects all the comic commentary posts, then besides the two (I think two) that have been "stuck" to the top, the posts for me are ranked by how recently somebody commented on them. So if there's a new post for a new comic, everybody's commenting on it so it stays at the top (until the next comic commentary post), but if somebody goes back and adds a new comment to an older post, that post will move to the top until another person comments on the newer one.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Julie wrote:Okay...so I caved in. I said I couldn't and wouldn't contribute because my hubby probably wouldn't endorse it or understand my mania...but then I remembered I've got a credit card that he doesn't see, so I signed up for $1 a month (I can accept $12 a year on my budget). :P
Make it up to him by getting a membership at Dollar Shave Club. Your donation will look cheap compared to $3 a month. ;)
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
meisdadoo

Post by meisdadoo »

The voices in my head (or perhaps the demons in my pocket) told me that I shouldn't give my personal information to the innerwebs and I was conflicted.

Then I remembered what happens if you don't do exactly what they say--absolutely nothing.

That nugget of knowledge and power alone is worth more than a dollar a month. So instead of throwing all my loose change into the imaginary pun jar, I will pay to enjoy the online antics of the increasingly interesting world of the Wapsiverse.

and no riskier than buying a pair of shoes on line.
Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
ActionKermit

Post by ActionKermit »

I donated.

as363

Post by as363 »

Donated $10_reading this every day is reward enough.
Tenjen

Post by Tenjen »

hope my 20 helps each month
credit to Aoi Heart on DA
Kingmaker

Post by Kingmaker »

I'm glad to help. I'll forgo some other luxury in my life (i.e. soda/pop/carbonated beverage) and donate what i normally spend on that. It's worth it to me.

Good luck I hope all goes well.

The only bummer thing for me is now the comic is blocked at work, thus even if there is no cliff hanger, I must wait till later in the day to read it. :( The anticipation of a new post is already hard to bear.

Thanks to everyone who is already contributing.
"But when they said, "Give us a king to lead us," this displeased Samuel; so he prayed to the LORD"
1 Samuel 8:6

Sometimes being the Kingmaker is harder than it sounds, especially when people don't know what they are getting into.
JSStryker

Post by JSStryker »

ActionKermit wrote:I donated.

What ActionKermit said! I donated
Vive la weird!
as363

Post by as363 »

Anyone want to make a guess on what the Monday site will portray ?
Leak

Post by Leak »

Kingmaker wrote:The only bummer thing for me is now the comic is blocked at work, thus even if there is no cliff hanger, I must wait till later in the day to read it. :( The anticipation of a new post is already hard to bear.
Whoa - isn't there a smartphone in the house?
jayessell

Post by jayessell »

GuySmiley wrote:This is probably just me reading way too much into a filler page but is Castela's line "I can't see you but I know you're there" just a reference to the 4th wall or can she not see like we can? I ask mostly because she doesn't have 'eyes' like everyone else so it wouldn't surprise me too much if her sense of sight was different as well.
I'm fairly sure Castela has normal or better vision.
She watches TV with her big sister.
If her eyes worked on non-optical principles she might be able to see the television set
is in the room but not be able to see the images on it.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Random Thought: Am I the only one that see the title to this thread and thinks of a high-end tequila endorsed by Paul?
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Tenjen

Post by Tenjen »

760!

keep going! lets hit a milestone!
credit to Aoi Heart on DA