Just Stop Talking 2013-11-15

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
CraigR

Re: Just Stop Talking 2013-11-15

Post by CraigR »

So, whereas some girls who are self-conscious of their tummies try to keep them sucked in all day, Atsali is using her shape-changing ability to do the same with her chest?
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

CraigR wrote:So, whereas some girls who are self-conscious of their tummies try to keep them sucked in all day, Atsali is using her shape-changing ability to do the same with her chest?
Doubt it. From her reaction I would guess this was her first experience with this shape change. Probably brought on by puberty. That form is enough to make an thin and gangly girl, who looks like half a chicken other times, totally embarrassed. She has no idea how to handle it and probably suspects it is connected to the Siren in her.

No doubt she has heard tales from the other kids about Sirens as well. A lot of myth and myth-understanding. Especially from the young boys who are old enough to be curious but not have a clue. So she probably has heard tales about the Siren's call and what they did to and with men. I wouldn't put it past those boys to really tease her about it too.

Drops a copy of the first myth book by Robert Asprin into the jar.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Drakkenmensch

Post by Drakkenmensch »

Judging from previous strips this is the very first time Atsali is popping out in full bloom, as recounted by Castella to the twin bear girls at the mall. Thus Sali's mortified look when Stella mentions how she woke up from her dream the other night, the cute lil' shrub clearly not understanding how puberty works.

Those two are so adorable together, they're now my favorite pair of sisters in any comic or story.
Julie

Post by Julie »

BOOBIES!!! :D

Yeah...that was really all I had to share today. :P
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
loxmyth

Post by loxmyth »

Not just girls, of course. I can remember my younger brother loudly announcing, at the zoo, "Hey, that monkey is doing what you do!" I suspect I turned some interesting colors...

That's what younger sibs are for, of course -- to keep us humble and interfere with our privacy and swipe our stuff. When they aren't looking up to us as role models and giving us someone to unburden to and assisting our exploits. It's a fair trade. <smile/>
loxmyth

Post by loxmyth »

Oh, regarding the button: I'm still bemused by the fact that it's G-rated to display any part of the breast as long as (a) it doesn't include the nipple and (b) total area exposed is less than 50%. I suppose that's a step forward from when only the upper 50% could be displayed, but it's still amusingly arbitrary.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

My2Cents wrote:OK, here goes the speculation ...

This isn't the first time Atsali chest has popped out, and she told Castela that it had swollen up because she had been stung by a bee.
It is happening again so Castela assumes that Atsali must have gotten stung again, so logically there must be a bee in the room.

Or Castela is smarter than she lets on and just loves to embarrass Atsali.
I figure this is a flashback to the incident Pickle told the world about...
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

loxmyth wrote:Oh, regarding the button: I'm still bemused by the fact that it's G-rated to display any part of the breast as long as (a) it doesn't include the nipple and (b) total area exposed is less than 50%. I suppose that's a step forward from when only the upper 50% could be displayed, but it's still amusingly arbitrary.
Wapsi has never been G. It's always been a minimum of PG-13, sometimes higher. Check the time Shelly spent in the woods as a sphinx. What can be said is that display is seldom just for display, except in his artwork singles that is. It usually has a purpose in the story.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

I'm assuming the last two strips are a flashback to Atsali's "bumpy and curvy" dream. And while she'd obviously mortified by the dream an the results on her shape, I think the look in the last panel is one of mortal terror.

Phix told M and Shelly that "those two would be executed on sight if discovered."

There's been plenty of discussion her about Sirens and their place in mythology. I think maybe this bears at least some of that out. Atsali had an erotic dream, during which she sang and assumed what could be considered a "lure" form.

We know her parents are dead. From what Phix said about being killed if found out, and Atsali's raw panic here, it may well be that her parents were discovered to be Sirens, or at least her mother was, and were murdered.

It would explain why Atsali doesn't want to assume any other form bit that of a young girl. And after being cast aside before, she may believe Katherine won't want her anymore when the realises what Atsali "really " is.

I don't believe Kath would ever do that, but then, I'm not a 15 year old girl with serious abandonment issues.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Julie wrote:BOOBIES!!! :D

{voice='serious'}I think sharing boobies is a wonderful thing.{/voice}

♫Thank you Miss Julie!♪
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

As i said on the Misfile forum's WS thread:
That last pajama button is TENACIOUS.

Held on with thread that passes Federal Bureau of Standards testing under ISO 9013-PG, i suspect.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Just remember, Kath. You could have stuck with just the fish.

Atsali, have you seen Oscar? He was here when we went to bed...
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
txmystic

Post by txmystic »

She woke up having a big O, it looks like to me. It's already got to be confusing and embarrassing enough (especially with the inflation of her chest) without Castela's shouts about a nonexistent bee and the prospect of Katherine bursting in…I'm not surprised at all by her reaction. Poor Pickle, she's just being her own cute little self...
Dave

Post by Dave »

Yamara wrote:Just remember, Kath. You could have stuck with just the fish.

Atsali, have you seen Oscar? He was here when we went to bed...
The way Kath's luck re peace and quiet has been running, it's about time for everybody to find out that Oscar is actually a were-kraken (just about to reach puberty).
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Wyvern wrote:It's o-god in the morning and the kids are tearing up the place. Yeah, Katherine's a mother now.
Now she knows what I go through every morning...for the last eight(nearly nine) years. I wouldn't change a single thing...no, not even that.
Timotheus wrote:It's not just the chestal extremities on Atsalia. Please note the legs, derriere, waist, facial structure, lips, and overall physical stance. The previous 15 year old on-the-verge has been replaced by at least a foot and a half of hello-nurse!
FIxed that for you... ;) :P
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Jabberwonky wrote:
Julie wrote:BOOBIES!!! :D

{voice='serious'}I think sharing boobies is a wonderful thing.{/voice}

♫Thank you Miss Julie!♪
[tigger voice] The most wonderful thing about boobiez
Iz boobiez are wonderful thingz
their tops are made out of jello
their bottomz are made out of springz
they're bouncey, trouncey, founcey, pouncey
FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN!!!
The most wonderful thing about boobiez is...
Mine aren't the only onez!!!!![/tigger voice]

drops a Winnie the Pooh DVD in the pun jar to be safe :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Oscar's advice for these kinds of situations?

*blubpt*

Meanwhile: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0myLNJryDQ this is the NSFW background music in most Red-Blooded American Male's subconscious foyers.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

It looks as though Busty Sister Embraces are not as calming as are Busty Mom Hugs. Or perhaps it's just that in this case it came combined with a Flying Siren Attack.
Professor Marvel

Post by Professor Marvel »

I wonder what tune Atsali was humming as her ta-ta's blossomed? 'June is busting out all over'? 'The Mountains High'? 'Woverton Mountain'? 'Up on Rocky Top'? 'Rocky Mountain High'?

(Drops all his spare change in the Pun Jar)
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Dily V wrote:[tigger voice] The most wonderful thing about boobiez
Iz boobiez are wonderful thingz
their tops are made out of jello
their bottomz are made out of springz
they're bouncey, trouncey, founcey, pouncey
FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN!!!
The most wonderful thing about boobiez is...
Mine aren't the only onez!!!!![/tigger voice]
:lol: :lol: :lol:

♫Thank you Miss Dily!♪
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous