Just Stop Talking 2013-11-15

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Atomic

Just Stop Talking 2013-11-15

Post by Atomic »

Puberty Attacks! In more ways than one!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
shadowinthelight

Re: Just Stop Talking 2013-11-15

Post by shadowinthelight »

Don't you hate it when a piece of shrubbery just won't be quiet?
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

It's o-god in the morning and the kids are tearing up the place. Yeah, Katherine's a mother now.
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Why Kath, it's obvious there is NO explanation for what is going on - if you missed the setup, you'll never get the punch line....

*edit*
I guess this also proves that Kath is no longer a nudist.
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

I don't know what that last button was sewn on with but where can I get some? The tensile strength must be as good as spider silk, or better. I am surprised the cloth didn't give way instead, but this is PG after all.

Natural between sisters. Shut the younger one up before she spills the beans. Whatever Sali dreamed she doesn't want to talk about it, or have Kathy find out. Probably not comfortable enough with Kathy yet to talk about these things.

Nice Fan Service Paul.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

The last button is affixed with the rating, and cannot come off while the rating is intact. :lol:
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

NOTDilbert wrote:Why Kath, it's obvious there is NO explanation for what is going on - if you missed the setup, you'll never get the punch line....

*edit*
That is a valid observation about Kathy. As to getting the punch line there really isn't one. Just one embarrassed teen, a noisy kid sister, and Kathy wondering WTF? Obviously this kind of thing was not covered in the MIB parenting guide book. I expect a long talk between them is about to take place.

So is this a cliff hanger Friday? Pickle is definitely dangling off a cliff after all.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
JSStryker

Post by JSStryker »

I don't know what you think you are seeing Mom but it isn't what you think it is!
Vive la weird!
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Wyvern wrote:The last button is affixed with the rating, and cannot come off while the rating is intact. :lol:
Funny how the relationship is inversely proportional. The lower the rating, the higher the strength of that button.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

zachariah wrote:
NOTDilbert wrote:Why Kath, it's obvious there is NO explanation for what is going on - if you missed the setup, you'll never get the punch line....

*edit*
That is a valid observation about Kathy. As to getting the punch line there really isn't one. Just one embarrassed teen, a noisy kid sister, and Kathy wondering WTF? Obviously this kind of thing was not covered in the MIB parenting guide book. I expect a long talk between them is about to take place.

So is this a cliff hanger Friday? Pickle is definitely dangling off a cliff after all.
'Punch-line' is one of those meht-ee-fore things they talked about while some of us were asleep in Junior English - ;)
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

The look on Kath's face is priceless!!!!! The mmmph mmmmph mmmmph from Castela has little hearts around it!!!! and Atsali's burning blush is about to make Castela a burning bush!!!! LoL

All in all... I'd give this one a SSSSQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

*Drops an Indian Pump in the pun jar to help prevent forest fires*
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

hmmmm .....

last panel: I notice little hearts around Castela's "Mummuph mmmuh"

Is that just because she's talking to Katherine, or is her close proximity bringing her under (or looking at the image, into?) the effect of Atsali's 'siren charm'?

ps: I wonder if the fact that last page, Castela was sound asleep until Atsali started 'sleep singing'? Was it the noise that woke Castela, or was it 'the siren's song'?
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
Skruddgemire

Post by Skruddgemire »

zachariah wrote:That is a valid observation about Kathy. As to getting the punch line there really isn't one. Just one embarrassed teen, a noisy kid sister, and Kathy wondering WTF? Obviously this kind of thing was not covered in the MIB parenting guide book.
MIB's book? Hell that's not even covered in the traditionally normal parent/kid books. That there is one of those situations that can arise at any time you have mixed age children in the same room at night.

Just ours are a little less...shapeshifter in nature.

Imagine a child getting her first period, her mother is out of town on an outing with her aunt, she's sharing a room with a visiting cousin...and it all starts in the middle of the night.

Child wakes up, is in a bit of a panic (in spite of having it explained beforehand by her mother), is fumbling around in the dark for the pads that her mother got her, cousin wakes up with all the commotion and screams "Uncle! Help! [name] is bleeding! [name] is bleeding!", child lunges after cousin to shut her up, she has her in a headlock with her hand over her mouth...just as I walk in to find out what in the hell is going on.

I imagine the scene in my house that night reflected the scene drawn in the comic.

I had to call my sister in law and my wife at Oh-dark-30 to talk to the pair of them to explain to the cousin what was happening and to my daughter to reassure her that I'm not going to get all weird out knowing that she just got her first case of the monthlies.

Thank god it was a Saturday otherwise I'd have been dead at work from the lack of sleep.
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

I do not exactly grasp the little hearts in pickle's word balloon.

Is she just happy to see mommy, or is she enjoying her sister's embarrasment in a loving way?

Edit: Oh, wait, I can make-out "Mommah"from Castela's muffled words..
Okay.. my question is moot then.

I wonder what Kat's gonna say when she notices the sudden inflation of her eldest daughter's chest-area.. :shock:
Let's hope for Atsali that it's just part of her morphing-ability, because boobs like that are a huge inconvenience, espècially when just a teen.

Just her "being"would be disrupting in a class full of pubescent boys&girls (especially boys.. Kat better get herself a shotgun with rocksalt cartridges, because boys will flock to Atsali like there's no tomorrow... :lol: )
Last edited by Jay-Em on Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
Skruddgemire

Post by Skruddgemire »

NOTDilbert wrote:I guess this also proves that Kath is no longer a nudist.
I imagine that would have changed as soon as she brought the girls home.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Castella's eyes in the second 'panel'! I'm diein' here!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

(Having a brother 18 months older than me, there were numerous similar incidents in our household growing up...)
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

Jay-Em wrote:I do not exactly grasp the little hearts in pickle's word balloon.

Is she just happy to see mommy, or is she enjoying her sister's embarrasment in a loving way?
[Kosh] YES [/Kosh]
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

I see a great deal of "Peanuts" and "Calvin & Hobbs" influence in this episode.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

It's not just the chestal extremities on Atsalia. Please note the legs, derriere, waist, facial structure, lips, and overall physical stance. The previous 15 year old on-the-verge has been replaced by at least a foot and a half of hello-nurse!
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

OK, here goes the speculation ...

This isn't the first time Atsali chest has popped out, and she told Castela that it had swollen up because she had been stung by a bee.
It is happening again so Castela assumes that Atsali must have gotten stung again, so logically there must be a bee in the room.

Or Castela is smarter than she lets on and just loves to embarrass Atsali.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.