Stung by a Bee 2013-11-14

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
NOTDilbert

Stung by a Bee 2013-11-14

Post by NOTDilbert »

More like stung by a double-dee!

*edit* BTW, Castela DOES tend to unravel a little while asleep.
Last edited by NOTDilbert on Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
JSStryker

Re: Stung by a Bee 2013-11-14

Post by JSStryker »

Hahahahahaha! I'm guessing because it is in color it is a flashback to an earlier time after Katherine adopted them? Atsali is quite pneumatic isn't she? :o

You know in that format Atsali just might have Monica beat in chest size!
Last edited by JSStryker on Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vive la weird!
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Watch out for flying buttons!

ETA Ninja'ed by less than a minute!
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

And Atsali's PJ's have wing holes in the back....well, at least they won't rip THERE...
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Dave

Post by Dave »

It isn't everybody who can so precisely record and document the exact moment when puberty arrived ...

...like a freight train smashing through the wall at the end of the station! Poor kid... it's unsettling enough for those of us for which it arrives gradually!

I wonder whether the siren's song is instinctive, or learned, or a combination of the two. I'm guessing it's at least partially an inborn thing... considering how it seemed to trigger an outburst of bustulence, the song must be tied pretty closely to a siren's basic nature and powers.

Small wonder Atsali is a bit miffed about Castela's "volunteering" of rather personal information!
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Dave wrote:It isn't everybody who can so precisely record and document the exact moment when puberty arrived ...
One of the collections of early 9 Chickweed Lane comics is entitled The Day My Puberty Detonated.
9CWL-Puberty-cover.gif
9CWL-Puberty-cover.gif (58.11 KiB) Viewed 9423 times
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

That isn't the onset of puberty. That is probably her first experience with an erotic dream. They can often be disturbing to a teenager until they figure out what they are, or have it explained. We also do not know what she dreamed. Was it a sexual dream? Or might it have been a dream of attracting and killing someone she had drawn in as a siren? The body change probably stemmed from the activity in her dream.

It is really funny that Pickle thought she had been stung by a bee. I wonder how Kathy explained that to her?
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

zachariah wrote:Was it a sexual dream? Or might it have been a dream of attracting and killing someone she had drawn in as a siren?
With her being a siren there might not be much of a difference. She was singing in her sleep for sure, though.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Dave wrote:I wonder whether the siren's song is instinctive, or learned, or a combination of the two.
To be sure, I'd have to do internet things when I'm too tired, but I think with birdsong it's mostly socialization, ie conversation within the species.

Sirens, realized out of myth, might have used song only as a defense, to stun predators or competitors. Though it seems we are heading in a different direction.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Should also note that this may have helped precipitate the clothes shopping excursion, which would only cause this to be so directly associated in Castela's mind.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

I just realized Paul may be throwing in a brony joke. She appears to have a wingboner. (link NSFW) Image
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

I saw the buttons fly and the only thing I could think of was the "PA-TING!!!" noise Atsali made at the spider carving site when she first shot out of the triangular hole, then again as she dove away from the out of control Apache. Funny though how Castela is asleep, then all the sudden, she's wide awake. :shock: Then I was like... oh yeah... Erotic Dream. Look at where her right hand is.

I'm beginning to see that Atsali is going to need Monica's help soon... well, the lingerie ninjas through Monica. Maybe Mon could donate her smaller bras to Atsali... who seems quite discomboobulated at the moment...

*drops a prehistoric over the shoulder boulder holder in the pun jar for good measure... erm... I'd say about 38DD there Atsali... at LEAST. :lol: :lol: :lol:
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Dave wrote:I wonder whether the siren's song is instinctive, or learned, or a combination of the two.
Over at SailorSun.org, it appears to be inherent in Crystal's voice. If she speaks at all, men's minds melt. For a long time after her introduction, she never spoke at all, and communicated by notes; eventually the fact that she's a siren was revealed.

Currently Crystal and Honey have been mindswapped with their boyfriends.

Oddly, the current page is boyfriend-in-Crystal's-body explaining about sirens to other-boyfriend-in-Honey's-body.

(Gotta say that those boots and those shiny tight leather pants under the lab coat would seem to pretty well obviate any need for Crystal to use her voice to convince men of practically anything...)
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Ah, a new challenge for the lingerie ninjas. An expandable/contractable bra. Looks like Our little Atsali isn't so Little anymore. :shock:
Bathorys Daughter

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

And so her inner siren is busting out all over. I think Kath may need help on this, it not being the usual erotic dream consequences she may have experienced as a girl. At least a trip to the Library to find the real deal concerning sirens. "What To Do When The Siren Goes Off; A Parents Guide to the Maturing Siren." Or maybe, "Siren Dreams and Their Meaning." Then there's "Singing in Your Sleep; A Guide to Somnolentistic Siren Songs." "Sirens for Dummies" might be good for a laugh too. I doubt she dreamed about killing anyone though. She's too nice for that.
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

This implies that Kathy became involved with this episode. I wonder if she then did what mothers do to explain the changing body to their daughters. I also wonder how explicit she was willing to be with Sali. Sali is clearly at the age where she needs to understand this subject and take into account how it affects her. Everyone reacts differently to this event but Sali appears to have to deal with form changes as well. I expect it will become a matter of control in the long run. How well she can control her form, mind, and urges.

A year later...

Sali: Mom I gotta problem.

Kathy: Did to devour another boyfriend?

Sali: I couldn't help it. HE spilled ketchup on his shirt.

Kathy: Now Sali you know condiments do not mean you get to devour them.

Sali: But he smelled so good and I was hungry.
Last edited by zachariah on Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

"Put those away, young lady!" 8-)
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
TheOKTVSet

Post by TheOKTVSet »

Yamara wrote:
To be sure, I'd have to do internet things when I'm too tired, but I think with birdsong it's mostly socialization, ie conversation within the species.

Sirens, realized out of myth, might have used song only as a defense, to stun predators or competitors. Though it seems we are heading in a different direction.
It wasn't used in defense. The sirens were always portrayed as evil, and were either created by accident or as a punishment (depending on which canon you're reading).

The Greeks saw them as daughters of Phorcys or a byproduct of Heracles' trials, and Ovid's retelling of the Greek myths cast them in the role of nymphs that were being punished for not defending Persephone against Hades.

Given that either source had them as nymphs before the transformation (with the Heracles origin being the oddball), their singing would have been an inherent power. It's not so much the song itself as the fact that it's the siren doing it.

Edit: Durr, not trials. Fighting for the right to marry Deinarra. I'm mixing my myths up.
Last edited by TheOKTVSet on Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
You come all this way out saying squat and now you're trying to tell me that a '56 Chevy could beat a '48 Buick in a dead quarter mile? I liked you better when you weren't saying squat kid. Go to bed.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Wyvern wrote:"Put those away, young lady!" 8-)
Shame on you. You are interfering with fan service.
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

Aw, and she was trying so hard not to brag too.

Sure puts her reaction in http://wapsisquare.com/comic/cutest-things-ever/ in a somewhat different light.
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!