Cutest Things Ever 2013-11-06

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
zachariah

Cutest Things Ever 2013-11-06

Post by zachariah »

The girls are being catty but they can't help it.

The ears may suggest mouse but I suspect lion. Which they probably do a lot of.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Wyvern

Re: Cutest Things Ever 2013-11-06

Post by Wyvern »

They are correct. Atsali and Castela are amazingly cute.
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Grrlfriend, I'll have you know that shirt is nuffin compared to Monica in her "magic" 8-ball shirt!!!

Poor Atsali... I have to wonder what's going through her mind. Is she put out by them being loud with what they're saying, or by the fact that they're stacked and she isn't? I DO like the way she lights up when Pickle comes over. =)
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
txmystic

Post by txmystic »

This mall is whack.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

This shopping trip is turning into reunion week. Who else is going to show up to help, or hinder, the girls shopping spree.

Sali is showing a typical reaction to the girls talking up the size of their attributes. Is it annoyance or maybe a little envy?
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

A little something for the furry fandom? :lol:
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

DilyV wrote:Poor Atsali... I have to wonder what's going through her mind. Is she put out by them being loud with what they're saying, or by the fact that they're stacked and she isn't?
I'm quite sure she's noticed that she does not fill out a shirt like that. Welcome to being a teenage girl, kiddo.
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Hey - why haven't Mon and Shelly ever been clued in about this Mall? The Jaguar Girl and the Sage of the Forest would certainly qualify as clientele....

*edit* And what if she ran into her brassiere engineer here as a fellow shopper? :shock:
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Further thinking....
Even Georgette could come with - she's not Paranormal, but she IS 'tiled to the lodge' and would qualify as a friendly.

Not sure she could avoid the fangirls even here, though....(meow)
Dave

Post by Dave »

txmystic wrote:This mall is whack.
Furries. :lol:
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

I wanna be ' Sfizticated ' too. :lol: (Thought there was a "LIKE" button here.)
Poor Atsali. I get the feeling this could be a lead-in to a Monica/Atsali story in which they discuss 'Endowments'....( and I don't mean to The Arts.) ;)
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

zachariah wrote:The ears may suggest mouse but I suspect lion.
There are no large canine teeth. No rodent's incisors either, unless they keep them well worn. And no whiskers ...

I cannot quite make out their caudal appendages.

Their banter somehow reminds me of early Amanda and Monica ...
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

NOTDilbert wrote:Further thinking....
Even Georgette could come with - she's not Paranormal, but she IS 'tiled to the lodge' and would qualify as a friendly.

Not sure she could avoid the fangirls even here, though....(meow)
Haven't seen anything yet to indicate that Georgette is officially in the know. She may think it was all a weird dream, or been 'convinced' it was by the MIB.

We don't even know that Monica, Shelly, or even Kathryn have ever been to one of these events. Kathryn may only know that Brandi or Bud said it was a safe environment for paranormals to do some shopping and volunteered to watch over them and make sure they got new winter outfits. Which incidentally only Castela, thanks to Bud, seems to have really looked into so far. I don't think Atasali knows what a Minnesota winter is like yet.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Re: catty girls -
They are dressed alike, same species, one has an arm casually around the others neck, approximately the same age - I bet they're twins.....
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Sidhekin wrote:
zachariah wrote:The ears may suggest mouse but I suspect lion.
There are no large canine teeth. No rodent's incisors either, unless they keep them well worn. And no whiskers ...

I cannot quite make out their caudal appendages.
I had thought these ladies look rather ursine. One is practically bear-chested.

*deposits an Ursa Minor plushie into the Pun Vault*
NOTDilbert wrote:Hey - why haven't Mon and Shelly ever been clued in about this Mall? The Jaguar Girl and the Sage of the Forest would certainly qualify as clientele....

*edit* And what if she ran into her brassiere engineer here as a fellow shopper? :shock:
Since Mon & Shelly were raised as humans, they're used to thinking of themselves as humans and so they can do their shopping wherever they like (well, Mon can't, but I'm sure you know what I mean). I'd gather this event is for paranormals who have extra trouble passing as human in the public sphere.

As for Lydia shopping at Paranor Mall for supplies: That would not surprise me a bit.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

NOTDilbert wrote:Re: catty girls -
They are dressed alike, same species, one has an arm casually around the others neck, approximately the same age - I bet they're twins.....
Well, many species give birth to multiple offspring at once.

