Keep Concertrating 2013-12-17

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
zachariah

Keep Concertrating 2013-12-17

Post by zachariah »

Now who is going to be embarrassed?

What goes around, comes around. Unfortunately I expect Gotleib is likely to blame Sali for this instead of herself. In her mermaid form she may go after Sali in anger. We may be seeing a Siren-Mermaid fight here shortly.

I was right about Mrs. Adler using a remark about mermaids deliberately to make a point about spreading gossip.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
zachariah

Re: Keep Concertrating 2013-12-17

Post by zachariah »

I wonder if this is going to lead to us seeing Sali's adult siren form? If Gotlieb attacks her and it escalate Sali may be pushed to take that form. Prior to this when Sali took winged form it was as a juvenile, now she has grown.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

There goes the swimsuit. I bet that's a pain you don't forget in a hurry.
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
displaced

Post by displaced »

explains the golf-ball comment. hmmm, I'm agreeing on the fight thing but I'm also betting her friend isn't going to be happy about being in the middle.
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

zachariah wrote:I wonder if this is going to lead to us seeing Sali's adult siren form? If Gotlieb attacks her and it escalate Sali may be pushed to take that form. Prior to this when Sali took winged form it was as a juvenile, now she has grown.
um... NO, She's going to be too embarrassed to do something like that.. in class.. in the pool... with no bathing suit on (the bottom half at least)... with the TEACHER WATCHING!!! NO... she doesn't seem to be STUPID, just bitchy... and she IS going to blame Atsali for the cramps... which the laps caused... due to Atsali being the Teachers Pet... again, it all comes back to the mentality that she seems to be portraying... that of the stuck up snobby rich bitch that gets away with anything she wants... and now she got in trouble due to Atsali, AND lost her bathing suit on the first day of class... and i'll bet that it was a very expensive, custom-tailored, suit that barely was able to stay inside the schools uniform regs... all of which she's going to blame on Atsali as well... and if Atsali so much as snickers where Jessie can hear it, she's just cemented her as an enemy out for blood (figuratively i hope and not actually)
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
GuySmiley

Post by GuySmiley »

displaced wrote:explains the golf-ball comment. hmmm, I'm agreeing on the fight thing but I'm also betting her friend isn't going to be happy about being in the middle.
She might get mad and lash out but somehow I don't think Mrs. Adler is there type to stand for fights in class. She looks mean enough in human form. :o I'm betting on Atsali getting the glare of death (not that she deserves it) and not much else for the time being.

The dark horse bet is them bonding over embarrassing wardrobe issues. Not counting on it but it would be somewhat similar to how Monica and Shelly's first meeting went, if memory serves.
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes."
-The Laughing Man; GITS:SAC (originally from Holden Caulfield; Catcher in the Rye)
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Damned wardrobe malfunction!
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Dave

Post by Dave »

zachariah wrote:Now who is going to be embarrassed?
I see what you did there! :lol:
Wyvern wrote:There goes the swimsuit. I bet that's a pain you don't forget in a hurry.
Ummm... yeah. Ouch. Self-induced fabric-snapping wedgie. :shock:

Further evidence that being paranormal in a human-dominated world isn't all beer and skittles!
scantrontb wrote:... and i'll bet that it was a very expensive, custom-tailored, suit that barely was able to stay inside the schools uniform regs...
Could be, but I'm not sure of that, for two reasons: Ms. Adler made a point of telling Atsali that all the girls had the same suit; and, if it were an expensive bespoke design, I would have expected the tailor to have used an elastic fabric suitable for a client who might morph upwards ten sizes or so in an instant.
txmystic

Post by txmystic »

Karma.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Dave wrote:Ummm... yeah. Ouch. Self-induced fabric-snapping wedgie. :shock:

I believe that qualifies as a thermo-nuclear atomic wedgie. And even for the non-testicle bearing members of the audience that has to hurt by osmosis.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

So Gotlieb is "The Little Mermaid". I bet Atsali comes to her aid....or at least tries. Lets hope Jessie isn't in 'Bee-yotch' mode. ;)
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

