Out All Day 2013-10-23

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Fairportfan

Re: Out All Day 2013-10-23

Post by Fairportfan »

I just noticed the cute way Tina has her lower lip caught as she worries in Panel One.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
txmystic

Post by txmystic »

Fairportfan wrote:I just noticed the cute way Tina has her lower lip caught as she worries in Panel One.
I've often imagined Tina biting her lip like that while I...well...

...never mind...
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

I believe "Blackwing's" first appearance was 16 November 2007: Let Me Help You
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Prester Fred

Post by Prester Fred »

NOTDilbert wrote:Chuck Jones notwithstanding, Coyote is Trickster; what's Roadrunner's story? Anybody?
James Dean.

(If anyone can name what I'm referencing...I'll be kinda surprised, but pleased).
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

TlalocW wrote:Well, back to the real, physical world. Time to kill Tina.
"You're already living out your other punishment."
Dave wrote:Not necessarily a waking-up greeting that Georgette is going to find comforting! :lol: :lol:

EDIT: And a day's down-time with the doors locked is probably going to play merry hell with Mucho Mocha's cash flow this month!
She seems to run the place with one and a half to two bodies (Becky might be full time, and just holding down two jobs). So payroll won't be a real issue. Overhead? She may have a mortgage, but if she's hiding from Senor Guzman, she may have just used a pile of cash she found near Tina 1.0's shorthand diary, and paid for the shop as Mucho Mocha LLC. That leaves wholesalers' bills, which balance out by less having to be ordered, or ordered a day less frequently. Assuming her regulars include more than a half dozen paranormals, the normal reaction is to double check the next day, out of fear of losing a favorite stop, and wondering what happened. She'll probably be okay, whatever her Grumpy Tentacle aspect may have to say about it.

Her home is another matter, perhaps she rents. But it's within walking distance, no regular gas bill. Apart from food and... costuming... she doesn't seem to spend anything on herself, certainly not her living space.

Crimeny we know a lot about this being.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Yamara wrote:Crimeny we know a lot about this being.
And yet we really know so little.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

There's always the pizza girl. She spends money on pizza, no anchovies. Because demon food.
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Yamara wrote:
TlalocW wrote:Well, back to the real, physical world. Time to kill Tina.
"You're already living out your other punishment."
Dave wrote:Not necessarily a waking-up greeting that Georgette is going to find comforting! :lol: :lol:

EDIT: And a day's down-time with the doors locked is probably going to play merry hell with Mucho Mocha's cash flow this month!
She seems to run the place with one and a half to two bodies (Becky might be full time, and just holding down two jobs). So payroll won't be a real issue. Overhead? She may have a mortgage, but if she's hiding from Senor Guzman, she may have just used a pile of cash she found near Tina 1.0's shorthand diary, and paid for the shop as Mucho Mocha LLC. That leaves wholesalers' bills, which balance out by less having to be ordered, or ordered a day less frequently. Assuming her regulars include more than a half dozen paranormals, the normal reaction is to double check the next day, out of fear of losing a favorite stop, and wondering what happened. She'll probably be okay, whatever her Grumpy Tentacle aspect may have to say about it.

Her home is another matter, perhaps she rents. But it's within walking distance, no regular gas bill. Apart from food and... costuming... she doesn't seem to spend anything on herself, certainly not her living space.

And food for Kittie... don't forget Kittie.

Crimeny we know a lot about this being.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

What Tina spends her money on:
  • Rent for shop (or, if owned, mortgage for shop)
  • Coffee beans for shop
  • Baked goods through Becky
  • Power/light/water/sewer for shop
  • Rent for "home" near shop
  • Utilities not paid for by rent
  • Pizza for demons
  • Occasional bottle of wine
  • Kittie food (though we haven't seen kittie much as of late)
  • Clothes (not as often)
  • Occasional makeover (hair-do, war-paint, etc.)
  • Maybe a car (that she doesn't use - because lack of coordination?)
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Dave wrote:
Catawampus wrote:Tina outnumbers them. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the loo, right?
Fixed your typo there.
Ain't a typo. After all Tina will be skipping to the loo soon.

Actually Monica and Jet outnumber Tina. Tina has one body with many demons and you cannot count each demon as one, just one part of the body. Monica and Jet are two bodies. Either way things will soon go to pot.

Take that any way you want. Coffee, ceramic, cooking, or worse.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Dave

Post by Dave »

zachariah wrote: Either way things will soon go to pot.

Sounds like a Saturday-morning cartoon in Wapsiland.

Coming up next! Stay tuned for The New Adventures of Blackwing and Thundermug!

I'm not sure how well this breakfast-time serial will sell commercials for breakfast-time cereal.
Last edited by Dave on Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Dave wrote:
zachariah wrote: Either way things will soon go to pot.

Sounds like a Saturday-morning cartoon in Wapsiland.

"Coming up next! Stay tuned for The New Adventures of Blackwing and Thundermug!"

I'm not sure how well this breakfast-time serial will sell commercals for breakfast-time cereal.
Loosner's Soap Flakes.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Paul hasn't actually gone from wire-sharp focus to soft focus, but that's kind of the effect that going from the limited tonal range in the previous few pages to the extended range in today's has in my eyes.
=====================
=====================
mike weber
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

You know, I just noticed that Tina's "tail" is back...
Dave

Post by Dave »

jwhouk wrote:You know, I just noticed that Tina's "tail" is back...
As far as I can tell, it was only visibly absent on October 7. It was back the next day, and in subsequent panels it's either visible, or her head is positioned so it wouldn't be seen anyhow.

Further evidence, I suppose, that although Tina may be buying her coffee beans and other supplies wholesale, she runs a retail establishment.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Fairportfan wrote:I just noticed the cute way Tina has her lower lip caught as she worries in Panel One.
.....And as she looks yearningly at the little girl's room....
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

jwhouk wrote:What Tina spends her money on: Rent for shop (or, if owned, mortgage for shop)
She said that she bought the shop cheap (Something bad happened in the basement before she got there) back when Monica was trying to get to know her. That may be telling that she paid cash and has no mortgage.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Yeah, I wasn't sure about that, so I added it to the list.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Someone else can do the thread for today - I really have to get to bed.
Julie

Post by Julie »

tripodcat wrote:
I dunno guys...as FPF pointed out, the Blackwinged Tina image isn't really a new thing...and didn't she say something about being one of the winged beings in a prophecy? If Blackwing was really that new of a creature, I doubt that Tina (either the full Collective or Blackwing itself) would know already about this prophecy and that it involved her.
You can know about a prophecy and even know it applies/will apply to you, but not know the "when, where, why, how". Otherwise Oedipus would never have set foot in Thebes...[/quote]
Of course you can know about a prophecy and that it applies to you...I was merely stating that it seemed odd to me for her to know that she was one of the objects of the prophecy if Blackwing was such a new creation...meaning if Blackwing was as new as some folks have suggested (i.e. that she's the evolution of Tina into a soul or having a soul or something akin to that), then it stands to reason that she may not be fully aware of what she is just yet...and if she's not fully aware of what she is, then how could she know that she's part of that prophecy? Prophecies are rarely so specific that a newly created being could immediately know that she's involved in any way. That's why I think that Blackwing isn't a new thing...well that and the fact that we saw her before Nudge was ever ejected. :)
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."