Aunt Monica 2013-11-26

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
loxmyth

Aunt Monica 2013-11-26

Post by loxmyth »

Perfect way to introduce Monica to Atsali. "She's family, she's caring, she's approachable, she's as much of a geek as you are... oh, yeah, and you can see why we think you ought to talk to her."

("Atsali was worried about you" -- Lettering glitch? -- Already fixed; thank you! I know how that happens; sometimes -- especially when you're focused on the detail of layout rather than the script -- the wrong neuron fires. I get the same thing when programming sometimes.)
Last edited by loxmyth on Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jerry Lewis

Re: Aunt Monica

Post by Jerry Lewis »

I'm a leetle bit confused at the wording of the last panel... "Atsali was worried about you"? Who is she addressing if not Atsali herself?
stjen

Post by stjen »

Bud talking to Atsali: "Atsali was worried about you, so we kept her calm, and..."
Shouldn't that be "Castela was worried about you..."?
Wapsi
Site Admin

Post by Wapsi »

Jerry Lewis wrote:I'm a leetle bit confused at the wording of the last panel... "Atsali was worried about you"? Who is she addressing if not Atsali herself?
Hit F5 =)
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

That settles that. Sali did not know who Monica was. She did know about Monica being one of the extend Aunties that Pickle inducted into the family. But she had never met her, never seen her, or been told who else Monica was. From Sali's expression it hasn't sunk in yet but it will. Does she say What? or Are you kidding me? tomorrow? Another choice is double take and jaw hits the floor. Everyone who thought Sali did not know gets a cookie. I think we need to get Phix to make more cookies.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

:lol: I think Castela owes the pun jar.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

shadowinthelight wrote::lol: I think Castela owes the pun jar.
Given her structure, that may not actually be a pun.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

So, is Pickle gonna learn to do a full human morph ... or is there a special school for paranormals?

And if so, are there more than one, in more than one cities - or is there just one and Miss Frizzle picks up kids all over the country/world every day?
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Wapsi wrote:
Jerry Lewis wrote:I'm a leetle bit confused at the wording of the last panel... "Atsali was worried about you"? Who is she addressing if not Atsali herself?
Hit F5 =)
Not to pick another nit - though i am - but shouldn't it be "socially awkward"?

============

Always happens - give somebody grief about an error and a typo slips right past and you don't see it till after you hit "Submit"
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

i agree with Zachariah in that Atsali did NOT "know" who the Jaguar Girl was anymore than most people wouldn't "know" who the SECOND in command is from any country NOT their own unless it impacts them in their daily lives to need to have to know it... same thing here, Atsali "knows" there is somebody that goes by the title "Jaguar Girl" but she doesn't really know or care exactly WHO that person IS because it doesn't affect HER as a long-term orphan that was just recently adopted, but can you imagine the panic that would set in for some ordinary joe-schmoe--bum-on-the-street being told that "oh yeah, we want you to tell the President of the United States of America your views on how to promote Whirled Peas, oh yeah, he's on his way over right NOW..." that's exactly what's going on here... she has this stereotyped mindset that she's a nobody/scum of the earth and is being told that she needs to talk to this megastar of a Jaguar Girl in order to help her thru the angsty portions of puberty... yeah right... that went as well as i expected it to go over...

and while i was proof reading this, i got ninja'd by Fairportfan over the "socially awkward" bit...

but that's OK... I ALWAYS expect Ninja's...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Dave

Post by Dave »

AmriloJim wrote:
shadowinthelight wrote: :lol: I think Castela owes the pun jar.
Given her structure, that may not actually be a pun.
But, how can it be "kin-dirt garden"? Castela said that she's the only one of her kind - the only "whatsit". Alas, she has no "kin" to share the dirt in her garden (although she now has one hell of a fine family!)

(but, since you feel that she owes the Pun Jar, I'll contribute on her behalf: a tablature for "No-no-no-kin On Heaven's Door")
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Is it me or does Atsali look like a younger version of Monica? Well, maybe if she let her hair grow longer.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

scantrontb wrote:i agree with Zachariah in that Atsali did NOT "know" who the Jaguar Girl was anymore than most people wouldn't "know" who the SECOND in command is from any country NOT their own unless it impacts them in their daily lives to need to have to know it... same thing here, Atsali "knows" there is somebody that goes by the title "Jaguar Girl" but she doesn't really know or care exactly WHO that person IS because it doesn't affect HER as a long-term orphan that was just recently adopted, but can you imagine the panic that would set in for some ordinary joe-schmoe--bum-on-the-street being told that "oh yeah, we want you to tell the President of the United States of America your views on how to promote Whirled Peas, oh yeah, he's on his way over right NOW..." that's exactly what's going on here... she has this stereotyped mindset that she's a nobody/scum of the earth and is being told that she needs to talk to this megastar of a Jaguar Girl in order to help her thru the angsty portions of puberty... yeah right... that went as well as i expected it to go over...

and while i was proof reading this, i got ninja'd by Fairportfan over the "socially awkward" bit...

but that's OK... I ALWAYS expect Ninja's...
You're Welcome 8-)
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
pinglederry

Post by pinglederry »

Huh; somebody seems to have taken a level in grown-up since three pages ago when we last saw her. Different shirt, fuller shinier lips, and is she taller? Is she relaxing her hold on her more-immature shape now that the puberty thing has been found out, or is it just a shift in how she's being drawn today?
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

TheDOCTOR wrote:Is it me or does Atsali look like a younger version of Monica? Well, maybe if she let her hair grow longer.
...and her legs and body (especially her legs) shorter...
=====================
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

pinglederry wrote:Huh; somebody seems to have taken a level in grown-up since three pages ago when we last saw her. Different shirt, fuller shinier lips, and is she taller? Is she relaxing her hold on her more-immature shape now that the puberty thing has been found out, or is it just a shift in how she's being drawn today?
I think her top is one of the three layers she was wearing over the binding.
=====================
=====================
mike weber
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Atsali seems to be maturing as we speak... did anyone else notice she doesn't have that early early teenish look anymore? The breast augmentation notwithstanding, Sali LOOKS older... No wonder she's so scared... knowing what she is and how others think of her kind and dealing with puberty at the same time. Now add the stress of finding out your aunt is the Jaguar Girl...
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Loxmyth, you can edit the thread title to add the missing date. It should be in YYYY-MM-DD format.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

You know what this intervention is missing?

Amanda!

Can't have a proper M-boob talk without Amanda's perspective, now can we?
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Sidhekin wrote:You know what this intervention is missing?

Amanda!

Can't have a proper M-boob talk without Amanda's perspective, now can we?
While Monica did introduce Amanda to the supernatural in her own life and the events surrounding the calendar, would Amanda be ready to deal with the supernatural world at large?