All at once 2013-11-18

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
zachariah

All at once 2013-11-18

Post by zachariah »

So many of us were right. Body image issues and all the rest.

She must have found some way to change her appearance before the mall. This also explains the distaste she felt for the Ursa twins. Probably thought they might be poking fun at her.

Trying to hide who you are is not a good idea but understandable. Sali is a bit young to have learned that yet. I wonder how Kathy is going to handle this one. I bet the next few days are about what they did during this talk.
Last edited by zachariah on Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Opus the Poet

Re: All at once 2013-11-18

Post by Opus the Poet »

Puberty hits sirens hard.

ETA ninja'd by seconds, damn my fat fingers and tiny keyboard.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Opus the Poet wrote:Puberty hits sirens hard.

ETA ninja'd by seconds, damn my fat fingers and tiny keyboard.
That has happened a lot to me too. So now I get the first line in fast and then expand after it posts clean as the first one. lol.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Cyberpawz

Post by Cyberpawz »

Looks like I called it, sounds to me that the bandages worked, at least for now.
jayessell

Post by jayessell »

This is a mini-flashback from just before we meet the bear girls?
If so, the wrapping really works!
(I wouldn't think squeezing her chest That much would allow her to breathe!)
((And what about her wings? How could she squeeze the front and not the back?))

What?
She knows that her Siren form has been redefined without actually morphing?
Maybe if she calmed down a little she could get her cup size towards the front
of the alphabet.
Last edited by jayessell on Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

NOW we have a situation for which Monica is the perfect adviser and consultant. She's without doubt the person most abreast of the situation.

(I have a Peerless Vacuum Enhancer I could contribute to the pun jar if it's required.)
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Look at the expression on poor Kath's face!!!!

Taking the adventure of your life: A few days of your time.

Accepting two paranormal kids as your daughters: a few years.

Realizing suddenly that you are in WAAAAAAAAY over your head: Priceless!

For life's little troubles, there's the MiB. For everything else? There's Wapsi Card!!!

*drops last month's Visa Bill in the pun jar*
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Heh. Today's episode of The Devil's Panties might be marginally relevant here...
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Maybe a quick call to tanta Phix, and they were able to secure the loan of a mighty morphin' power bra....or not.....
Amulet with illusion spell?
Or maybe Monica put them in touch with Lydia for a 'magical' bra....
All kinda far-fetched, since 'it' had to happen between breakfast and time to leave for the mall - oh, well, all will be revealed in good time....
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

jayessell wrote:This is a mini-flashback from just before we meet the bear girls?
If so, the wrapping really works!
(I wouldn't think squeezing her chest That much would allow her to breathe!)
It won't work for long. That much compression will cause her to pass out. It is usually fairly obvious when that is done as well especially if a lot of wrapping is needed, unless she wears very loose clothes.
GuySmiley

Post by GuySmiley »

OK, colour me confused?

This is all apparently happening the night before the shopping trip but:

1) Atsali looks flat as a board during the shopping trip and is wearing a fairly low cut shirt to boot. I don't see how wrapping herself up (without breaking any ribs/lungs in the process) could accomplish that look based on what she said today. Unless her comment about not being able to make herself look small again is just a panicked reaction and she can actually pull it off.

2) When Castella brought this up right before the flashback she said 'I only saw Atsali in her other form one night when she was sleeping...' which isn't the kind of thing you'd think she'd say about something that happened in the previous night.
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes."
-The Laughing Man; GITS:SAC (originally from Holden Caulfield; Catcher in the Rye)
TlalocW

Post by TlalocW »

Seems to be a common problem amongst certain members of the supernatural...

This and the one after it
http://www.eeriecuties.com/strips-ec/i_ ... h_who_i_am

TlalocW
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

I was thinking about Chloe, myself.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
JSStryker

Post by JSStryker »

Ahh Castela, kids say the darnedest thing!
Vive la weird!
Skruddgemire

Post by Skruddgemire »

GuySmiley wrote:1) Atsali looks flat as a board during the shopping trip and is wearing a fairly low cut shirt to boot. I don't see how wrapping herself up (without breaking any ribs/lungs in the process) could accomplish that look based on what she said today. Unless her comment about not being able to make herself look small again is just a panicked reaction and she can actually pull it off.
It could be that she has an "All or Nothing" sort of thing going on there. That her being unable to make herself look small again is a product of the concern with not being able to explain how she went from "flat as a board" to "competing with M" in the course of a single weekend. She may not be able to gradually expand herself in a normal rate...like the Ursamorphs are able to do.

