Turning Blue 2013-11-19

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
BrickJAK

Re: Turning Blue 2013-11-19

Post by BrickJAK »

The whole binding situation and trying to fit into clothes she's "outgrown" reminds me of one of my (completely platonic) roomies who was an extremely late bloomer. Until the age of 22, she could cosplay as Ed from Cowboy Bebop. Going on the Depo birth control shot caused her to ... balloon almost as fast as our lil siren friend. She went from not even needing a trainer bra to a large B bordering on a C in less than a season.

Well, Later that summer, I took her to her first convention ... DragonCon. Yeah, I figured throwing her into the deep end was the best way to get her ready for the convention circuit. :-)

Voltaire is one of her favorite acts. So she was bopping around at his concert then rushed off back to the hotel room in a panic when I was going to introduce her to him. Seems she cracked open one of my bottles of rum and proceeded to get herself blotto from embarressment while I proceeded to do the rest of the typical late night DragonCon debauchery.

Now see, she had been trying to deny the fact that she'd developed curves so late. Thus she had forced herself into a TIGHT top that had a built in A-cup bra. Being drunk, she forgot how to get the top off.

I ran into Voltaire again later that night while he was chatting with the guy who draws Overcast with a Chance of Doom. (- Well, back then he was drawing Writhe and Shine. -) Anyway, while we were chatting, my phone rang and my lil drunken roomie tried to explain her situation.

Being the loving roomie that I am, I hit the speaker button and asked her to repeat herself.

"GODDAMMIT JAK!!! Get up here and take my clothes off!"

I hung up the phone; looked at the lads and shrugged.

" Well, a man has to do what a man has to do. I live such a hard life. "

Fast forward to the end of the con. We run into Voltaire on the way out. I drag her up and introduce her to him. She's hemming and hawing. Complete fangirl implosion in process. Meanwhile I'm standing behind her miming the phone call and pointing to her.

Without skipping a beat, V puts on that leer of his and leans down to her.

"Sweety, the next time you need help getting out of your clothes; call me first."

For the next couple of years, his nickname for her was "Wardrobe Malfunction".
Yes, I am indeed licking a bottle of English mead.
jamesH

Post by jamesH »

I think she managed to shape shift to a smaller size
and was using the bindings to help her hold it in
but with pickles teasing she lost her concentration.
And suddenly instead of wearing shirts a little tight
she was wearing something about five times to small,
And oxygen became a serious concern.

And by the by the original inspiration for foghorn leghorn
Was a senior southern senator who was famous for his Southern
accent, and his bombastic manner in speeches and press conferences
the 'that's a joke son' and 'pay attention boy' were pretty much
direct quotes
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Actually, Senator Claghorn was a fictitious character on Fred Allen's radio program. I linked a sample routine a day or so ago.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

zachariah wrote:. . . We could ask Monica, after all she is part pixie.
Apparently half pixie, half rack? :lol: :lol:
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

I thought she was both? ("the pixie with the rack" was the term Connie used for her, I believe)
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

jwhouk wrote:I thought she was both? ("the pixie with the rack" was the term Connie used for her, I believe)
:cry:
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

jwhouk wrote:I thought she was both? ("the pixie with the rack" was the term Connie used for her, I believe)
Methinks half pixie was in reference to her diminutive stature, her other half being said rack. :)
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

Dave wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:The original.
Wow. :o

To have reached the age of 58, without ever having known that Foghorn Leghorn was actually a riff on an earlier radio-show character. Some aspects of my historicamal edumication were clearly neglected.

Thanks, FF! I've learned something today!
Just think how many out there have probably never even heard of Foghorn Leghorn. And have never seen classic Looney Toons, or any other of the glorious 'toons in their non-PC glory that used to play every Saturday morning. Sigh.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Hansontoons wrote:
Dave wrote:

To have reached the age of 58, without ever having known that Foghorn Leghorn was actually a riff on an earlier radio-show character. Some aspects of my historicamal edumication were clearly neglected.

Just think how many out there have probably never even heard of Foghorn Leghorn. And have never seen classic Looney Toons, or any other of the glorious 'toons in their non-PC glory that used to play every Saturday morning. Sigh.
UNEDITED Classics - remember a few years back they tried to edit out some of the violence and "political incorrectness"?
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Hansontoons wrote:
Dave wrote:

Well, i'm 65, and the only reason i know about it is because my mother told me about it when i was eight or nine and one of the Foghorn Leghorn cartoons was on TV
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

NOTDilbert wrote:UNEDITED Classics - remember a few years back they tried to edit out some of the violence and "political incorrectness"?
yeah, you can't even FIND any DVD's of *all* the cartoons either, so even the ones that are out there are either not a complete listing, or are edited versions thereof... that sucks really...
Last edited by scantrontb on Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Leak

Post by Leak »

Well, I've got all classic Tom & Jerry cartoons on DVD for christmas, and it also got some cuts - but those are probably in the US source material they got for the German release since as far as I know all those cuts were for political correctness due to instances of (accidental or deliberate) blackface... :/

Oh well...