Just Stop Talking 2013-11-15

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Grantwhy

Re: Just Stop Talking 2013-11-15

Post by Grantwhy »

meisdadoo wrote:
Jay-Em wrote:I do not exactly grasp the little hearts in pickle's word balloon.

Is she just happy to see mommy, or is she enjoying her sister's embarrasment in a loving way?

Edit: Oh, wait, I can make-out "Mommah"from Castela's muffled words..
Okay.. my question is moot then.

I wonder what Kat's gonna say when she notices the sudden inflation of her eldest daughter's chest-area.. :shock:
Let's hope for Atsali that it's just part of her morphing-ability, because boobs like that are a huge inconvenience, espècially when just a teen.

Just her "being"would be disrupting in a class full of pubescent boys&girls (especially boys.. Kat better get herself a shotgun with rocksalt cartridges, because boys will flock to Atsali like there's no tomorrow... :lol: )
But, but, Atsali is a siren, the boys will flock no matter what you do. .also men, old guys, and everything else with male hormones from what I have been led to believe. . .
Silly question,but does the Siren's song only affect males?

The mythology says they "lured nearby sailors with their enchanting music and voices to shipwreck on the rocky coast of their island".

As at the time all sailors are assumed to be male so I can see where the assumption that sirens song/charm work only on males, but is there any evidence one way or the other on if their song/charm affects females as well?
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

TheDOCTOR wrote:WIND UP YOUR RADIO, Jabberwonky! Is Dr. Demento still 'with us' or On theAir?
He was a special guest at the 2012 DeepSouthCon SF convention in Huntsville
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Fairportfan wrote:
TheDOCTOR wrote:WIND UP YOUR RADIO, Jabberwonky! Is Dr. Demento still 'with us' or On theAir?
Got to see him live at a little dive bar near Lamar University in Beaumont Texas so long ago I was still in college. He had a 16mm projector to show the 'videos'....

(and no, the flyers weren't chisled in stone...)
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Cyberpawz wrote:Ever think that this is what she was talking about, and it's just her describing what happened? If not, then well someone is going to have to talk to the girls about the birds and the bees, at least one of them...
Better do it quick, Castella's thinkin' bees are pretty dangerous these days...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

KnightDelight wrote:As long as we're at it, I'll toss this one onto the pile ...
I'm rather fond of Tig Ol' Bitties, myself. [WARNING: Excessive autotuning, listen with caution.]
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Cyberpawz

Post by Cyberpawz »

MerchManDan wrote:
KnightDelight wrote:As long as we're at it, I'll toss this one onto the pile ...
I'm rather fond of Tig Ol' Bitties, myself. [WARNING: Excessive autotuning, listen with caution.]
Actually I thought there was a an excessive lack of myself. But again, my ears tend to not be calibrated this early in the morn. Although the video/song is funny.
ICQisstillathing

Post by ICQisstillathing »

So we are seriously, truly, and openly talking about the attractiveness and orgasms of a 15 year old, who like every other character, now has massive breasts. It's not even being played for laughs. It's been played for titillation. That's scary.
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

ICQisstillathing wrote:So we are seriously, truly, and openly talking about the attractiveness and orgasms of a 15 year old,
I don't know. Are we? the comments I remember are about people saying how this situation is reminding them of similar events in their childhood (puberty + younger siblings seeing/hearing more than expected)
ICQisstillathing wrote: who like every other character, now has massive breasts.
in ONE of her forms, and apparently it is NOT a form she prefers.
ICQisstillathing wrote:It's not even being played for laughs. It's been played for titillation. That's scary.
Looking at today's page I see Atsali doing a 'Hobbs' pounce on Castela, and yesterdays' "stung by a bee" seems to be humorous to me.

I suspect however, the humour will be replaced with some teenage angst shortly, so I'll gladly take the humour on offer while it is there.
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

shadowinthelight wrote:*readily remits a roll of Russian rubles to the alliteration amphora*
Roll of Rubles? That's worth like what, thirty-six cents? Da Nostrovia Tovarisch!!!
Last edited by DilyV on Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Jabberwonky wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:
Got to see him live at a little dive bar near Lamar University in Beaumont Texas so long ago I was still in college. He had a 16mm projector to show the 'videos'....

(and no, the flyers weren't chisled in stone...)
Now, I gotta dig out all those old cassettes I recorded off the radio. I haven't listened to them in quite some time. At least I need to find Dr. D's tribute program to Frank Zappa.
Wapsi
Site Admin

Post by Wapsi »

ICQisstillathing wrote:So we are seriously, truly, and openly talking about the attractiveness and orgasms of a 15 year old, who like every other character, now has massive breasts. It's not even being played for laughs. It's been played for titillation. That's scary.
Wow, if that's the only thing you can take away from this new arc, I feel sorry for you. Your reading comprehension, human understanding, and experience of others who have had their bodies embarrass them during growth spurts is severely lacking. If you're being aroused by this and that makes you uncomfortable, that's on you. This is NOT about arousing anyone, she's 15 years old, and this arc will be about body acceptance, dealing with potentially negative attention, finding real friends, and finding strengths in oneself. If you need to cling to my comic being negative in your mind, please go away and tell every like-minded person to yourself how much I suck and the go away. If you're willing to let the story unfold and find the meaning in my work, feel free to stay. Your choice.
The Old Wolf

