Nothing More Than That 2013-11-21

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Mark N

Nothing More Than That 2013-11-21

Post by Mark N »

Wow. she lost Kevin. That I did not see coming, maybe that is what some of the Georgette storyline is going.
As far as Atsali, the idea that Sirens are considered bottom feeders (same basic thing as sexual predators) explains a lot of why she does not want others to know what she is.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
shadowinthelight

Re: Nothing More Than That 2013-11-21

Post by shadowinthelight »

NInjad by a few seconds. Yeah, the losing Kevin bit took the comedy out of the contrasting points of view. :(
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

Not only did she lose him, his departure didn't even get any screen time!
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
txmystic

Post by txmystic »

Yeah, my first reaction as well. WTF happened with Kevin?
Dave

Post by Dave »

:shock:
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

I think Kevin has pissed a few forumites off.... :evil:

He has abandoned a heroine.
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
BrickJAK

Post by BrickJAK »

I'm actually surprised that Monica hasn't met Big Bird and Lil Sprout yet.
Yes, I am indeed licking a bottle of English mead.
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Wow. Assuming she's not talking about a boyfriend she had when she was Atsali's age, that's a sobering twist. Alan was the reliable one after all.

And where would Kevin be able to run to, as he once joked?

The paranormal world's enemies? The parallels with Jin's life just keep piling up...
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Radio365

Post by Radio365 »

Well it appears that I wasn't the only one surprised by the loss of Kevin. Think you might should have told us that at some point here recently?

Oh well. Now you get to draw the secksy lesbian action right?
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Dave wrote::shock:
:o :shock:

{Takai}Oh! My!{/Takai}
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/no-mean-kids/

This is the last appearance by Kevin. Somehow this does not look like a guy about to run away because Monica is dangerous. So either something happened we never knew about, or this is not a reference to Kevin. She could have scared other boyfriends away previous to Kevin. Our she could have chased Levin away because she felt that way. Either way this is a big kink in the story. Monica would have been quiet hurt by that breakup and we saw nothing anywhere about it. It just seemed like Kevin was on another long assignment.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Wapsi
Site Admin

Post by Wapsi »

Radio365 wrote:Well it appears that I wasn't the only one surprised by the loss of Kevin. Think you might should have told us that at some point here recently?

Oh well. Now you get to draw the secksy lesbian action right?
What lesbian action? Monica isn't a lesbian. Period.
txmystic

Post by txmystic »

zachariah wrote:http://wapsisquare.com/comic/no-mean-kids/

This is the last appearance by Kevin. Somehow this does not look like a guy about to run away because Monica is dangerous. So either something happened we never knew about, or this is not a reference to Kevin. She could have scared other boyfriends away previous to Kevin. Our she could have chased Levin away because she felt that way. Either way this is a big kink in the story. Monica would have been quiet hurt by that breakup and we saw nothing anywhere about it. It just seemed like Kevin was on another long assignment.
Was that the last time? This was just after she dropped almost one large on her sports bra…

…anyhow, maybe a sad story in flashback form is forthcoming...
Last edited by txmystic on Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Interesting similarities between both of them about their doubts in talking to each other. It's funny how neither one feels important enough to do it.

I can understand about Siren's being considered sexual predators but it is likely mostly to be bad press. From the words it looks like Sali's parents were married and that is not a normal pattern for a female sexual predator. It is more likely the Sirens were party girls and other women resented the ease they attracted men. This would make them looked down on and despised by most other women. Such a rep would spread quickly and be hard to counter act. Even Monica has gotten some of that attitude from other women as well.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Wait... what? The last I remember, they sat down in Tina's shop Baristro (cool mash up for Tina's place, eh?) and Monica spilled the whole deal to him and he was okay with it. What the heck did we miss that drove him away? How did Monica react? Worst of all, WE DIDN'T GET TO SEE SHELLY POUND THE HELL OUT OF HIM FOR HURTING MONICA!!! Wait... Shelly didn't EAT him did she? :shock:

I can totally see both sides of the story in today's strip... Atsali is afraid to talk about what she's becoming with anyone. Monica barely has the reins of her own life, and she's being asked to try and rein in someone else. I'm curious though... Didn't she tell Amanda that she was okay with who she was where her body was concerned? The strip was the one where Amanda told her maybe her boobs wouldn't be so big if she'd quit watering them... and then Monica spritzed Amanda and claimed the water must be broken. At least it appeared that she'd came to grips with it. It appears we've missed a bunch here somewhere...
Last edited by DilyV on Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

txmystic wrote:
zachariah wrote:http://wapsisquare.com/comic/no-mean-kids/

Was that the last time? This was just after she dropped almost one large on her sports bra…

…anyhow, maybe a sad story in flashback form is forthcoming...
Yes it's the last. I checked. After this tennis match it goes into Shelly training, Monica learning she is dangerous, exploding islands, and Kathy's adventure. It's been a busy year for the girls since this strip. Maybe too little time for Kevin.

Hey Paul what did happen to Kevin if indeed he is gone?
Akeche

Post by Akeche »

Yeah this is more than a little confusing, we've not heard hide nor hair of Kevin since.. *checks date* June of LAST year! I mean he's been gone for extended periods of time but this just doesn't make any sense. Was there an arc that was put aside and never done?

I liked Kevin :(

Just realized too, we've not heard from Justin in a while but we also haven't even been focused on Shelly so that may be why.
Last edited by Akeche on Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Oh and might I add, poor M! We don't know enough yet if Jet is supposed to be a real rebound, but if Kevin dumped her and booked, that would have been awful to cope with on top of everything else.

Addendum: Wrote that and was greeted with a post review of the WOG. Ancient metamorphs weren't always cisgendered; nothing I've read in-story precludes M from being bi. Polyamorous, no, that would be a fundamental change. But in story, don't be surprised if many wonder if another secret of M is being bi.

But of course, only the director call call "action". :mrgreen:
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Yamara wrote:Oh and might I add, poor M! We don't know enough yet if Jet is supposed to be a real rebound, but if Kevin dumped her and booked, that would have been awful to cope with on top of everything else.

Addendum: Wrote that and was greeted with a post review of the WOG. Ancient metamorphs weren't always cisgendered; nothing I've read in-story precludes M from being bi. Polyamorous, no, that would be a fundamental change. But in story, don't be surprised if many wonder if another secret of M is being bi.

But of course, only the director call call "action". :mrgreen:
Jet is not a rebound she is just a friend who M helped through a big problem. Assuming anything more is really a reach. While nothing really preclude M being bi there is nothing to indicate she is, or is inclined to be. To confirm it Jet was the agressive one and it was the TAR that attacked M. Monica has cuddled several times with her girlfriends and it is only friendship nothing more.

Besides Paul ruled that aspect out by how strongly he rejected Monica as a lesbian.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

I am thinking that Kevin being gone may not be permanent or if it is may not be a sign that Kevin is a cad or some such bastard. He may just want to wait for Monica to learn to control herself (Remember, she IS DANGEROUS after all). We know she has become arrogant about her powers when she challenged Shelly to a race across town in full view of the public. We also know the her transition to Jaguar/Phoenix Girl has caused her to have certain more violent tendencies come to surface.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.