Get This Sorted 2013-10-9

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
BikerScum

Re: Get This Sorted 2013-10-9

Post by BikerScum »

......Aaaaaaand this is a great example of why Paul is a freakin' genius, and why I am addicted to the Wapsiverse.

I have NO IDEA where this is going, but I know the ride will be well worth taking.

And I can't wait to see where this goes, and what the mysteriously foreshadowed 5 winged ones are all about.

Plus, Tina with wings = hotness...... :D
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

To Tina:

Hug.
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Dave wrote:
DilyV wrote:Um... yeah... before that...

I'm at a loss as to Georgette's location too... does Tina have carvings like that inside the shop?
We've seen that the top of the counter is decorated in Aztec imagery. Possibly the counter itself (the upright portions) are carved or molded to match?
This would be near whatever wall Monica and Jet fell back against unless Tina somehow moved them after she put Monica to sleep...
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Jay-Em wrote:To Tina:

Hug.
Yash! Many Many hugs!

I knew blackwing was a special part of Tina that would come out eventually... I love it when Blackwing shows herself. Fun things happen!
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Timotheus wrote:Are Tina's eyes melting? Like in wax dummy eyes? As in "do the eyes" fake eyes"? If there is an alarm pull for the Library now might be good time for it.
I'd say that Tina's eyes are not actually eyes.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
illiad

Post by illiad »

Timotheus wrote:Are Tina's eyes melting? Like in wax dummy eyes? As in "do the eyes" fake eyes"? If there is an alarm pull for the Library now might be good time for it.
I'd say that was tears... :)

..and as Fairportfan said, they are not 'real'... they are usually some sort of spiral, silver, or other...

well google has 'elves in the psalms' :)
txmystic

Post by txmystic »

ONE OF FIVE WINGED BEINGS PROPHECIED TO BE WHAT?! WHAT????!!

Think Kurt Russel in "Big Trouble in Little China": 'WHAT will come out no more??'

Oh, and I like the whole not gonna kill Tina thing. But Where. Is. Georgette?
DilyV wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:"Do the eyes!"
SHAZOWIE!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Let's go!
Becky?!
illiad

Post by illiad »

Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

For what it's worth, there were four listed winged sub-titans in Greek mythology that worked as enforcers under Zeus - Nike, Kristos, Bia, and Zelus, all of whom were children of Pallus and Styx. We know there are already some connections to the Wapsiverse there already, and an additional sub-titan in the form of an alternate name or from another source is easy to see. Just adding my research.
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
The Old Wolf

Post by The Old Wolf »

Holy flapping scrith, is everyone in this universe a supernatural of some sort? Except maybe Pizza Gal?
“Make the world work, for 100% of humanity, in the shortest possible time, through spontaneous cooperation, without ecological offense or the disadvantage of anyone.”
-R. Buckminster Fuller
---------------
Playing in the World Game
Aleister Crow

Post by Aleister Crow »

Well, I see the fewmets are about to hit the rotary air impeller...

WILD, UNFOUNDED (and probably totally wrong) THEORY: Georgette was the Tar, Monica just tortured/killed her, and now has to go to Xibalba to fetch her back.

-or-

The background is artistic license, and we're reading too much into it.
Whoever coined the phrase "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" obviously never spent an afternoon cramming the little buggers into one.
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

... or the background is Tina's choice of decoration. The counter top has been noted before.
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Timotheus wrote:For what it's worth, there were four listed winged sub-titans in Greek mythology that worked as enforcers under Zeus - Nike, Kristos, Bia, and Zelus, all of whom were children of Pallus and Styx. We know there are already some connections to the Wapsiverse there already, and an additional sub-titan in the form of an alternate name or from another source is easy to see. Just adding my research.
Kratos, not Kristos. Kristos is somebody else. Creepy's called dibs to being Kristos. ("And let's fix 2012 early." Love this comic.)

The four Stygians are a younger generation of Titan, though at least one is considered to have made the transition (I would hesitate to say either up- or down-grade) to godhood. Monica's compartmentalizing the category "subTitan" as "demigod"... she 's probably still lowballing herself; denial dies hard, and being human-born, is showing growth spurts anyway.

Immunity to failure would the prime attribute of the most famous of the four Stygians. But Pablo can be such a tease.
zachariah wrote:Monica is right. Tina has to put a sock in it until Jet is covered.
Right. Jet is Job One.