Post by The Old Wolf »

People take away from your comic exactly what they bring to it. If someone is so obsessed with sexuality, you can be sure that's what they consume in mass quantities. This is one of the most sensitive arcs you've ever done, but try explaining that to someone who ... well, "has the emotional range of a teaspoon," to steal a great phrase.
“Make the world work, for 100% of humanity, in the shortest possible time, through spontaneous cooperation, without ecological offense or the disadvantage of anyone.”
-R. Buckminster Fuller
---------------
Playing in the World Game
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Grantwhy wrote: Silly question,but does the Siren's song only affect males?

The mythology says they "lured nearby sailors with their enchanting music and voices to shipwreck on the rocky coast of their island".

As at the time all sailors are assumed to be male so I can see where the assumption that sirens song/charm work only on males, but is there any evidence one way or the other on if their song/charm affects females as well?
Actually, I kind of thought she used a variant on Katherine to lure her into an adventure she could 'tag along with' (ie, drag Katherine into by the nose) and play hookey from the orphanage group. Kath's idea of adventure was closer, I think, to going to a supernatural place like the Library for research. But, Kath heard the Siren's song, the lure of real adventure......
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

The Old Wolf wrote:People take away from your comic exactly what they bring to it. If someone is so obsessed with sexuality, you can be sure that's what they consume in mass quantities. This is one of the most sensitive arcs you've ever done, but try explaining that to someone who ... well, "has the emotional range of a teaspoon," to steal a great phrase.
Remember wossname - i think he was DnTME or something like that on the 9CL boards (or maybe he was that here and something else over there) who, for a while, denied he was the same person?

He was extremely misogynistic and prone to let it be known that violence by men against women didn't bother him, but violence by women against men was Right Out.

He seems to have disappeared from both fora, and i, for on, don't miss him.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Dave wrote:
DilyV wrote:[tigger voice] The most wonderful thing about boobiez
Iz boobiez are wonderful thingz
their tops are made out of jello
their bottomz are made out of springz
they're bouncey, trouncey, founcey, pouncey
FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN!!!
The most wonderful thing about boobiez is...
Mine aren't the only onez!!!!![/tigger voice]
I have no precise idea whether Alan Alexander Milne would be pleased, puzzled, or particularly pissed at that performance ...

... but I feel privileged to have been present to witness the premiere! :lol: :lol:
And I'm hearing it in the Alan Sherman voice ... seems to do it justice!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

I'm fairly sure that Milne would be offended by the original rhyme, because it's pure Disney, i believe.
=====================
=====================
mike weber
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

Atomic wrote:
Dave wrote:
DilyV wrote:[tigger voice] The most wonderful thing about boobiez
Iz boobiez are wonderful thingz
their tops are made out of jello
their bottomz are made out of springz
they're bouncey, trouncey, founcey, pouncey
FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN!!!
The most wonderful thing about boobiez is...
Mine aren't the only onez!!!!![/tigger voice]
I have no precise idea whether Alan Alexander Milne would be pleased, puzzled, or particularly pissed at that performance ...

... but I feel privileged to have been present to witness the premiere! :lol: :lol:
And I'm hearing it in the Alan Sherman voice ... seems to do it justice!
And what's bothering me is I'm actually being bothered by the fact it should be "...And filled with FUN FUN FUN!!! But the most wonderful thing about..." according to the wording in the attached song lyrics in my 33 1/3 Disney Special Release Album (1972). I'm normally not this nit-picky.
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
Aed

Post by Aed »

After reading through this thread and viewing most of the videos (one was taken down before I could review it) I think folks are dragging to much of reality (or alternate realities) into the Wapsi-verse. Pickle was telling the story before the flash back so I think we should try and see things from her point of view. For example PonPonPon probably comes a close as any. Look closely and you will even find a bee. :lol:
GuySmiley

Post by GuySmiley »

NOTDilbert wrote:
Grantwhy wrote: Silly question,but does the Siren's song only affect males?

Actually, I kind of thought she used a variant on Katherine to lure her into an adventure she could 'tag along with' (ie, drag Katherine into by the nose) and play hookey from the orphanage group. Kath's idea of adventure was closer, I think, to going to a supernatural place like the Library for research. But, Kath heard the Siren's song, the lure of real adventure......
It may have been a step or two farther then she was planning for that particular trip to the library but I'm pretty sure Katherine got exactly what she wanted in terms of adventure. We know form the flashbacks that she's a field researcher so going out to look at the world in person is probably what she's trained for. Circumstances just had her too afraid to actually do it, hence the need for a kick in the but.
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes."
-The Laughing Man; GITS:SAC (originally from Holden Caulfield; Catcher in the Rye)
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

I'm convinced the Bibliothici arrange the meeting between Atsali and Katherine because it knew they needed each other. Solving the mystery of the Anasasi and purging the evil spirit possessing Brandi was a bonus.