Listen Good 2013-10-29

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Dave

Listen Good 2013-10-29

Post by Dave »

And today's color theme is "purple". Looks like grape Popsicles were on the menu! :lol:

And I do think Alsali just invoked the "Nothing can possibly go wrong" trope. Expect excitement; hilarity ensues.
Leak

Re: Listen Good 2013-10-29

Post by Leak »

I'm pretty sure Little Ms. String Theory and "poopie-butt" don't go together very well... :)
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Famous last words have been invoked. 'The store is lock down. We can't get into any trouble!'
Didn't Sali's last adventure with Kathy begin that way?
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

What could possibly go wrong? :roll:
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Leak wrote:I'm pretty sure Little Ms. String Theory and "poopie-butt" don't go together very well... :)
Why not? Plants do need fertilizer don't they?

I bet she sleeps in a rose bed.
Last edited by zachariah on Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Uh-oh. Kath is Happy and shows it in that first panel. My "Adventure Movie and Comic Tropes" senses are buzzing, and they're telling me Something Bad is going to happen.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

So with MIB help, they can shop at stores for the 'normies,if they haven't learned how to blend in yet. You probably have to rank pretty high up to get this kind of help....

And, Kat wearing yellow? No more Goth-chick clothes for her, anymore - 8-)
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

As for the trouble. Pickle can become one long thin vine/wire/cord and go through the smallest openings. So she can get out of the store fairly easily. Now all she needs is a reason. At that age it doesn't take much of a reason at all does it?

another good choice is she decides to play hide and seek and hides in a store floral display. While pretending to be a bush the service company comes and takes it away.
Badeyes

Post by Badeyes »

This page will be used to interrogate supervillains.
"NOOOO ANYTHING BUT THE CUTE!!! IT BURNS!! FOR GOD'S SAKE- WEREN'T THE KITTENS BAD ENOUGH!! AND I'M SUPPOSED TO BE THE EVIL ONE!! You, you're monsters <bwah hah ah sniff>
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Do you think MIB moved the four of them to a bigger house? Or is this just a part of Kat's old house we haven't seen before? (Of course I counted Oscar)
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

NOTDilbert wrote:And, Kat wearing yellow? No more Goth-chick clothes for her, anymore - 8-)
Kath is an apex goth, having reached the pink level where those confident enough, complex enough, can exude gloom and doom while wearing the color of sugar and spice.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

zachariah wrote:As for the trouble. Pickle can become one long thin vine/wire/cord and go through the smallest openings. So she can get out of the store fairly easily. Now all she needs is a reason. At that age it doesn't take much of a reason at all does it?

another good choice is she decides to play hide and seek and hides in a store floral display. While pretending to be a bush the service company comes and takes it away.
The criminals arrive to hold up the store, decide that the MIB are the cops and grab some kids (Atsali and Castela) as hostages …

Question: Would Kathryn go ‘mother bear’ on them, or would it be a remake of ‘The Ransom of Red Chief’?
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

NOTDilbert wrote:Do you think MIB moved the four of them to a bigger house? Or is this just a part of Kat's old house we haven't seen before? (Of course I counted Oscar)

Katherine used to live in an apartment, which was all the room she needed when it was just herself and Oscar the betta fish. Since we see a staircase in Monday's strip, I'm guessing she moved when she suddenly needed more room.
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

Wow! Full color, for a second day no less.

Orrrr.. is this the intro to some unnerving stuff? :?
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Opus the Poet wrote:Uh-oh. Kath is Happy and shows it in that first panel. My "Adventure Movie and Comic Tropes" senses are buzzing, and they're telling me Something Bad is going to happen.
Nah. With this intro, and with how heavy the previous arc was, this one is gonna be silly.

They think they're alone in the store - but somebody fell asleep in the store's back room, wakes up, sees Pickle, freaks ... and Lily and Suzi have to catch them ... in a store they know well and the vamps have never visited before.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Ya know - with those windows, i wonder if they're meeting the MiB at the museum ... and Katherine has some work to do (either fabric and fibre work for the museum, or something secret and dangerous for the MiB), which is why Castela and Atsali are getting to go shopping without her.

Maybe the action part of this story is gonna be "Rescue Mama from the Bad Guys", with Lily and Suzi trying to keep up, dragged along in Atsali's slipstream, and Pickle having the time of her life.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

NOTDilbert wrote:And, Kat wearing yellow? No more Goth-chick clothes for her, anymore - 8-)
...and have we ever seen her with her hair in a ponytail before?

I think that the fact she knows who (and what) she is has helped her understand more about herself.
=====================
=====================
mike weber
ActionKermit

Post by ActionKermit »

Fairportfan wrote: Nah. With this intro, and with how heavy the previous arc was, this one is gonna be silly.
That's what I thought at the outset of the pervious arc. :?
BrokenMoonblade

Post by BrokenMoonblade »

Wyvern wrote:
NOTDilbert wrote:Do you think MIB moved the four of them to a bigger house? Or is this just a part of Kat's old house we haven't seen before? (Of course I counted Oscar)

Katherine used to live in an apartment, which was all the room she needed when it was just herself and Oscar the betta fish. Since we see a staircase in Monday's strip, I'm guessing she moved when she suddenly needed more room.
If this is "home," then maybe they got a renovated industrial location or such -- that might keep them off the beaten track, but still able to hit the town.

Also, new digs would be in keeping with "new" Kat -- I recall her apartment being a bit spartan, which reinforced the sense of isolation from others.
GuySmiley

Post by GuySmiley »

For some reason the first thing I thought of was 'the man with the yellow hat' from Curious George. It would be somewhat fitting. :lol:
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes."
-The Laughing Man; GITS:SAC (originally from Holden Caulfield; Catcher in the Rye)