Andrea Torrejón Wapsi Pinup 2013-11-29

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
zachariah

Andrea Torrejón Wapsi Pinup 2013-11-29

Post by zachariah »

Nice in it's way but not up to the art work in the strip for the Jaguar girl. I mean really a short, plump Monica? If Monica saw herself that way she just has to have Bud kill her and the weight be gone. Not the best method of weight loss but it will work.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Jabberwonky

Re: Andrea Torrejón Wapsi Pinup 2013-11-29

Post by Jabberwonky »

Aaah! Super-cute Jaguar Girl on top of tryptophan poisoning...collapsing into a coma...
(Don't worry, I'll be up for turkey-n-stuffing sammiches tomorrow)
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
meisdadoo

Post by meisdadoo »

Monica seems to have eaten little too much turkey. . .time for a run through the jungle. :lol:
Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

It could be just A Jaggirl, and not our Jaggirl.
Wapsi
Site Admin

Post by Wapsi »

Seriously? A guest artist goes out of their way to help me out and provide art in their own style, and you find something negative to say?! If you're complimenting my art by slamming their art, that is majorly not cool.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Here's an enthusiastic vote in favor of continuing to have guest-artist strips from time to time... and our appreciating them as the gifts they are.

I really like seeing different artists' styles, and their varying interpretations of the characters we've come to love. Paul is doing something that's not all that common... allowing other artists to "play" with his characters, in his own official "sandbox".

The guests artists' imaginings won't be mirror-clone versions of Paul's. They may differ from how we personally might imagine the characters, and may shake up our perceptions a bit... but, as the inscription says at the Tomb of the Unknown Implementor, "It's not a bug, it's a feature!"

Thank you, Ms. Torrejón, for your most fetching image of the Jaguar Girl!
dadman

Post by dadman »

Well said Dave. I blame Black Friday malaise for the unconscious knee-jerk reactions of some. With the lack of responses, I kind of get the feeling there's been some second-thought self-editing going on today...

Thank you for sharing you fellow artists work, Mr. Taylor.
Yo soy un papa.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Indeed! Styles vary -- that's the point!

Consider:
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

WHo want's a Jaguar Girl plushie? *raises hands* Pick me! I do!

I vote for a plushie of this pic. SHe's sooooo cute!
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
starkruzr

Post by starkruzr »

I actually love the lines, not a fan of the colors. *shrug* To each their own.
Wdot

Post by Wdot »

I'm just going to say what I've said before, I like to see other artists' take on Paul's characters. Of course they're not going to look the same, it's the artists own talent being expressed. The fact that they are willing to take time out of their own busy schedules to make artwork for Paul and us is generous and shouldn't be met with criticism, but with gratitude. Some other webcomics go on vacation and the picture remains the same until they start up again. Just sayin'.

Without Paul putting up these pictures, I might never run across some of these talented artists and I'm glad for the opportunity. Without exposure to different talents you might miss them, and that would be a tragedy in my opinion. Thanks again, Andrea Torrejón for your take on the Jaguar Girl, it was interesting and adorable in its own right and I'm glad to have seen it.
Make the wrong things difficult, and the right things easy. Notice the smallest change and the slightest try and reward him.
----Ray Hunt
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

No matter, it's cuter than a tanker full of kittens, so thumbs up from me!
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Anyone else suffering from Tryptophan poisoning? LOL I hope everyone else had a fantastic Turkey day. Today's Monica looks as if she wants to jump up in our laps and find a place to sleep!!! The Kewt!!!
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

OK, so this is my 1st post, I just signed up after lurking oh... more than a year.

"Hello, My name is Taz and I'm a Wapsiholic..."

< pause >

I dont have any posting history here to base my credibility on, but here goes.

- The Guest Art is a chance to see something new, something different.

- 'Different' can be something outside the given persons' comfort zone, happy-place; recall the phrase "I don't know art, but I know what I like!...", well, it's an old chestnut but rings true.

- Paul, sir, if I might ask you to look at it a bit differently; those 1st couple of comments werent negative so much as teritorial: "Look what she did to _our_ Monica!" with a little bit of "OMG!, Where are the Berbs!?"

I for one find a certain Bizarro-World component in that the pic is soft and femine and cuddly (did someone ask for a plushie to be made? , makes sense), when what weve come to know as the Jaguar Girl is feral and savage and dangerous. Both are sexy, one is a Guest Pic.

I'd hope the guest artist would be ready for the real world of Interwebz Posting, Anonomous Style and perhaps take away she stirred it up a little and caused a reaction.

I like that you expose your 'captive audience' to other's works, (I usually go explore their efforts) so keep doing what youre doing.

Happy Thanksgiving
and I wonder why my inline spell check, wont... huh.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

I can understand if people think this one doesn't look like Monica. It's the different hair color that is throwing things off for me. It is a cute drawing though.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Welcome, Taz, and well said. Plenty of room here for differences of opinion on art and more. Looking forward to further participation!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

The picture is a cute take on things. Guest art is just a way for other artists to show their respect and love for the work of another and should not be met with derision but acceptance. As for the image being different, just look at Paul's character work from the beginning in 2001 to now and still changing into the future. Even Monica's hair color changes when she transforms into various phases. As for this image I look on it as kind of like looking at Monica as a chibi, a totally different look but still feels like the same character.
So thank you Ms. Torrejón for this gift to Paul and us. :D
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

I found Wapsi through Jennie Breeden's guest art on Dec. 22, 2011. I hope people who follow other artists will also find and enjoy Wapsi Square. Thanks for introducing us to others, Paul!
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

PS- While strolling about Ms.Torrejón's website, I came across the following gender-bent Leathal Weapon artwork. Gal's got talent.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/bc9a2a072bc1 ... 1_1280.jpg
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

TazManiac wrote:PS- While strolling about Ms.Torrejón's website, I came across the following gender-bent Leathal Weapon artwork. Gal's got talent.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/bc9a2a072bc1 ... 1_1280.jpg
Melina Gibson and Danielle Glover? :shock:
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!