scantrontb wrote:
zachariah wrote:I wonder if this is going to lead to us seeing Sali's adult siren form? If Gotlieb attacks her and it escalate Sali may be pushed to take that form. Prior to this when Sali took winged form it was as a juvenile, now she has grown.
um... NO, She's going to be too embarrassed to do something like that.. in class.. in the pool... with no bathing suit on (the bottom half at least)... with the TEACHER WATCHING!!! NO... she doesn't seem to be STUPID, just bitchy... and she IS going to blame Atsali for the cramps... which the laps caused... due to Atsali being the Teachers Pet... again, it all comes back to the mentality that she seems to be portraying... that of the stuck up snobby rich bitch that gets away with anything she wants... and now she got in trouble due to Atsali, AND lost her bathing suit on the first day of class... and i'll bet that it was a very expensive, custom-tailored, suit that barely was able to stay inside the schools uniform regs... all of which she's going to blame on Atsali as well... and if Atsali so much as snickers where Jessie can hear it, she's just cemented her as an enemy out for blood (figuratively i hope and not actually)
Anger can overcome rational thinking very easily. It is very possible that she will strike at Sali. Probably limit it to destroying Sali's suit to make up for her suit being ruined. What happens depends on how fast Mrs. Adler spots the problem and reacts to it. Mermaids more very fast in the water. This could escalate very quickly because young teens are reacting and not thinking. That kind of thing can erupt in a second and nobody could stop it. Don't rely on Gotlieb taking time to think.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Dave wrote: Could be, but I'm not sure of that, for two reasons: Ms. Adler made a point of telling Atsali that all the girls had the same suit; and, if it were an expensive bespoke design, I would have expected the tailor to have used an elastic fabric suitable for a client who might morph upwards ten sizes or so in an instant.
It's not so much the size change as the fact that the bifurcation the suit used to run through suddenly became a single solid mass.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Dave

Post by Dave »

Fairportfan wrote:
Dave wrote:It's not so much the size change as the fact that the bifurcation the suit used to run through suddenly became a single solid mass.
Good point! Sort of a paranormal-biology version of the Meissner effect.

Having some sort of breakaway snap arrangement would seem to be essential.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Opus the Poet wrote:
Dave wrote:Ummm... yeah. Ouch. Self-induced fabric-snapping wedgie. :shock:
I believe that qualifies as a thermo-nuclear atomic wedgie. And even for the non-testicle bearing members of the audience that has to hurt by osmosis.
The best Atomic Wedgie ever was when Maxima gave one of Harem's five bodies (five bodies, one consciousness; a teleporter) a serious wedgie...

Note the cascade of effects...
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

I've always wondered what the sound of a mermaid tearing through the crotch portion of a bathing suit as she unmorphs would be. Now I know. Except for the ripping the bathing suit, I doubt she would be too embarrassed. Of course, mermaids don't have fur to cover their naughty bits, so unless something else covers them, there could be a bit of embarrassment from that as well. This is assuming they even have naughty bits. None of the images I've ever seen of mermaids have a visible vajayjay.

In any event this is the instructor's fault. She warned her she was losing concentration and was beginning to cramp up. Could be better if they used a two piece swimsuit for paranormals. At least the top could still be used and the bottom might survive if it isn't attached to anything. Of course, for some paranormals it could be the top that would go (or both).
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

shadowinthelight wrote:Damned wardrobe malfunction!
The Wardrobe didn't malfunction. Gottlieb's body malfunctioned.

Total Karma Function!!! Karma paybacks are scaly flippered bitches in Wapsi Square!!!

Life's a Bitch, then you get a self-induced atomic wedgie!

That HAD to hurt...

I see Atsali trying to mitigate the embarrassment somehow... but I don't see Gottlieb being very accepting of Atsali's kind nature. I DO see Mrs. Adler keeping any retaliation from happening... at least in the pool area. Maybe Atsali could get a towel or something for Gottlieb as a peace offering.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
jayessell

Post by jayessell »

Does this mean the muscle cramps are gone or now hurting in a larger volume
of body tissue?
At least she doesn't have to be worried about drowning.

I don't think Atsali is in danger and won't be amoung the kids laughing at her.
This might be such a faux pas / loss of face (yeah, I know, wrong end!)
that no one will laugh. Atsali might even go to help her if she starts crying.
Tenjen

Post by Tenjen »

I wait on thether hooks for how this is going to go.
credit to Aoi Heart on DA
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

Fairportfan wrote:It's not so much the size change as the fact that the bifurcation the suit used to run through suddenly became a single solid mass.
I don't see how if it were imbedded in her flesh that would lead to the suit bottom being destroyed like that. It might produce some extremely health threatening effects.

It seems more likely that the legs would have fused starting from the crotch and proceeding down the legs until it get to the heel, with the rest of the foot forming the tail. This push the crotch of the suit ahead of it until the suit stretched to the point it snaps, as happened, and produce the maximum possible wedgie followed by the broken rubber band effect. Double ouch! The skin at the point where it is fusing is also likely to be more tender than the rest, increasing the pain even more.

Mrs. Adler will probably just toss Miss Gotlieb another suit (That’s why they are all wearing the same one, they are go to go through a lot of them). Then tell her to shift back to human, put it on and repeat the lap.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.