Note what we can see of the one on the let's tail - seems short and fluffy.

==============

EDIT to add:

Given the ears and that tail, it wouldn't be hard to convince me that they're ursine.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Skruddgemire

Post by Skruddgemire »

zachariah wrote:Sali is showing a typical reaction to the girls talking up the size of their attributes. Is it annoyance or maybe a little envy?
Yes.

Having raised a girl I can say that in a situation she is likely to be feeling both. Annoyance at the lack of consideration for those less gifted than themselves certainly comes in play first. Bragging about any physical attribute that one values and another lacks (blonde hair, the right curves, "rear bumper", etc) can bring about the same feelings of annoyance.

I'd bet even money that Atsali had something catty going through her mind at that point.

And there is the envy. Back then boys often were driven by their hormones more than their brains. So a less endowed girl would be prone to feelings of envy since given two equally pretty girls...the one with the larger breast size would get more of the boy's attention.

So again...Annoyance or Envy? Both at the same time is likely. And I'd wager that the catty thought in Atsali's head is something to the effect of "Shut the @#$% up would yas? Now everyone can be built like @#$%ing cows like you two are. Sheesh!"
Skruddgemire

Post by Skruddgemire »

NOTDilbert wrote:Hey - why haven't Mon and Shelly ever been clued in about this Mall? The Jaguar Girl and the Sage of the Forest would certainly qualify as clientele....

I'd have to say that since the two spent most of the strip thinking that they were normal humans...odds are they were unaware that the mall was paranormal friendly. Having lived in Minneapolis, I know that there are several malls in the twin cities area that they would have gone to. Heck they may already BE regulars at the mall...just not being aware of the paranormal days.

IF the mall was closed on a day that they wanted to shop...odds are they would have shuffled off to another mall for the day. After all, a Lane Bryant is a Lane Bryant regardless of which mall it's located.And I'm certain that the mall would announce the closing in advance to keep the normals away...citing maintenance or the like so people knew to go elsewhere for their shopping.

Now that M and Shel are confirmed as paranormals...I'm sure that they'll be able to enjoy paranormal day at the mall with the rest of them. I could even see M, Shel, and Kath taking the girls out for some girl's day out sort of thing. Maybe even leaving Castella with a friend or depending on the mall leaving her in the care of Bud or another friendly chaperone.

For example if this is "Mall of America"...there's a lot of kid friendly stuff for her to do. Castella can run the crazy off of her with other paranormals of her age group while Atsali and the other women can enjoy a day of just being girls.

Lydia has not been shown with any paranormal connections (as of yet) and so may be a shopper at the mall but as a normal human.

Wonder if Tina shops there on Paranormal Days. She would qualify for it in my mind.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Skruddgemire wrote:
zachariah wrote:Sali is showing a typical reaction to the girls talking up the size of their attributes. Is it annoyance or maybe a little envy?
Yes.

Having raised a girl I can say that in a situation she is likely to be feeling both. Annoyance at the lack of consideration for those less gifted than themselves certainly comes in play first. Bragging about any physical attribute that one values and another lacks (blonde hair, the right curves, "rear bumper", etc) can bring about the same feelings of annoyance.

I'd bet even money that Atsali had something catty going through her mind at that point.

And there is the envy. Back then boys often were driven by their hormones more than their brains. So a less endowed girl would be prone to feelings of envy since given two equally pretty girls...the one with the larger breast size would get more of the boy's attention.

So again...Annoyance or Envy? Both at the same time is likely. And I'd wager that the catty thought in Atsali's head is something to the effect of "Shut the @#$% up would yas? Now everyone can be built like @#$%ing cows like you two are. Sheesh!"
Heh.

For those not familiar with Misfile: Ash, the shorter-haired girl, is actually a 17-year-old boy, transformed into a girl (and always has been one, so far as the rest of the world knows). Emily, a graduating senior with an acceptance to Harvard, lost two years of her life in the same screwup at the Celestial Filing Depot, and is now a Junior again. Ash is a dedicated street-racer, and is Good At It. They met after/because of the Misfile. Ash is not so good at being a girl, or accepting that he is now a girl. Ash wears a C-cup, Emily a B...
hate.jpg
hate.jpg (83.75 KiB) Viewed 8813 times
(Should you decide to binge, be warned that the archive contains over 2400 pages.)
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
eee

Post by eee »

Dave wrote:
txmystic wrote:This mall is whack.
Furries. :lol:
Phix. :shock: