What You Did 2013-12-19

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

What You Did 2013-12-19

Post by AmriloJim »

Keeping the bitch attitude for public consumption but privately acknowledging the kindness.
Opus the Poet

Re: What You Did 2013-12-19

Post by Opus the Poet »

Meh, could be better, was a lot worse just two strips ago.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
jayessell

Post by jayessell »

"You're welcome, Flipper."
(Maybe Atsali would just Think that last bit.)
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

'Keep yer tail in a bag.'
:lol:
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

jayessell wrote:"You're welcome, Flipper."
^^That!
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

In panel 3, Shadow Atsali has quite the poker face (and the Little Orphan Annie eyes again :shock: )

*edit* So, since this is a paranormal school, will they all ride home in the Schoolbus in Black? (Probably hot as Hades early fall and late spring)
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

From what the boss (Hephaestus, my male deity) says Hades is a pretty chill dude. It's Persephone (daughter of Demeter, wife of Hades) who's hot. (of course Heph has Aphrodite as his beloved so he does have a standard for comparison)
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

AmriloJim wrote:Keeping the bitch attitude for public consumption but privately acknowledging the kindness.
Jessie didn't really like having to do it either. But she couldn't pretend it didn't happen. SO saving face and thanking in private allowed her to do it in a way acceptable to her. I don't expect she will stop with the attitude though. A real stereotype of the stuck up B* who is in the a-crowd.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

Atsali (softly): "In an orphanage you learn you have to be able to depend on each other."

Leaves Gotlieb nothing to focus her anger on, and could force her to question her own behavior.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

My2Cents wrote:
Atsali (softly): "In an orphanage you learn you have to be able to depend on each other."

Leaves Gotlieb nothing to focus her anger on, and could force her to question her own behavior.
There's still Friday's comic. From her initial expression in panel 2, Atsali didn't expect kindness to follow kindness. She did what she did because it was right, not because she expected to be rewarded. She was bracing for the way she's used to being treated by the popular kids.
cmdrpowers

Post by cmdrpowers »

"Jugs" huh? Reminds me of the earlier days when women began to be accepted into combat squadrons. One of the new pilots gained the callsign "Jugs" due to her spectacular superstructure. According to the book, she was glad to get that callsign because it meant that the other pilots accepted her as one of them. Callsigns are supposed to be inappropriate and occasionally embarrassing. The pilot almost never gets to choose their own callsign. If Atsali gets the nick of "Jugs" it might just be a good thing. 8-)
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Are we having a "When Monica Met Shelly" moment here?
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Aleister Crow

Post by Aleister Crow »

They may never be friends, but at least they don't have to be enemies.
Whoever coined the phrase "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" obviously never spent an afternoon cramming the little buggers into one.
Radical_Knight

Post by Radical_Knight »

This seems fairly typical for Teen girls. They sling insults for public entertainment, but in private are really respectful.
Memories die hard long after reality has turned to dust.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

cmdrpowers wrote:"Jugs" huh? Reminds me of the earlier days when women began to be accepted into combat squadrons. One of the new pilots gained the callsign "Jugs" due to her spectacular superstructure. According to the book, she was glad to get that callsign because it meant that the other pilots accepted her as one of them. Callsigns are supposed to be inappropriate and occasionally embarrassing. The pilot almost never gets to choose their own callsign. If Atsali gets the nick of "Jugs" it might just be a good thing. 8-)
Only if they are going to be entering a special forces group for paranormal combat. The type of group belonging you are talking about is a special thing for the few who take part in that. It is a method they deal with the fact that any of them could die at any second. You get close but not too close and hide real feeling under the cover of humor. This allows them to push the hurt away easier when one of them does die. The warrior mentality is not what you really want to see in a high school.
Sports teams do it as well but in a different way. The stakes they play for are a lot less but the stress can be as great.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

jwhouk wrote:Are we having a "When Monica Met Shelly" moment here?
Atsali (all non chalant and continuing to tie her shoes): "You know... I have this aunt who is big breasted... I'd like you to meet her... the last time someone made a snide remark about her breasts, she poited them into a volcano... Oh yeah... by the way... She's the Jaguar Girl. Just sayin'..." *walks out singing Fish heads, fish heads, roly poly fish heads, fish heads fish heads eat them up yum!* :lol: :lol: :lol:
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
GuySmiley

Post by GuySmiley »

NOTDilbert wrote:
^^That!
It would be a fairly appropriate response towards someone named Gotlieb. ;) (hopefully someone gets the joke there)
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes."
-The Laughing Man; GITS:SAC (originally from Holden Caulfield; Catcher in the Rye)
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

cmdrpowers wrote:"Jugs" huh? Reminds me of the earlier days when women began to be accepted into combat squadrons. One of the new pilots gained the callsign "Jugs" due to her spectacular superstructure. According to the book, she was glad to get that callsign because it meant that the other pilots accepted her as one of them. Callsigns are supposed to be inappropriate and occasionally embarrassing. The pilot almost never gets to choose their own callsign. If Atsali gets the nick of "Jugs" it might just be a good thing. 8-)
FYI - The male equivalent is "Tripod." Just saying.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

My2Cents wrote:Atsali (softly): "In an orphanage you learn you have to be able to depend on each other."

Ooh, talk about armor-piercing words! Dang. Even better, it doesn't say anything about Jessie directly, but it leads her mind to that train of thought... So any introspection on her part is her own idea...

BRRRAAAHHHWWWMMM!!!

...side note, I just noticed that my iPad keyboard keys look crooked upon close inspection. Weird.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Aleister Crow wrote:They may never be friends, but at least they don't have to be enemies.
Definitely good enough for me! :mrgreen: Though it may be too much to hope that Gotlieb would back off permanently.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)