All at once 2013-11-18

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
jayessell

Re: All at once 2013-11-18

Post by jayessell »

I imagine there's a special school along the lines of Xavier's and Hogwarts.
There should be a class where the shapeshifter/glamor casters
have to practice holding their human form while balloons are popped and/or they are splashed with cold water.
(Witches are exempted from the 'cold water' test.)
txmystic

Post by txmystic »

Dr. Otter wrote:
KnightDelight wrote:Maybe there is a Siren Bra of Invisibility available for just such emergencies.
A "bra of holding"?
The invisible bra of invisibility??

I just took a second look at Kath in the last panel, blushing profusely...this might be the part of motherhood she hadn't thought too much a bout when she took them in...
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

txmystic wrote:
Dr. Otter wrote:
KnightDelight wrote:Maybe there is a Siren Bra of Invisibility available for just such emergencies.
A "bra of holding"?
Two things one of her aunts gave her that she doesn't know what they are.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Her balance must be off something horrible.
illiad

Post by illiad »

loxmyth wrote:It's not end of arc yet, not by long shot. Solutions will be found.

But, yeah, I think I see Atsali's problem in the mall. She *could* be one of the girls boasting about her cleavage, and the ursamorphs' reactions -- both mimicking that behavior and then admitting they were making fun of it -- illustrated her fears of getting excessive positive *or* negative attention for it.

I agree that a chat with Monica about how to handle folks who need the "my eyes are up here" reminder could be helpful.

On the other hand, I don't think she has to worry that people will think she's wearing a padded bra. A bra stuffed with socks, maybe...
well do a search on Nicki Minaj - she has a good way to prove she is not 'padded' (and still be 'decent' :) )!!!! :P :D
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Now I'm wondering what analogous situation Katherine might have to go through with Castela in another ten years. What perils await when puberty blooms in a whatsit? Will Pickle have to live down the stigma of excessively large petals, and learn how to display them with style and pride? Will she turn out to have too much in common with the Rafflesia flower, and raise a stink about it? Hopefully not the unexpected appearance of seed pods, unless perhaps a bee does get into the bedroom.
DilyV wrote:You don't know the fear and angst that Atsali is undoubtedly feeling unless you've lived it.
Not yet having ever been a girl (as far as I know, that is; that one week a few years back is still kinda hazy), it's not something that I have personal first-hand experience with. But I've known several girls for whom the sudden onset of feminine abundance was rather a trial. One past girlfriend was a dancer (ballet and modern), and was quite good at it. She went to fancy schools and everything, and performed for Important People. Then things started to grow, and it threw off her whole balance and motion. She also had a hard time fitting into those tight little outfits. She ended up dropping out of dance altogether.

Another girl was pretty much like you apparently were in school, with nothing really at all in the way of chest measurements. She also got the same teasing and comments. Then the hormones kicked in, and literally within just a few months she was a 32E. She still got comments, but they were very different ones. Plus she also got lots of stares and back problems. When I was dating her, she was still sort of in a combination of being simultaneously horrified and proud of her figure.
Dave wrote:
MerchManDan wrote:Also, I expect Atsali did, in fact, find a way of controlling her own expansion without resorting to surgical tape.
I do hope she didn't have to resort to using surgical tape. Putting it on is quick and easy. Removing it later... not so much. :cry:
Well, if enough of her still stuck to the tape after it had been pulled off, that could somewhat alleviate her problem. . .
zachariah wrote:She would need something a lot strong than surgical tape, more like duct tape, I go ouch just thinking about it. An very long elastic ace bandage would do much better but the constriction would interfere with breathing.
She could always borrow the outfit that Bud brought back from the U296.
NOTDilbert wrote:Whatever solution was found, it was good enough that she was in good spirits and looking forward to the trip again by morning - and no sign of June is bustin' out all over - (http://wapsisquare.com/comic/listen-good/).
I have to say, I love her expression in the top panel there. There's something about it that's just so. . .expressive.
Wdot

Post by Wdot »

I'm really liking this arc. It's good to get a look at these two kids. Just sorry about the brick wall o'puberty Atsali slammed *ahem* chest first into. Like the comic links some are very apropos.
Make the wrong things difficult, and the right things easy. Notice the smallest change and the slightest try and reward him.
----Ray Hunt
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

bmonk

Post by bmonk »

jayessell wrote:Now that it's been established that this change occurred before the shopping trip,
the smart thing to do would be to buy clothes for each of her forms.

I'm looking forward to seeing Da Bears as humans.
Of course, just having the clothing (at home) might not be enough if she cannot regain and retain control of her form. She would also need some sort of outfit-poiting ability for a quick change, or else a really big purse/backpack to carry several outfits with her.
txmystic wrote:
Dr. Otter wrote:...A "bra of holding"?

I just took a second look at Kath in the last panel, blushing profusely...this might be the part of motherhood she hadn't thought too much a bout when she took them in...
One of the moments in baptism I always find amusing is when I ask the parents and godparents, "You have asked to have your child baptized. In doing so you are accepting the responsibility of training him (her) in the practice of the faith. It will be your duty to bring him (her) up to keep God's commandments as Christ taught us, by loving God and our neighbor. Do you clearly understand what you are undertaking?" The funny part is that we never can be ready, never clearly understand where such a commitment will take us...