Monica Bikini Power 05 2013-10-02

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
kingklash

Re: Monica Bikini Power 05 2013-10-02

Post by kingklash »

Ah, the rare Mid-Week Cliffhanger!

Take care of your squab, and yourself, dude. We need to add more attractions to the Theme Park anyway.
chicgeek

Post by chicgeek »

What everyone else said. Take your time, we'll be here. Healing vibes sent for your son and for you.
TlalocW

Post by TlalocW »

Suck it up and walk it off, ya pansy!

Just kidding but felt the need to break the pattern here. :)

TlalocW
Dave

Post by Dave »

TlalocW wrote:Suck it up and walk it off, ya pansy!

Just kidding but felt the need to break the pattern here. :)

TlalocW
Ahem. Off to the corn field with ye! :twisted:
sheik

Post by sheik »

If it's a bacterial infection (rare these days because of antibiotics) you might try a sweat lodge (these days called a sauna), but AFAIK it won't do anything for a virus.
Anyway, don't take chances and get well soon.
ErinS2013

Post by ErinS2013 »

No worries mate, feel better soon. :)
Fatuncle

Post by Fatuncle »

Please take care, and as long as it takes. Come this next payday, I'll drop some dollars in your jar, to pay towards medical bills. Well wishing is fine, but I prefer a more practical approach ...
Dr. Otter

Post by Dr. Otter »

I thought Monica was of Mexican heritage, but this pin-up has a decidedly Brazilian look.
Be the role model she'll always remember. Be a Girl Scout volunteer today!
displaced

Post by displaced »

take care Paul, We'll wait.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Dr. Otter wrote:I thought Monica was of Mexican heritage, but this pin-up has a decidedly Brazilian look.
The pun jar wishes to speak with you.

And wouldn't it be great if we could shake a few quatloos out of the pun jar for Paul?
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

ActionKermit wrote:
Wyvern wrote:Or Keychain of Creation, which came to a really cool point and stopped because the artist could no longer draw due to tendonitis. :(

Worth reading, though, as long as you can accept that the last story arc gets only a brief setup.
The artist of Widdershins started another Exalted comic called Manse of Ivy, if you're interested in that sort of thing.
I hadn't heard of it; I'll take a look. Keychain of Creation got me on humor, not the game setting, but that's hardly the only reason to read.
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
BillionSix

Post by BillionSix »

Wyvern wrote:
ActionKermit wrote:
Wyvern wrote:Or Keychain of Creation, which came to a really cool point and stopped because the artist could no longer draw due to tendonitis. :(

Worth reading, though, as long as you can accept that the last story arc gets only a brief setup.
The artist of Widdershins started another Exalted comic called Manse of Ivy, if you're interested in that sort of thing.
I hadn't heard of it; I'll take a look. Keychain of Creation got me on humor, not the game setting, but that's hardly the only reason to read.
Cool! Someone who remembers Keychain of Creation. In the back of my mind, I kind of wish it would come back.

As for today's pic. I love the scarf. I wish scarves worn like that would come back into style. :)
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

As for still hoping for a site to be resurrected, I still have Sharing a Universe (last updated: August 10, 2008) favorited and check in on it two or three times a week. I've reread it I don't know how many times. http://sharingauniverse.comicgenesis.com/

There was a comment a while back by another reader who had encountered the creator at some event who said that he'd been told by the artist that the reason he'd never tried to continue the story was that after letting things die for as long as he had he was now too embarrassed to try and revive it. Which is a shame because I'd love to see the story completed.
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

BillionSix wrote:As for today's pic. I love the scarf. I wish scarves worn like that would come back into style. :)
There's a scarf in the picture? :lol:
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

Timotheus wrote:Well, shall we start a game of Borogove in the confusion corner?
I'd love to join but am feeling a tad mimsey at the moment.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Real life walloped me in the everywhere(so I really wanna crawl under a rock), but I agree with the crowd.

You and the wee one come first. Feel better, then continue with the arts. Those that don't wanna wait aren't worth the effort to get upset at. Loads of fluids and soups, rest, and return with the art we love.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

I became ill on Monday. I don't actually remember anything of Monday, but it is obviously the day I became ill on. So the Plague of Doom does seem to be going around. I also somehow (I don't know how) managed to sprain an ankle, a hip, and a shoulder, crack several ribs and tear up a hand on Monday. Please keep your emulating of my fine example thoroughly limited, though, and don't go doing any of that. I suspect that the popular consensus is that you're preferred intact around here. Good fortune to you and yours, and an absolute minimum of angry bears.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Timotheus wrote:As for still hoping for a site to be resurrected, I still have Sharing a Universe (last updated: August 10, 2008) favorited and check in on it two or three times a week. I've reread it I don't know how many times. http://sharingauniverse.comicgenesis.com/

There was a comment a while back by another reader who had encountered the creator at some event who said that he'd been told by the artist that the reason he'd never tried to continue the story was that after letting things die for as long as he had he was now too embarrassed to try and revive it. Which is a shame because I'd love to see the story completed.
Thank you for saying that! I've long wondered what happened to that one, and sad to see it go. But the one comic I really miss was called Hellbound. For sheer daffyness and LOL situations, I haven't seen it's match.

"I've seen the Apocalypse -- She's wearing a fuzzy pink sweater."

Oh, how I wish I could explain that punchline.

Happy happy, joy, joy! Somebody put up a memorial Archive! Start at the beginning and avoid having liquids nearby.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Catawampus wrote:I became ill on Monday. I don't actually remember anything of Monday, but it is obviously the day I became ill on. So the Plague of Doom does seem to be going around. I also somehow (I don't know how) managed to sprain an ankle, a hip, and a shoulder, crack several ribs and tear up a hand on Monday. Please keep your emulating of my fine example thoroughly limited, though, and don't go doing any of that. I suspect that the popular consensus is that you're preferred intact around here. Good fortune to you and yours, and an absolute minimum of angry bears.
:shock: Not to sound glib, but have you been checked for a concussion as well? Incurring that many injuries without memory could be a red flag.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Catawampus wrote:I became ill on Monday. I don't actually remember anything of Monday, but it is obviously the day I became ill on. So the Plague of Doom does seem to be going around. I also somehow (I don't know how) managed to sprain an ankle, a hip, and a shoulder, crack several ribs and tear up a hand on Monday. Please keep your emulating of my fine example thoroughly limited, though, and don't go doing any of that. I suspect that the popular consensus is that you're preferred intact around here. Good fortune to you and yours, and an absolute minimum of angry bears.
+1 on the possible concussion dude, that sounds like you got hit with a car or truck. If you drive you might want to take a look at your car.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.