Not So Lost 2013-11-11

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Julie

Re: Not So Lost 2013-11-11

Post by Julie »

D'awww! Yay sisters! I (sometimes) wish I had one. :P
Fairportfan wrote:Well, i think this is the first explicit confirmation that Nudge and Tsilla are siblings.

Ummm ... looking at this page ... are we sure that was Brandi doing the intro?
Ya know...you may be right. :) I'd assumed it was Brandi doing the intro, but it could have been Nudge. :) I guess we'll only find out if they stand next to each other in an upcoming page.
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Julie wrote:D'awww! Yay sisters! I (sometimes) wish I had one. :P
...My sister would have been 51 today.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Dave

Post by Dave »

starkruzr wrote:Okay, possibly unpopular opinion:

The kid's eyes are REALLY starting to creep me out. :shock:
I wonder if you're just a bit jealous?

Most of us have to work at it, to have our eyes bug out on stalks. Even many cartoon characters find it difficult... as Bloom County's Opus commented years ago, "That really hurts!"

For Castela, it's easy and painless. Lucky kid! Makes up, perhaps, just a tiny bit, for being an abandoned child?
Professor Marvel

Post by Professor Marvel »

Somehow I can't imagine supernatural beings like Nudge and Tsilla needing to buy garments off the rack. With their powers and abilities they could just whip up a little black dress out of whole cloth. ;)

[Deposits a Drachma in da Pun Jar]
Dave

Post by Dave »

Fairportfan wrote:Well, i think this is the first explicit confirmation that Nudge and Tsilla are siblings.

Ya know...you may be right. :) I'd assumed it was Brandi doing the intro, but it could have been Nudge. :) I guess we'll only find out if they stand next to each other in an upcoming page.
It's not definitive, but I just compared today's strip showing Nudge, with the one of Brandi, and it looks to me as if Brandi and Nudge are wearing tops of similar styles but having a somehat different color. Brandi's top is shown as being lighter in color than her hair; Nudge's is deep black.

Also... Nudge isn't a terribly good human-shape-shifter (by her own admission) and every human form we've seen her take has had her characteristic skin freckles (or whatever they are) just as her horned form does. Brandi is shown with clear skin.

And, given that this shopping trip is an MIB-sponsored-and-managed event, it makes sense to me that Brandi would be there.

Hence, I'm about as certain as I can be that we actually saw Brandi herself.

So, I'm probably wrong, and what we saw wasn't Brandi at all, but one of Tsillah's illusions, or possibly a sasquatch in really good makeup. 8-)
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

davids4250 wrote:I think this is the first time we have seen Nudge with clothes on while still having horns.
Not quite.
Dave wrote:And, given that this shopping trip is an MIB-sponsored-and-managed event, it makes sense to me that Brandi would be there.
Besides, it's a shopping trip! You know that Brandi wouldn't miss that if she can help it.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Good, Tsillah's here! After that last incident, I was wondering if she was going to be kept away from Katherine and her family for a long time, even if Thup was the main puppeteer behind it.

Bear-girl's right. I have so many "Relatives" that aren't blood-related, but it never came up that one Uncle was Hopi, or my cousins were Pima, another Uncle is Black, and so forth. Family's family, no matter where they're from.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

kingklash wrote:Good, Tsillah's here! After that last incident, I was wondering if she was going to be kept away from Katherine and her family for a long time, even if Thup was the main puppeteer behind it.
She's probably just been quietly waiting out the past few months somewhere until the imprint of Kathrine's foot faded away. That might be part of why she looks so happy here, too: she can finally sit down again properly.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

starkruzr wrote:Okay, possibly unpopular opinion:

The kid's eyes are REALLY iestarting to creep me out. :shock:
Creepy Cute
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

I don't think anyone has yet mentioned the "lost souls" reference: http://wapsisquare.com/comic/a-direct-message/

... I still wonder which two Tsillah had in mind ...
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Castela keeps getting more and more adorable... the squeeeeeeee factor every time she's seen is OVER! 9000!!!!

hehehe
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Catawampus wrote:
davids4250 wrote:I think this is the first time we have seen Nudge with clothes on while still having horns.
Not quite.
Hah. And a few days later, first time she successfully transforms...