Hence the grump.

And frankly there is nothing she could do or say that would explain that. Even if she were to let others inspect the goods to prove that they're not padded...there's no way that she can go from zero to Gazonga in that short span of time. Even surgery can't explain that since it takes longer than that to heal up.

This is a very real problem that she has and MIB is going to have to step in somehow and try to help her. Unless she is going to a MIB controlled school already and is just freaking out.
2) When Castella brought this up right before the flashback she said 'I only saw Atsali in her other form one night when she was sleeping...' which isn't the kind of thing you'd think she'd say about something that happened in the previous night.
When it comes to kids of that age...if it happened before breakfast the concept of time gets fuzzy. They know it happened in the past, but their minds aren't really registering the events with a timestamp. My kids would describe something that happened as recently as 12 hours prior as "Well...this one time I saw..." when they were roughly that age. It's not until they're a little older that they can start grasping the concept of mentally timestamping events with "last night" or "Yesterday morning".
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

From Sali's comment about Siren puberty she assumed that it hit her. She went from nothing to everything all at once. Her siren form is also her human form as well. Or at least that is what she has been told. She had hoped her father would provide her an escape from the problem too. I think she jumped to a wrong conclusion. I suspect that she will be finding out that her siren form is NOT her human form, hurrah for Dad's gene's kicking in. This is supported by the fact she has not bound her chest to reduce the packages and was wearing a tight shirt, the whole elvish look. lol. She also refereed to her Other forms so she probably has at least three. The bird form, the siren form, the human form. For all we know there could be more. So as long as she maintains control of her form she should be alright. This also explains her embarrassment about her other form. So let's wait and see what happens when she changes back from Siren form.
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

Clearly she did not simply bind her breasts to get back to the flat look. Whatever it was, however, it was discovered quickly. Someone got an early wake-up call. Does Phix actually have a phone? I guess they could call Monica and she could see Phix about it. Maybe there is a Siren Bra of Invisibility available for just such emergencies. It could be based on a quantum technique for stuffing excess cleavage into another dimension as needed. Or maybe they simply flatten when she calms down and stops thinking about boys in a naughty way. That may be why she didn't want to talk about it in front of the bearie-bears. That could lead to thinking about boys and another eruption of the twin peaks of Atsali. Either that or they discover siren boobs are held on by a form of biological velcro. Whatever, it should be interesting.
Last edited by KnightDelight on Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

zachariah wrote:From Sali's comment about Siren puberty she assumed that it hit her. She went from nothing to everything all at once. Her siren form is also her human form as well. Or at least that is what she has been told. She had hoped her father would provide her an escape from the problem too. I think she jumped to a wrong conclusion. I suspect that she will be finding out that her siren form is NOT her human form, hurrah for Dad's gene's kicking in. This is supported by the fact she has not bound her chest to reduce the packages and was wearing a tight shirt, the whole elvish look. lol. She also refereed to her Other forms so she probably has at least three. The bird form, the siren form, the human form. For all we know there could be more. So as long as she maintains control of her form she should be alright. This also explains her embarrassment about her other form. So let's wait and see what happens when she changes back from Siren form.
Jumped to the wrong conclusion? I'd say the conclusion jumped her!!! LOL

You don't know the fear and angst that Atsali is undoubtedly feeling unless you've lived it. In my freshman year of highschool I was a pirate's dream... a sunken chest so to speak. The kids called me "carpenter" behind my back... (flat as a board) and more than a few where I could hear but never to my face. Mosquito bites were bigger than my chest, so the joke went. I started to 'bloom' near the end of the school year and I did my best to hide it with wrapping and baggier clothing, by January of my sophomore year, I was sporting a solid C Cup (eventually a D before I graduated high school and went into the army... which had it's own set of problems). I thought things would be much better for me since I was no longer the butt of the chest jokes (or lack thereof). Boy was I wrong. I'd only swapped ends of the spectrum. Guys accused me of 'stuffing' and girls that didn't measure up were jealous as hell. I went from being Carpenter, to Boom-Boom, Juggs, Tits LaRue, and a host of other demeaning names because I had a chest. I totally get Atsali's fears... and the bear girls conversation couldn't have helped her any.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

I think Castela deserves her own comedy special. :lol:
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

I'll just agree with the general consensus: As informative as this episode is, it still raises further questions.

Also, I expect Atsali did, in fact, find a way of controlling her own expansion without resorting to surgical tape.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)