Ursamorphs 2013-11-08

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
NOTDilbert

Re: Ursamorphs 2013-11-08

Post by NOTDilbert »

*whinnnney!*
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

PUTTINONDAHRIIIIIIIIIITTZZZ!!!
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Jabberwonky wrote:That might be a party trick, but I'm not going to be impressed until I see one of 'em riding a bicycle in a fez and a tutu...
ursamorph.jpg
"That bear is pretty good!"
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Special Weekend Sale at the Paranor Mall!
  • Telepathy Supplies - 15% Off (but, you already knew that)

Invisiblity Cloaks - 20% Off (somewhere in Sporting Goods - we think, maybe)
    • -- Assorted colors --
    Escape Kits- 50% Off (just break into the triple locked display to get the discount)
And much, much more! Start saving today!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

DilyV wrote:Castela is way cute... I think Kath is going to be pleased. The twins are interesting... and typical of most sets of twins... one barely talks and the other has diarrhea of the mouth...

Can't help but wonder what kind of therapy Jet and Monica are going through about now...
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Don't say that! I need my daily dose of cute for a while, please? That really heavy storyline, plus my really heavy RL ordeals, I need some cute to get back on track.
jwhouk wrote:
OldManBill wrote:As these two new ladies are still in school-I'm assuming High School, from their style of speaking-should we assume that they're Ursa Minors?

*clink*
loxmyth wrote:Can't believe that nobody beat me to pointing out that they're a pair of Ursa minors.
(Actually, someone did.)

If that's the case, of course, then it wouldn't be surprising they're in Minnesota. After all, the state motto is "Etoile du la Nord" (Star of the North).
Let me fix that. It's L'etoile du Nord(My baby sister was a French Major, and my baby brother a French Minor(*rimshot*), so they never let me even joke incorrectly(though mine is more roundabout by the way of Latin, so it's a bit more stilted.).
Atomic wrote:Ladies and Gentlemen, I cannot tell you how proud I am to be part of an online forum which as managed to go two whole pages of strip commentary with nobody -- absolutely nobody -- making anything even resembling a hint of commentary about ursine hygiene in the deep forest! You're a class act, people! Keep it up!
Dave wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:...and watch out for Italians and helmet-spikes.
... and sewage settling ponds. :P
For those wondering: Those Magnificent Men and Their Flying Machines

Must See. Go. Now. Do!
Gee, and here I thought you meant this...
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
as363

Post by as363 »

Hopefully - for next week - we continue the lighthearted theme . The publisher stands behind these comments - in hopes that they will hide him from flying gobs of snicker-snee that currently are flying around edited one time - stupid fingers...
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

Dave wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:
Dave wrote: Well, if we're going to go in for classic references:
"Balloons... and blunderbusses!"
...and watch out for Italians and helmet-spikes.
... and sewage settling ponds. :P
For those wondering: Those Magnificent Men and Their Flying Machines

Must See. Go. Now. Do!

I'm partial to "The Great Race". The Great Leslie, Professor Fate, and Maaaaaaxxxxx!
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Hansontoons wrote:I'm partial to "The Great Race". The Great Leslie, Professor Fate, and Maaaaaaxxxxx!
An excellent choice for a Double Feature! Crank up the popcorn machine....

(You and your hair is always combed!)
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Atomic wrote:
Hansontoons wrote:I'm partial to "The Great Race". The Great Leslie, Professor Fate, and Maaaaaaxxxxx!

Add in "Those Daring Young Men in their Jaunty Jalopies".
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Mark N wrote:As to the Ursa's place in the American Indian pantheon just look here. As for the girls names I am guessing that their folks used a single name "Bernadette" and split it into 2 names "Berdine and Nadette" both names are forms of the one. The remaining unanswered questions are 'is the balloon animal her sister' and 'are they actually 2 beings or is one a projection of the other'. (Sorry for any migraines that last thought may cause). :oops:
You silly, silly boy... Remember Ockham's razor! Why complicate things? Besides, to paraphrase Freud: sometimes, twin shapeshifing bears are simply twin shapeshifting bears...
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

lake_wrangler wrote:
Mark N wrote:As to the Ursa's place in the American Indian pantheon just look here. As for the girls names I am guessing that their folks used a single name "Bernadette" and split it into 2 names "Berdine and Nadette" both names are forms of the one. The remaining unanswered questions are 'is the balloon animal her sister' and 'are they actually 2 beings or is one a projection of the other'. (Sorry for any migraines that last thought may cause). :oops:
You silly, silly boy... Remember Ockham's razor! Why complicate things? Besides, to paraphrase Freud: sometimes, twin shapeshifing bears are simply twin shapeshifting bears...
Nice paraphrase. :D

And as far as the names it occurred to me that the girls are sharing 2 names Bernadette and Nadine, mixing them so they can always be part of each other.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Fairportfan wrote:
Atomic wrote:

Add in "Those Daring Young Men in their Jaunty Jalopies".
While good, I didn't think Jalopies was as good as Flying Machines. But still good. (All three of these are in my dvd collection, of course) And The Great Race - ya gotta love a movie where the first half-hour or so is a live-action Coyote-Roadrunner cartoon......

Which brings up The Villain. Handsome Stranger (Played by Ahnohld) delivering the line: "Want to hear anothuh knock-knock joke?" to Ann-Margaret.....
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

"Handsome Stranger - that is my name. I was named after my father."
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Julie wrote:Party tricks are the best! :)
Neveko wrote:Hehe. Berdine and Nadette are not names that I can tell (not in a traditional way, anyway), but Bernadette and Bernadine are.
Nadine is also a common(ish) name...at least in the South. :) And actually, Berdine is listed on a baby-names website as a possible female name. It's apparently a short form of Bernardine (like Chris is the short form of Christopher I guess). Nadette wasn't on that site's list...but that doesn't mean someone hasn't given a girl that name before. It just feels weird that they're from out west with names like those. I'd expect names like that from the more hillbilly areas of the US. :)
Isn't California called "The Bear State"? That used to be Arkansas' motto, 'fore they kilt off purt near all ahr dang bahr...I mean, before they killed off almost all our bears...heh....
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

There was, i believe, a California "Bear Republic", whence cometh the "Bear Flag"
=====================
=====================
mike weber