Someone You Need To Meet 2013-11-20

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
TheOtherOne

Re: Someone You Need To Meet 2013-11-20

Post by TheOtherOne »

Yamara wrote:
TheOtherOne wrote:I guess it's big time suspense of disbelief again. I mean, there is no way she could have bound those breasts that flat, but we're to believe she did.
But you're cool with the Chimeric golem advising the metamorph siren she needs brassiere and posture advice from the immortal Sun Jaguar, right? Wouldn't want the free content to stray too far out of your comfort zone.
What Atsali proposed as a fix was entirely in the area of real world solutions. Nothing paranormal at all. All the characters you mention are paranormal/magic in their makeup. There is a vast difference. Even though Atsali is a paranormal, there is no indication that her breasts are anything but normal breasts of the usual breast material and density. No paranormal method of reduction was suggested. There is a world of difference between what you mention and what Atsali seems to have done to get her chest that flat. As someone suggested she may have gotten her boobs down to an a-cup when she calmed down and was, therefore, able to bind them flat, but I am saying what I say based on her still having the huge breast size we last saw. There is no real world way to have done that to the degree of flatness shown.

According to your view anything goes just because there are paranormals in the story, no matter how unrealistic in the real world. Fine, but then the distinction between the real and the paranormal goes away and this series becomes just another Loony Toon type cartoon where only cartoon physics apply. So why not bring out the huge hammers and ability to pull anything out of thin air as well?
BrickJAK

Post by BrickJAK »

Julie wrote: As someone who has used Ace Bandages for that kind of wrapping, I'd say you hit the nail on the head...though even if the breasts are soft enough to get them down to an A, I still feel like that extra tissue has to go somewhere. on me, it went up towards my neck and down towards my navel...so while "flatter" I had platter-sized "flat" breasts...which looks and feels awful and ridiculous. :P If you know anyone who had more success with wrapping, I may be jealous...these girls don't make shopping easy. :)
Hence the multi layering to mask the "pancaking".

Had a friend who was quite busty but identified as a boi. She'd do the binding on a daily basis. It was like a Breastaggedon when she'd unbind.
Yes, I am indeed licking a bottle of English mead.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

I think Tai from QC referred to another lesbian friend with the same issue calling it a "boobsplosion."

EDIT: Comic in question
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

BrickJAK wrote:Breastaggedon
I must say that if that is how the world is destined to end I won't be fighting it. :lol:
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

jwhouk wrote:I think Tai from QC referred to another lesbian friend with the same issue calling it a "boobsplosion."

EDIT: Comic in question
Well, at least we're not talking Ballchinnians here.... :D :D :D
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Julie

Post by Julie »

BrickJAK wrote:
Julie wrote: As someone who has used Ace Bandages for that kind of wrapping, I'd say you hit the nail on the head...though even if the breasts are soft enough to get them down to an A, I still feel like that extra tissue has to go somewhere. on me, it went up towards my neck and down towards my navel...so while "flatter" I had platter-sized "flat" breasts...which looks and feels awful and ridiculous. :P If you know anyone who had more success with wrapping, I may be jealous...these girls don't make shopping easy. :)
Hence the multi layering to mask the "pancaking".

Had a friend who was quite busty but identified as a boi. She'd do the binding on a daily basis. It was like a Breastaggedon when she'd unbind.
"Breastaggedon" is my favorite word of the day! :) Thank you for that!

(And I never was fond of layering clothing...I'm a walking furnace, so extra layers on top of binding sounds like mummification with all of the heat but without being dead...not so fun. :P)
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

My favorite FTM sticks his Ds under his arms instead of just squishing them flat. It makes his chest look "more manly" like mine. Of course what he doesn't know is I have a depressed sternum, and my pecs are halfway to where most people keep their lats and my lats, well... I have a rather strong "taper" from the shoulder girdle to the pelvis. And yes I know I'm a freak of nature already
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Well, Atsali won't get an 8-Ball T-shirt like Monica's - hers says "FRANKIE SAYS RELAX"
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

NOTDilbert wrote:Well, Atsali won't get an 8-Ball T-shirt like Monica's - hers says "FRANKIE SAYS RELAX"
Anyone else want her to get another t-shirt that says "PICKLES SAYS RELAX"

:)
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Ummm ... nitpick ... the original shirts said "FRANKIE SAY RELAX", referencing the members of the band, not a single person...

==========

And then there's this:
frankie-says-relax.jpg
frankie-says-relax.jpg (31.2 KiB) Viewed 7856 times
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Don't do it.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Leak

Post by Leak »

When you want to go to it...

(methinks the other lyrics aren't SFW enough...)
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Grantwhy wrote:
NOTDilbert wrote:Well, Atsali won't get an 8-Ball T-shirt like Monica's - hers says "FRANKIE SAYS RELAX"
Anyone else want her to get another t-shirt that says "PICKLES SAYS RELAX"

:)
YES :D
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

And, Monica may haul her down to Lydia's for her first introductory appointment. Kath may not be able to afford an entire ensemble from the mysterious Russian, but I bet it's in Atsali's paranormal health care 'medically necessary' provisions - or in the MIB budget, at least....

*edit* She IS Russian, right?
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

NOTDilbert wrote:She IS Russian, right?
I dimly recall Paul confirming Lydia as Russian (or Ukrainian?) somewhere around when Mon took Tina to meet her, but the comments are long gone & these comics predate the forum.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Fairportfan wrote:Ummm ... nitpick ... the original shirts said "FRANKIE SAY RELAX", referencing the members of the band, not a single person...
And now I have learned what those shirts that I have seen a few times are about. To think that some people claim that comics can't be educational!
NOTDilbert wrote:*edit* She IS Russian, right?
She speaks some Russian, at least, calling the Jaguar Girl "kitten" (interesting in retrospect, that detail). That leaves open the question of if she is a former Russian citizen, an ethnic Russian, a Russian speaker, all of the above, some of the above, none of the above, or what.
loxmyth

Post by loxmyth »

And if Lydia is Russian, does that make her products Russian Dressing? Or Russian Undressing?

(Fools Russian where wise men fear to tread... I'm Russian toward a bruisin', ain't I?)
Forklifter

Post by Forklifter »

Was it mentioned before and I somehow missed it, or am I the only one who noticed that Kevin just got put on the bus in a throwaway line of Monica's? :(
Dave

Post by Dave »

Forklifter wrote:Was it mentioned before and I somehow missed it, or am I the only one who noticed that Kevin just got put on the bus in a throwaway line of Monica's? :(
If you mean the "lost my boyfriend" line... there's been a whole massive rally of discussion about it in the 2013-11-21 thread. And, based on one of Paul's comments there, all is not as if it may seem at first.