Breaking My Heart 2013-12-18

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
NOTDilbert

Breaking My Heart 2013-12-18

Post by NOTDilbert »

And now Atsali begins to learn the phrase "No good deed goes unpunished."

Will she possibly major in crisis management?
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Dave

Re: Breaking My Heart 2013-12-18

Post by Dave »

BWAHAHA.... "an after school special moment."

Ten points to those who proposed such a show in yesterday's forum thread! :lol: :lol:
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Just "Yay!" for Atsali not holding a grudge in this one.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Such compassion. It's almost like Mrs. Adler's heart grew three sizes just like the Grinch. :lol:
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
elanora

Post by elanora »

Atsali's such a good kid it's ridiculous, but this is touching. Here's hoping she's just made more new friends with the aqua teens.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

shadowinthelight wrote:Such compassion. It's almost like Mrs. Adler's heart grew three sizes just like the Grinch. :lol:

http://www.leasticoulddo.com/comic/20131215/

That's all I have to say about the subject.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

Jessie's expression in the last panel is awesome... there's no clue as to whether she's Pissed, or Pleased... just a vaguely WTF look that can go either way... is she going to be annoyed that it's *Atsali* bringing them and resentfully take the offered trunks, or is she going to be more annoyed at her friend Krystle for trying to get her to go to the locker room with her suit in the condition that it's in without taking into account the REST of the room's occupants (the boys) and take the trunks gladly? thus modifying her opinion of Atsali into someone she can hang out with?

hopefully the latter thus making my initial foray's into the field of prognostication about their future relations a moot point...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
illiad

Post by illiad »

:) That's a true gym instructor! 'your breaking my heart :evil: .. shall I get a liddle ambulance??? now get back to work!!!! '
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Sali certainly cut that crisis short now didn't she! We can say she made it a brief problem and truncated any issues. I hope this input suits everyone.

Drops a speedo into the pun jar. I am certainly not about to wear it. I get enough flack just from my joke.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

I'm really glad things happened as they did, and didn't take the grim-dark turn my post in the previous forum laid out.

Thumbs up from the high school outcast to Astali for stepping up.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

shadowinthelight wrote:Such compassion. It's almost like Mrs. Adler's heart grew three sizes just like the Grinch. :lol:
Oh, I hope not :shock:

http://www.leasticoulddo.com/comic/20131215/

NSFW webcomic, but that page is safer than most.

Although, if you are at work and people look funny at you if you laugh at random while "working" on your computer, maybe you should not click that link anyway.

*edit* but then, that is a standard warning when clicking links at work, isn't it?
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
Tenjen

Post by Tenjen »

GlytchMeister wrote:I'm really glad things happened as they did, and didn't take the grim-dark turn my post in the previous forum laid out.

Thumbs up from the high school outcast to Astali for stepping up.
theres still time.
credit to Aoi Heart on DA
Prester Fred

Post by Prester Fred »

Panel four...the two girls are like, "Wait -- she's being nice? What can it mean? What can she possibly be up to? What is she plotting?"

I first read it on a button at a Balticon, many years ago: "Love your enemies. It'll confuse the hell out of 'em."
jayessell

Post by jayessell »

Awww.... Atsali has new friends!
I'm sure her bear friends and her fish friends will be pals also!
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

jayessell wrote:I'm sure her bear friends and her fish friends will be pals also!
"You look so good I could eat you right up!"
"Wait, are you hitting on me or should I be running away?"
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Tenjen

Post by Tenjen »

a character in Eerie cuties had a similar problem, a naga with a human form. Fortunately she was wearing a skirt at the time when shifting to her real form. But she lost her panties (which were found by the resident "pervert" character (stuck in a small doll)). Stomping commenced.
credit to Aoi Heart on DA
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

Prester Fred wrote:I first read it on a button at a Balticon, many years ago: "Love your enemies. It'll confuse the hell out of 'em."
My grandfather's favorite was "Always smile at your enemies. They will worry about what you are up to."
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Opus the Poet wrote:Just "Yay!" for Atsali not holding a grudge in this one.
Indeed. I applaud our heroine for choosing to be the bigger person - and I do NOT mean literally. Schadenfreude may have a time & place, but not now & not here.
The best part about all this is that if Jessie acts ungrateful and continues to be...*ahem* unpleasant, SHE looks bad in front of the others. And she KNOWS it.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Akamar

Post by Akamar »

The look could yet translate into a ".. You want me to wear BOY SHORTS?! " moment as well... Not that I'm hoping for it, but I could see jessie and Krystal being... erm... fixated on such.
loxmyth

Post by loxmyth »

I was going to point out that some of these characters are used to going around nude in their natural form... but (a) social conventions, (b) HUMAN social conventions, which they're supposed to be actively practicing, and (c) everyone being in human form and thus theoretically compatible might make an exposed tush more worth checking out than an exposed tail.

Good solution grabbing the shorts. Doesn't require further exposure while covering up, and shouldn't actually look all that unreasonable once what's left of the one-piece is tucked in.

This may be a good argument for shapechangers to wear bikinis; they' might be more likely to just be left behind than ripped. (Or design suits with snaps or velcro that can be reattached after popping free -- though anything with an easily-opened crotch might draw its own flavor of the wrong kind of attention. A friend of mine once complained that if anyone made hiking pants designed to let a gal pee in the woods in winter without freezing herself, they'd probably be considered indecently suggestive in town.)

(I love the fact that we take these fictional worlds seriously enough to try to make them work...)
Last edited by loxmyth on Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.