Called Me Psycho 2013-11-22

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Opus the Poet

Called Me Psycho 2013-11-22

Post by Opus the Poet »

Yay Kevin! And M's non-angry poiting skills still seem to leave something to be desired.

ETA: Aww at the broken heart bubbles around Nudge and Tsilla.
Last edited by Opus the Poet on Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Mark N

Re: Called Me Psycho 2013-11-22

Post by Mark N »

Ok, now the world is in balance. At least Nudge and Tsillah were in the same space as most of us roomies.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Mark N wrote:At least Nudge and Tsillah were in the same space as most of us roomies.
Yup, Pablo is totally poking fun at us nerds. :geek: :lol:
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Dave

Post by Dave »

shadowinthelight wrote:Yup, Pablo is totally poking fun at us nerds. :geek: :lol:
Yup. He had his good fun (and good for him!) :D

It's also nice to see that Kevin is (1) definitely still around and involved, and (2) apparently comfortable in the presence of some very-non-human-looking paranormals. It seems that his unflappable streak hasn't been dropped on the floor and broken, since we saw him last.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Wow, whoever called it that Kevin would show up with hands full of shopping bags was spot on!

And the first panel done in Shelly-vision FTW!
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

I saw the wiggle room in the dialogue, but couldn't resist the siren song of heartbreak angst! NERD --Wouldn't mind hearing from Kev himself on how he's coping with his lady getting more fierce and powerful: Not every man is an Owen, and we have plumbed his minor fears of Monica's rage in the past.

And just to keep things a bit dark... Magellan himself didn't survive the trip: M still has Eos' problem lurking in the background.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

As I mentioned on Facebook: DANGIT PAUL, don't scare us like that!! ;)
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

She must be poiting from store to store. Can't be the initial arrival poit since his hands are loaded with shopping bags. She needs to poit the bags home and make things easier on all concerned. But then Kevin wouldn't get to experience the traditional role of pack mule. Might as well get used to it I guess.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Nice recovery, but strange she should flash on a lost boyfriend of the past.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

KnightDelight wrote:But then Kevin wouldn't get to experience the traditional role of pack mule.
"Purse Donkey" according to Ed Appleby.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
ChattaStarhawk

Post by ChattaStarhawk »

Kev must have caught a break in the timing of the misplaced poit (one of those rare times when the Ladies' room is empty); otherwise there would have been more noise in the background.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Atomic wrote:Nice recovery, but strange she should flash on a lost boyfriend of the past.
I dunno - that was just about the same stage of her life as Atsali is at now, and it was a revelation of her non-normalness that did it, which is not that far from what Atsali fears.

And, despite her adjustment over the years, that period of her life still weighs on Monica.

So, yeah, presented with an angsty teen with weirdness issues who's afraid of ostracism because of it, i can see it.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

ChattaStarhawk wrote:Kev must have caught a break in the timing of the misplaced poit (one of those rare times when the Ladies' room is empty); otherwise there would have been more noise in the background.
Oh, i dunno - these are paranormals. If the strangest thing that happens today to/around them is a male suddenly appearing in the ladies' room, they likely count it a pretty uneventful day.

Now, if he appeared inside an occupied stall...
=====================
=====================
mike weber
jayessell

Post by jayessell »

Had they driven to the mall he could have put the bags in the car while she was shopping.
Instaneous teleportation is so inconvient!
Drakkenmensch

Post by Drakkenmensch »

Yay for plot misdirection coming to a happy conclusion!
Wildcat

Post by Wildcat »

Had *me* worried too. Kevin is awesome! :D

Wildcat
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

You know Monica doesn't really need restrooms any more if she chooses. So she didn't pay attention to the space Kevin ended up. Just as long as it was empty space.

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/fresh-as-a-daisy/
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Egwenna

Post by Egwenna »

Dave wrote:
shadowinthelight wrote:Yup, Pablo is totally poking fun at us nerds. :geek: :lol:
Yup. He had his good fun (and good for him!) :D

It's also nice to see that Kevin is (1) definitely still around and involved, and (2) apparently comfortable in the presence of some very-non-human-looking paranormals. It seems that his unflappable streak hasn't been dropped on the floor and broken, since we saw him last.
This. Totally! :D

I always read, but rarely post, but this... sheesh... This had me going. I was so hoping it was a flashback to an earlier relationship gone wrong because ... screw a prince, we all need a Kevin! So nice to have him back 'on camera'.

And kudos to whomever it was that called for the beloved boyfriend to be toting shopping bags in the next scene.
eee

Post by eee »

TROLLED! But all's well that ends well! :lol:

Monica is selling herself short, as usual. If she can overcome all the problems she's had AND achieve her current level of stability and happiness AND become a demi-god AND have a smoking hot, loving boyfriend, I'm pretty sure she could give some good advice to Atsali.

(She was a self-mutilator, too? Wow. The Demon world and Maya should be glad M doesn't hold grudges. Given how much they messed her up and how much pain they caused her, if she believed in payback some of them would be in trouble.)
ChattaStarhawk wrote:Kev must have caught a break in the timing of the misplaced poit (one of those rare times when the Ladies' room is empty); otherwise there would have been more noise in the background.
The mall is restricted to paranormals right now. The restrooms may not be as crowded as normal. Of course, poiting in on the WRONG paranormal might get someone blown through a wall...
txmystic

Post by txmystic »

Awesome head fake Paul!

And kudos to those who correctly ascertained that she was talking about being 16, not recent history. I was totally on the fence in the confusion corner with my vat of queso. It's gone, BTW :-(

Heh heh...Magellan...nice sweater, Kev!