Aaaand... prophecy is Job Zero. Folks, always remember: Prophecy is time travel. Information that comes from the future. Sometimes it's smarter to shut that the hell up.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Yamara wrote:Aaaand... prophecy is Job Zero. Folks, always remember: Prophecy is time travel. Information that comes from the future. Sometimes it's smarter to shut that the hell up.
Or, it comes from Apollo (in the Greek tradition, and who knows whether he may show up in the Wapsiverse). It could be more a vision of "what the Powers have decided to make happen" than "what shall be, because in the future it has already happened."

But, yeah, even there it's often best to keep your lip buttoned. Tiresias did (feeling that there was no point talking about what he saw, since it couldn't be altered). Cassandra had a terrible time of it, having been cursed by Apollo that no one would understand or believe her prophesies. (A good lesson there... if you ever made a bargain with a god, don't try to renege on your half of the deal!)

Those of us who are not blessed/cursed by such vision of what is to come, might as well act as if we have free will and can reshape the future. We may be right, may be wrong (I don't think anyone has ever truly settled this question despite thousands of years of debate) but it seems better to act as if this were true. There's nothing to lose, thinking this way... and potentially a lot to lose if we "surrender to fate" and give up whatever freedom to change things that we do possess.

Now Playing: the theme music for today's Wapsi Square strip: Grand Funk Railroad "Get It Together". A bit shrill but it seems to fit.
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

illiad wrote:
I'd say that was tears... :)

..and as Fairportfan said, they are not 'real'... they are usually some sort of spiral, silver, or other...
Yumpin' Yimminy!... you guys are reading WAAY too much into this...

those are TEAR'S... she's CRYING for pete's sake... and those ARE "real" eyeballs... unless the car accident popped them both out of her head in addition to her teeth problems (of which NOTHING has EVER been said about them being popped out, so i HIGHLY doubt that that has happened)... as to WHY they are colored silver?... probably an interpretation of the "eyes are the windows to the soul" phrase. she "had" no soul before, so they were a featureless grey blank "window", and comparing the "shazowie" strip with panel 3 of the day before yesterdays strip, you'll notice that the "swirly" effect seems to be coalescing into a normal pupil sized spot... hmm, i think that once she's finally become a "true" human in her own mind instead of a "bunch of demons puppeting a dead body" then i think we'll only see normal eye's from that point on...

as for where Jet is... she's on the floor a few feet away from where she hit Monica and they both dropped... the wall we see behind her in panel 2 of today's strip is most likely the front face of the counter-top, or one of the actual walls of the shop itself, though THAT seems unlikely as we have seen the walls before from various other strips and i don't recall anything like that pattern before. therefore... the counter-top is the most likely spot.

and in a similar vein to what Fairportfan said earlier... for me, "I" expect Paul to put in two days of filler strips in order to get back to his normally scheduled "Friday Cliffhanger" pacing... and we won't find out anything new until MONDAY again!
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
zeebaneighba

Post by zeebaneighba »

I gotta say, I liked the strip better when Monica was merely a young human with some special abilities and surrounded by supernatural beings that complicated her life, rather than her being one herself. I don't like her nearly as well as a demigod. Just sayin'.
TlalocW

Post by TlalocW »

The Old Wolf wrote:Holy flapping scrith, is everyone in this universe a supernatural of some sort? Except maybe Pizza Gal?
It's sort of like, "My Blue Heaven," when Steve Martin realizes that he's not the only mobster that has been relocated by the FBI to his small town.

TlalocW
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

For what it's worth:

Clue Number One: Make a habit of struggling with moral dilemmas.

Clue Number Two: Tar

Clue Number Three: A block and a save!

I leave it to you happy pundits to digest and expound.
Last edited by Atomic on Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
loxmyth

Post by loxmyth »

Yeah, that would indeed have been a Friday cliffhanger. At least one, and apparently two, new cans of worms opened.

With great power comes great responsibility. It's still hell when a bunch of those responsibilities land on you at once. Especially when you're still trying to recover from damage taken during the last crisis.

Monica must have gotten the infamous "May you live in interesting times" fortune cookie at some point in her past.
Aleister Crow

Post by Aleister Crow »

Sidhekin wrote:... or the background is Tina's choice of decoration. The counter top has been noted before.
Anything and everything I say falls under that "Probably Totally Wrong" clause. Even this. :lol:
Whoever coined the phrase "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" obviously never spent an afternoon cramming the little buggers into one.