Something Wrong 2013-10-16

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
jwhouk

Something Wrong 2013-10-16

Post by jwhouk »

Wow.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Re: Something Wrong 2013-10-16

Post by AmriloJim »

Disjointed, confused. The body remanifesting itself in Monica's embrace is powerful.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Excellent, Monica. Good for you, and good for Jet.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Everybody died WHILE she was getting raped. THAT would explain the explain the tar. :shock:
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

shadowinthelight wrote:Everybody died WHILE she was getting raped. THAT would explain the explain the tar. :shock:
So in that case when Monica tortured the Tar she was doing that to the sick bastard in the planes rest room. Justice that only took around 20 years ... I'll take it.

Next Monica will make a little visit to the river Styx to visit a sicko in Hell.
Last edited by Mark N on Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Dave

Post by Dave »

jwhouk wrote:Wow.
Wow indeed. Worst. Day. Ever. :(

Of all of the ways to really mess up a young girl's life... that's two of them for sure.

This is going to be an important healing for Jet, no question. I think it might prove to be an equally important turning point for Monica as well... because it will show her that the power she's had dumped onto her shoulders isn't just about danger and death, but is also a force for life and wholeness and restoration as well.
Last edited by Dave on Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

The effect of repressed memories when they are finally expressed is very explosive. Jet is going to need Monica and Jill so very much for quite a while now.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Prester Fred

Post by Prester Fred »

Wow. Yeah. I, I knew it would be something like that.

Shit.

I have no words. Thankfully for Georgette, Monica doesn't need words. Jet's in the best possible hands right now; I feel like an intruder.

Now if only Tina's issues don't come bursting onto the scene at the worst possible time, we can all breathe a sigh of relief.
Last edited by Prester Fred on Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
meisdadoo

Post by meisdadoo »

Mark N wrote:
shadowinthelight wrote:Everybody died WHILE she was getting raped. THAT would explain the explain the tar. :shock:
So in that case when Monica tortured the Tar she was doing that to the sick bastard in the planes rest room. Justice that only took 20 or so years ... I'll take it.

Next Monica will make a little visit to the river Styx to visit a sicko in Hell.
So if the "Tar" was not a demon (Because astral fire does not hurt demons) It was either the evil soul of the rapist that finally got the hell fire it deserved, or it was something else that made the man a rapist. On second thought, maybe it was just the residual effect of being raped--the thing that makes a victim want to wash and wash and wash but can never quite get clean. But tar seemed to be sentient or at least aware of it's surroundings, and it had a "greatest fear", so there's that.
Interesting, verrrry interesting, but creepy.
Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Oh Man............Poor Kid. I. :cry: Just WOW. Poor Georgette. Take good care of her Monica. :cry:
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Let's not jump too fast to conclusions here. Monica is meeting and comforting the different suppressed memories of the events happened to Jet. I originally suggested splits in personality might have been caused by Jet being molested by modeling agents. Did not expect such and attack on an airplane.

This sounds a bit off as well. How could another passenger grab a twelve year old on a plane, shove her into the rest room, and then go in himself not be noticed? While they are in locations than can be out of sight usually they are not totally hidden from either the passengers, or the flight attendants. Given the small space inside it would bound to be noticed and someone would say something. The attacker had to know this as well. Usually rapists flee after the attack. How could he flee aboard a plane. Only a total crazy would try that on a plane. There is more to this.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

This promises to be a long sequence as each of the events need to be found and dealt with. Just like therapy it is one step at a time. Monica has met the first event and offered comfort. Will that be enough to heal it I don't know. But other events await and each will need to be confronted, understood, and handled.

BTW: That was not guidance yesterday. It was the first memory of Jet to be comforted. There are others as well.

As to where we are? We can speculate. I doubt it is CSpace as Monica claims it as her own realm. It belongs to the Jaguar girl and may be an area between life and death where Monica can interact and deal with spirits and the dead.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
txmystic

Post by txmystic »

I figured there had to be some kind of violation to explain the tar, but at the SAME TIME as the traumatic plane crash?? How on earth did she move on from that?

What kind of sicko even attempts something like that on a plane?? In what universe can someone get away with that? I'm amazed that Jet could survive when he did not.

But one other thought--I was guessing yesterday that these various "parts" of Jet appear in this realm at various points in time at the last moment when the tar attacked one of her demons (out for sushi, at the photo shoot, etc.), which probably manifested as a traumatic reliving of the incident in Jet's memory...and then suppression. Hence those "parts" cannot recall anything beyond the violation now that the tar has been destroyed. Now Monica will shepherd them together and help everyone heal in J-space, to become whole again...

