Cutest Things Ever 2013-11-06

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
txmystic

Re: Cutest Things Ever 2013-11-06

Post by txmystic »

I like the idea that the girls are twins and ursine. Kind of like teddy bears...with benefits.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Wyvern wrote:They are correct. Atsali and Castela are amazingly cute.
Assuming that they are talking about Atsali and Castela. If Castela can think that a pot is snuggly, then there's no telling what a pair of whatevers might think is cute.
TheDOCTOR wrote:Poor Atsali. I get the feeling this could be a lead-in to a Monica/Atsali story in which they discuss 'Endowments'....( and I don't mean to The Arts.) ;)
Or her experimenting with body shape changing, with horrifying/comedic results.
Skruddgemire wrote:Back then boys often were driven by their hormones more than their brains...the one with the larger breast size would get more of the boy's attention.
I don't think that there is an age or time limit to any of that, really. . .
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Catawampus wrote:
Skruddgemire wrote:Back then boys often were driven by their hormones more than their brains...the one with the larger breast size would get more of the boy's attention.
There is an age limit. It is the age when the blood supply is capable of supporting one and a half major organs at the same time.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Julie

Post by Julie »

More Castela cuteness!!! :D
zachariah wrote:Sali is showing a typical reaction to the girls talking up the size of their attributes. Is it annoyance or maybe a little envy?
I interpreted it as envy. Poor Atsali...she hasn't learned that there's more to being happy with your figure than being breastacularly endowed. I agree with TheDOCTOR. Monica should have a little sit-down with Atsali to discuss the pros and cons of both figure types.
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Atsali still has one or two things on the bear twins. She's a Siren, with the reputation of being able to lure men. Second, she can fly, and that's cool no matter how you slice it. Most importantly, no one else has Castela as a baby sister!
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Catawampus wrote:
The fact that young men/boys look to a woman's chest as an indication of fitness for sex has long evolutionary roots. Breasts are visible from a distance and a woman without breasts is most likely not old enough to procreate therefore undesirable as a current mate (when life expectancy isn't much past puberty you can't afford to wait for one to grow up). That's one of the reasons why kids want to start having sex as soon as they hit puberty, it's in their genes, not just their jeans.

(drops a pair of 501s in the pun jar)
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Sidhekin wrote:
zachariah wrote:The ears may suggest mouse but I suspect lion.
There are no large canine teeth. No rodent's incisors either, unless they keep them well worn. And no whiskers ...

I cannot quite make out their caudal appendages.
There's a Disney/Miley Cyrus joke in here somewhere.

Catawampus wrote:
TheDOCTOR wrote:Poor Atsali. I get the feeling this could be a lead-in to a Monica/Atsali story in which they discuss 'Endowments'....( and I don't mean to The Arts.) ;)
Or her experimenting with body shape changing, with horrifying/comedic results.
Metamorphosis was a big sell for Ovid back in the day, too. Monica's cup size continued to increase after the Key was set in her head, and phoenix-deaths have not reset that. Since she's immortal, that may become a serious issue (disguised as a hilarious issue) that only form-training will alleviate.

So Sali, Shell and Mon may all wind up in morf school together. And then watch Pickle do better than any of them, because kidbrain.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Of course, the "Aren't you two the cutest things EVER?" line could have been delivered off-camera by one of the mythical teen boy-beasts as he approaches the catty-bears.....

Boys shop too.... Teenage boys just shop for teenage girls....
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
sheik

Post by sheik »

I was thinking, but for lack of an accent they could be koalas.
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

sheik wrote:I was thinking, but for lack of an accent they could be koalas.
Those are definitely not koala teeth.

And I'm pretty sure that's a belly button, not a pouch. Belly buttons are not just mammalian, they're specifically eutherian. (Which word I just had to teach my spell-checker. Means pertaining to placental mammals.) ;-)
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Wow, BEAR babes with BARE midriffs, now we just have to see if they have bare brains. (The Pun Vault has my credit card number already)
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Julie wrote:More Castela cuteness!!! :D
zachariah wrote:Sali is showing a typical reaction to the girls talking up the size of their attributes. Is it annoyance or maybe a little envy?
I interpreted it as envy. Poor Atsali...she hasn't learned that there's more to being happy with your figure than being breastacularly endowed. I agree with TheDOCTOR. Monica should have a little sit-down with Atsali to discuss the pros and cons of both figure types.
This completely.

I was envious for all of a week, then I got to see firsthand girls complaining of lower back problems.
I thankfully, did not experience this until I became a Mom, and the girls came in screaming, and then it quit once I figured out a proper fitting for a bra.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
meisdadoo

Post by meisdadoo »

NOTDilbert wrote:Re: catty girls -
They are dressed alike, same species, one has an arm casually around the others neck, approximately the same age - I bet they're twins.....
or at least from the same litter. . .
Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
Dave

Post by Dave »

So, is there a betting pool open, to predict who it was who made the "cutest things ever" comment, and just who was being spoken to?

My first guess is that it's Euryale, addressing Atsali and Castela.

I do have a second guess, much less likely, involving a rude paranormal boy who is about to get rebuffed and/or slapped... details are heft as an exercise for the reader. ;)
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

My guess would be Pickle and Atsali. But just 'cause they ARE so cute. ;)

Oh--who said it? Not a clue.
Professor Marvel

Post by Professor Marvel »

Sali may be at a disadvantage in the endowment department, as Sirens (as opposed to Harpies) in mythology are oft depicted as large birds with women's heads; so other than a prominent breastbone, that's pretty much her figure even in maturity.
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

Dave wrote:My first guess is that it's Euryale, addressing Atsali and Castela.
Don't think so... "Aren't y'all jus' the cutest things?" would be her take on it.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Professor Marvel wrote:Sali may be at a disadvantage in the endowment department, as Sirens (as opposed to Harpies) in mythology are oft depicted as large birds with women's heads; so other than a prominent breastbone, that's pretty much her figure even in maturity.
Not that real life physics have that much foothold on mythological creatures, but Avians would have [Voice ="Ren"] huge pectoral muscles {/voice]. Large pectoral muscles would push any other...tissues...out. Making them more promenant.
Also, being a shape-shifter throws all theories into a cocked hat...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
JSStryker

Post by JSStryker »

txmystic wrote:I like the idea that the girls are twins and ursine. Kind of like teddy bears...with benefits.
I was thinking a koala/something hybrid with the round ears and fluffy tail but who knows?
Vive la weird!
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

Dave wrote:So, is there a betting pool open, to predict who it was who made the "cutest things ever" comment, and just who was being spoken to?
My Moxana Points are on a third female paranormal teen, most likely a friend of the two already shown, commenting on them and the t-shirts they were wearing/talking about. then all three of them turn a politely vicious eye towards Atsali and her off-the-rack, second-hand, orphanage clothing when they're all in designer this, and designer that, and laughing at Castela outright... Atsali will take offence for them making Pickles cry, and things go downhill from there... then Bud shows up, and the designer-chicks are all "ha! ha! you're so poor and beneath our notice that you're going to get taken away by the second-in-command of the MIB herself, just to put YOU out of OUR misery..." then Bud turns the tables on them and starts consoling Pickles/Atsali and taking THEM to task for causing a scene... and Hilarity ensues...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac