The Wrong Person 2013-11-25

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

The Wrong Person 2013-11-25

Post by AmriloJim »

Love Castela's exuberance!
Dave

Re: The Wrong Person 2013-11-25

Post by Dave »

That's all she wrote, folks. Monica no longer has a choice.

Castela set her persuaders on "cute".

Resistance is futile.
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Wow, First I guess. OK Monica look how that little one adores you. Now her Sister can use some of the stuff you spoke of to Georgette, just leave out the "R-Word" but the stuff about you being smart and all so Atsali doesn't look at herself as "another Pixie with a rack". I still think Kevin could help out here. Talk with Atsali as an 'Outsider' maybe she'll open up to him. Worth a shot.
EDIT: NUTS, I thought I made it in time. Ah well, I doff my hat to you, sir.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Like any 5 year old Pickle knows which buttons to push. After that bit there is no way Monica will be able to not talk to Sali. Now all that has to happen is Pickle to say to Monica, "Hey you've got soft squishy parts as well! Just like Mommy and Sali."
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

TheDOCTOR wrote:Wow, First I guess. OK Monica look how that little one adores you. Now her Sister can use some of the stuff you spoke of to Georgette, just leave out the "R-Word" but the stuff about you being smart and all so Atsali doesn't look at herself as "another Pixie with a rack". I still think Kevin could help out here. Talk with Atsali as an 'Outsider' maybe she'll open up to him. Worth a shot.
EDIT: NUTS, I thought I made it in time. Ah well, I doff my hat to you, sir.
Kevin, or any male, would be the last person that should talk to Sali right now. She's worried about her siren powers and sexuality and its impact on how other react to her. She would be afraid for a male to see her and she would expect them to validate her attitude. She would expect them to talk to the rack that is. Kevin is good but I doubt he has that much will power. Thought Monica and Sali in the same room now just might make him walk around stupefied and mumbling There's four of them.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
GuySmiley

Post by GuySmiley »

Dave wrote:That's all she wrote, folks. Monica no longer has a choice.

Resistance is futile.
So that's what the things in her eyes are called?!? :lol:
Last edited by GuySmiley on Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes."
-The Laughing Man; GITS:SAC (originally from Holden Caulfield; Catcher in the Rye)
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Paging Monica Villareal, paging Monica Villareal -- you have a message from Vinland waiting...
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

A certain eBay offering looks to be a spoiler of a solution: But how obvious is putting a young siren on a safe beach and letting her play?

I'm a little surprised at M's extreme lack of confidence; after the lecture from Phix and being there for Jet, bringing her A-game for Kath's kid seems like it would be natural and welcome, or at least very doable.

It may well just be that the issue of children is one M has been reluctant to address in her own life. After all, these secret genealogies and magic genetics can make a lady trepidatious about offspring.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
GuySmiley

Post by GuySmiley »

Yamara wrote:A certain eBay offering looks to be a spoiler of a solution: But how obvious is putting a young siren on a safe beach and letting her play?

I'm a little surprised at M's extreme lack of confidence; after the lecture from Phix and being there for Jet, bringing her A-game for Kath's kid seems like it would be natural and welcome, or at least very doable.

It may well just be that the issue of children is one M has been reluctant to address in her own life. After all, these secret genealogies and magic genetics can make a lady trepidatious about offspring.
I think she probably views it as guiding someone through a minefield. She'd be perfectly capable of giving good advice but things aren't likely to go perfectly on the first attempt and the potential end result (or middle result) still upsets her.
-The Laughing Man; GITS:SAC (originally from Holden Caulfield; Catcher in the Rye)
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

If Castela knows her as Aunt Monica, then it is likely that Astali also knows her, just not as The Jaguar Girl. So instead of meeting a rock star, Sali will just be talking with someone she already knows who is just a little more than she thought she was.
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

davids4250 wrote:If Castela knows her as Aunt Monica, then it is likely that Astali also knows her, just not as The Jaguar Girl. So instead of meeting a rock star, Sali will just be talking with someone she already knows who is just a little more than she thought she was.
Good point. Kathy does not know Monica is the Jaguar girl, or I think we can assume she doesn't. Sali at least has no idea that they are talking about Monica. So I expect Sali's jaw to hit the floor when she realizes that Monica is the Jaguar girl. In fact it would go better if Monica just didn't admit who she was to start with. Just go in as a family friend with similar issues and talk to Sali. There will be time enough later to explain who she is later. It would probably make it much easier for Sali to talk to her too.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

zachariah wrote:Like any 5 year old Pickle knows which buttons to push. After that bit there is no way Monica will be able to not talk to Sali. Now all that has to happen is Pickle to say to Monica, "Hey you've got soft squishy parts as well! Just like Mommy and Sali."
Oh yeah... Castela definitely knows... she hit the 'pickle switch' and "pickled" off the cute bomb... Monica didn't know what hit her. Monica, dig back into your past conversations about how you accept things about yourself that you can't change. Adapt that to the siren physiology and work it. If you handled the Tar, Sali's problem should be a piece of cake.

*drops a jar of Vlassic gherkins in the pun jar... just in time for Thanksgiving!* Oh... and Happy Birthday to me... =)
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

zachariah wrote: Just go in as a family friend with similar issues and talk to Sali. There will be time enough later to explain who she is later. It would probably make it much easier for Sali to talk to her too.
That should work. But in this case she has an Ace up her sleeve. She is not a family friend, she is family (It does make a difference in cases like this)
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
GuySmiley

Post by GuySmiley »

One last observation before bed: Has anyone asked Katherine how she'd like to handle the situation? :?:

This has been bugging me a bit since Bud brought Monica into it. I suspect Kath would likely agree with the idea of getting Monica involved but I would think she'd want to be a part of the conversation as well. It wouldn't surprise me if that ended up being the solution to everyone's fears here. Have a sit down talk, preferably in a quieter setting then a mall, with the three of them.
jayessell

Post by jayessell »

Um... Yeah, Kevin should go look at the TVs and Video Games for a while.
Or maybe there are some male supernaturals hanging out somewhere while their
girls are trying on clothes.
The food court?
The mall is probably 2/3rds closed.
I don't see that many shopkeepers being in on the secret clientele.

Otherwise he might say something unhelpful like...
"She looks like an angel." or something.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

DilyV wrote:
zachariah wrote:Like any 5 year old Pickle knows which buttons to push. After that bit there is no way Monica will be able to not talk to Sali. Now all that has to happen is Pickle to say to Monica, "Hey you've got soft squishy parts as well! Just like Mommy and Sali."
Oh yeah... Castela definitely knows... she hit the 'pickle switch' and "pickled" off the cute bomb... Monica didn't know what hit her. Monica, dig back into your past conversations about how you accept things about yourself that you can't change. Adapt that to the siren physiology and work it. If you handled the Tar, Sali's problem should be a piece of cake.

*drops a jar of Vlassic gherkins in the pun jar... just in time for Thanksgiving!* Oh... and Happy Birthday to me... =)
Happy Day DilyV! 8-)
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

Resistance is futile.
Hulk SMASH!

Pickle GLOMP!
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

Grantwhy wrote:

Resistance is futile.
Hulk SMASH!

Pickle GLOMP!
nah.. Pickle is like Ivy that covers the walls of buildings: i don't know what the little tendrils things that do the gripping to the brick wall parts are properly called, but i do know that once they latch on, they NEVER let go... there's NO WAY Monica is going to get out of "The Talk" now...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Half-human, one-quarter thornbush, the rest Kudzu?
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

GuySmiley wrote:I think she probably views it as guiding someone through a minefield. She'd be perfectly capable of giving good advice but things aren't likely to go perfectly on the first attempt and the potential end result (or middle result) still upsets her.
If you end up walking twice through a minefield ...

... the first time must have been pretty successful, no? 8-)

Monica fears being burdened with responsibility, and is trying to avoid it. It's not a surprise, really; while we all do it on occasion (if the occasion even arises), it's quite a habit of hers: Museum exhibits, "but I don't wanna not grow old!", "dammit, Jin! I'm an anthropologist!", "a closed doorway now [...] and I want to keep it that way" ...

Sure, it's been a while now, but then, we have spent some time on Kath and the new characters. I don't think this is a regression of Monica's. It's just that we haven't seen her in one of these situations for a while. And no, Jet doesn't count: M was dumped in that situation. She's always been tough when avoiding responsibility is not an option. 8-)
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!