I'll be in the corner for awhile. You just keep hugging her, Monica...
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Perhaps everyone died BECAUSE she was being raped?
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

zachariah wrote:Let's not jump too fast to conclusions here. Monica is meeting and comforting the different suppressed memories of the events happened to Jet. I originally suggested splits in personality might have been caused by Jet being molested by modeling agents. Did not expect such and attack on an airplane.
Or by someone else.
This sounds a bit off as well. How could another passenger grab a twelve year old on a plane, shove her into the rest room, and then go in himself not be noticed? While they are in locations than can be out of sight usually they are not totally hidden from either the passengers, or the flight attendants. Given the small space inside it would bound to be noticed and someone would say something. The attacker had to know this as well. Usually rapists flee after the attack. How could he flee aboard a plane. Only a total crazy would try that on a plane. There is more to this.
Sounds like she went to the lavatory and he followed her in. "Everyone was sleeping."

As to "how could he expect to get away with that?" type questions - perhaps i'm doing a disservice to the dead. Repressed memory is a tricky thing - perhaps it wasn't the first time? Perhaps "he" expected to get away with it because he had gotten away with it before?

"If you tell, I'll tell your mother you wanted it and nobody will believe you..."

While "everybody Monica knows is paranaormal" is a touch unlikely, perhaps "Monica's presence attracts the paranormal" might be the case.

And if so, perhaps the lane crash wasn't coincidental with the rape - it was BECAUSE of the rape?
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Fairportfan wrote:
Perhaps everyone died BECAUSE she was being raped?
Survivors guilt would cause that but I doubt it was actually true that it did cause the crash.
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

Wow, what are the odds of that happening at the same time?

She went to the washroom on the plane while everyone else was asleep. Some man followed her in and did the deed. While this was happening the plane crashed. What are the odds it was the pilot or copilot and the plane was on auto pilot and failed. As for his alibi, he was flying the plane, how could he molest a girl?

Her rapist died in the crash along with all the evidence, so no one even thought to look for it and Georgette was traumatized enough from the crash to really start dealing with the sexual assault as well.
Last edited by Timotheus on Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

zachariah wrote:This promises to be a long sequence as each of the events need to be found and dealt with. Just like therapy it is one step at a time. Monica has met the first event and offered comfort. Will that be enough to heal it I don't know. But other events await and each will need to be confronted, understood, and handled.

BTW: That was not guidance yesterday. It was the first memory of Jet to be comforted. There are others as well.

As to where we are? We can speculate. I doubt it is CSpace as Monica claims it as her own realm. It belongs to the Jaguar girl and may be an area between life and death where Monica can interact and deal with spirits and the dead.
I believe yesterday someone called it J-Space... sounds like as good an explanation as any. Whatever and wherever it is, it is wholly Monica's as she guarantees safety there. Monica says: "This is my realm... so it is a place or space she controls.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Fairportfan wrote:
zachariah wrote:Let's not jump too fast to conclusions here. Monica is meeting and comforting the different suppressed memories of the events happened to Jet. I originally suggested splits in personality might have been caused by Jet being molested by modeling agents. Did not expect such and attack on an airplane.
Or by someone else.
Sounds like she went to the lavatory and he followed her in. "Everyone was sleeping."

As to "how could he expect to get away with that?" type questions - perhaps i'm doing a disservice to the dead. Repressed memory is a tricky thing - perhaps it wasn't the first time? Perhaps "he" expected to get away with it because he had gotten away with it before?

"If you tell, I'll tell your mother you wanted it and nobody will believe you..."

While "everybody Monica knows is paranaormal" is a touch unlikely, perhaps "Monica's presence attracts the paranormal" might be the case.

And if so, perhaps the lane crash wasn't coincidental with the rape - it was BECAUSE of the rape?
That is possible that the fatehr was the rapist. More about what happened needs to be revealed.

Causing the crash? If Jet had the paranormal powers why didn't they manifest earlier? If they show up early it is usually due to stress or a reaction to pressure. Being molested would qualify for causing it. But when they do manifest under that situation they act is directed at the source of the stress/pressure. Not at something else.
ChattaStarhawk

Post by ChattaStarhawk »

:shock:

O-K... The Tar was created in an act of rape and death, and since evil is a human attribute, the only question left in my mind is whether the Tar was the rapist's soul (or some part thereof) or some part of Jet that felt the guilt for all the deaths from the crash. (I lean toward the former since Jet's demons didn't know the source of the Tar.)