Amazing how those skinny shoulder straps manage to stay in exactly the right place!
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

scantrontb wrote:
Grantwhy wrote:I know this current storyline is to cheer us up after the last one, but with Nudge and Tsilla "just happening" to walk by, my cynic senses are tingling.
"Not all who wander are lost"... hmmm... could this be paraphrased to: all those who wander, might not be lost? ..thus we get the premonition that "something" is drawing them together at this time for some reason? it's probably the "rule of funny", but only Paul knows for sure...
I think I know what set off my cynic senses. One of my saying is "I believe in coincidences but I don't trust them". Nudge and Tsilla turning up *just* at this moment seems like a coincidence.
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

That reminds me of something I came up with during one of my more philosophical moments: Coincidence is a word people use when they lack the imagination of (or the ability to face) the true horror that is behind the Universe.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Today I'm hearing the 'Bear Sisters' voiced by Katey Cuoco (Penny). Maybe its her use of the word "Sweetie".
Castella keeps getting cuter.
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

Grantwhy wrote:
scantrontb wrote:
Grantwhy wrote:I know this current storyline is to cheer us up after the last one, but with Nudge and Tsilla "just happening" to walk by, my cynic senses are tingling.
"Not all who wander are lost"... hmmm... could this be paraphrased to: all those who wander, might not be lost? ..thus we get the premonition that "something" is drawing them together at this time for some reason? it's probably the "rule of funny", but only Paul knows for sure...
I think I know what set off my cynic senses. One of my saying is "I believe in coincidences but I don't trust them". Nudge and Tsillah turning up *just* at this moment seems like a coincidence.
I thought of a better/different way to say what I meant in my first post... "if those that aren't 'really' lost, come 'wandering by'... does that mean that they weren't *really* "wandering" either? (and therefore have some other agenda in mind?)

nah... first Brandi, then Bud, THEN Tsillah AND Nudge?!... nope... that invokes the "once is happen-stance, twice is coincidence, THREE times is enemy action" trope, though I'm not going to go out on a limb by saying "enemy" enemy action... more like "mischievous kids vs. the stuffy and stinky old adults" kind of enemy action... and the only person we can *almost* guarantee to NOT be there is Katherine!... anybody else at this time is up in the air, in fact, even she could be there too!... this may be a test of the girls out-on-their-own-by-yourself training and Mom gets to be there to see the final grade given by MIB, so she could be in the background, supposedly "unavailable" due to "work schedules" or some such... and at the end of the day/testing, she'll pop out of the woodwork with a big hug for them either way it goes...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

This is the first time it is revealed:http://wapsisquare.com/comic/good-enough/
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Radio365

Post by Radio365 »

It's really nice to see something happy in here again.

Still not entirely able to forget that while all this is going on, Monica's across the way being/dealing with being raped.
Julie

Post by Julie »

Catawampus wrote:
Dave wrote:And, given that this shopping trip is an MIB-sponsored-and-managed event, it makes sense to me that Brandi would be there.
Besides, it's a shopping trip! You know that Brandi wouldn't miss that if she can help it.
TRUTH! :D
scantrontb wrote:
Grantwhy wrote:I think I know what set off my cynic senses. One of my saying is "I believe in coincidences but I don't trust them". Nudge and Tsillah turning up *just* at this moment seems like a coincidence.
I thought of a better/different way to say what I meant in my first post... "if those that aren't 'really' lost, come 'wandering by'... does that mean that they weren't *really* "wandering" either? (and therefore have some other agenda in mind?)

nah... first Brandi, then Bud, THEN Tsillah AND Nudge?!... nope... that invokes the "once is happen-stance, twice is coincidence, THREE times is enemy action" trope, though I'm not going to go out on a limb by saying "enemy" enemy action... more like "mischievous kids vs. the stuffy and stinky old adults" kind of enemy action... and the only person we can *almost* guarantee to NOT be there is Katherine!... anybody else at this time is up in the air, in fact, even she could be there too!... this may be a test of the girls out-on-their-own-by-yourself training and Mom gets to be there to see the final grade given by MIB, so she could be in the background, supposedly "unavailable" due to "work schedules" or some such... and at the end of the day/testing, she'll pop out of the woodwork with a big hug for them either way it goes...
I dunno...maybe I'm being dense, but it seems to me that we'd be very likely to see Brandi, Bud, Nudge, and Tsillah here since it's an MiB sponsored shopping event for paranormals. Brandi & Bud are there as reps of the MiB (Bud also as chaperone). Nudge may have gotten the hang of her human form (kind of) and Tsillah may be a mega-pro at shape-shifting, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't take advantage of a chance to hang out at the mall, ostensibly with some paranormal friends who can't shop without the MiB. Heck, they may well have wanted to check on the kiddos, which would definitely explain them being there at this moment (after all, Nudge is "Tanta Nudge" to Castela). :)

So yeah...call me dense, but I'm not sensing any impending doom just yet. I'm more sensing an opportunity to provide more information to the audience in a less stressful story sequence. :)
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

True, Nudge could only have been "hiding" in Tina for a short time (from the accident, or more likely the morgue she got the others to get up and walk out of.) So what was she up to all those years while avoiding Phix and the other Apos (besides sneaking visits to Shelly in the time forest.)
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?