Respected Her 2013-09-19

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Timotheus

Re: Respected Her 2013-09-19

Post by Timotheus »

For some reason I keep expecting Winslow to show up lately.

( If you really want to know http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Winslow )
Last edited by Timotheus on Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
illiad

Post by illiad »

DilyV wrote:Jet and her demons seems to have a problem with running into things... LOL I said she'd be sporting spots by the time she completed that 180!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm glad I got to see this before I have to leave in the morning... sighs... I won't be back till Sunday night...
well, have fun, while we are here biting our nails , with confusion corner beckoning.... :? :?
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

illiad wrote:
DilyV wrote:Jet and her demons seems to have a problem with running into things... LOL I said she'd be sporting spots by the time she completed that 180!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm glad I got to see this before I have to leave in the morning... sighs... I won't be back till Sunday night...
well, have fun, while we are here biting our nails , with confusion corner beckoning.... :? :?
I still don't see the spots. I see the energy surge as she starts the change. I am pretty sure what we see next will be far beyond anything we've seen for the Jaguar girl yet. Being in CSpace which is part of the demon influance her power should be at it's peak, along with her appearance. I think we will see the fur, the tail, the full fangs and claws, the whole nine yards of Monica becoming fully the Jaguar for the first time. Surrounded by astral fire and blazing power over everything in CSpace. Filling the demons with shock and awe to behold such a wonder.

Dang. Went and got poetical on you all. Sorry bout that.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
ActionKermit

Post by ActionKermit »

zachariah wrote: I still don't see the spots. I see the energy surge as she starts the change. I am pretty sure what we see next will be far beyond anything we've seen for the Jaguar girl yet. Being in CSpace which is part of the demon influance her power should be at it's peak, along with her appearance. I think we will see the fur, the tail, the full fangs and claws, the whole nine yards of Monica becoming fully the Jaguar for the first time. Surrounded by astral fire and blazing power over everything in CSpace. Filling the demons with shock and awe to behold such a wonder.

...Followed by Guidance freaking out when her hair gets singed by all the astral fire and they make a desperate attempt to rescue some of it from the flames.
Aleister Crow

Post by Aleister Crow »

"Before this universe"... I keep forgetting the demons didn't loop like everyone else. So I guess Monica's JG powers manifested before the calendar reset in the previous loop, and possibly some of the others? It would explain how Shelley knew so much about it- her previous selves told her.
Whoever coined the phrase "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" obviously never spent an afternoon cramming the little buggers into one.
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

I'm not sure if reboot counts as previous universes ... it was just the galaxy that was rebooted, after all: http://wapsisquare.com/comic/save-the-world-again/ (Don't expect it to make sense, just go with it.)

Previous mention of "planes of existence that have come and gone, long before your universe existed", as that seems kinda relevant right now: http://wapsisquare.com/comic/theyloveyou/

ETA: Mind you, this does not necessarily mean none of the previous Monicas manifested JG powers. Just that, if any did, Guidance didn't know of her. Which makes sense: The window for any Monica-JG to make herself known to Guidance would be relatively brief, seeing as reboot took place in 2012, every time ...
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Sidhekin wrote:I'm not sure if reboot counts as previous universes ... it was just the galaxy that was rebooted, after all: http://wapsisquare.com/comic/save-the-world-again/ (Don't expect it to make sense, just go with it.)

Previous mention of "planes of existence that have come and gone, long before your universe existed", as that seems kinda relevant right now: http://wapsisquare.com/comic/theyloveyou/

ETA: Mind you, this does not necessarily mean none of the previous Monicas manifested JG powers. Just that, if any did, Guidance didn't know of her. Which makes sense: The window for any Monica-JG to make herself known to Guidance would be relatively brief, seeing as reboot took place in 2012, every time ...
Demons don't measure time as we do. I think what guidance is refering to is the inner universe of CSpace they are in. With their prior host it was a different universe. While waiting for re-assignment she would hear about the Jaguar girl. Just keep in mind that time in CSpace does not match up with time in normal space(NSpace) .

Heck let's just name these things once and for all.

LSpace - Library space, the reality the library is in.
TSpace - Titan's base reality they come from.
DSpace - The demon realm that Bud rescued Maya from.

Astral would not get it's own space as it is a higher level of reality of our universe.

What other alternate realities should be named?
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Aleister Crow

Post by Aleister Crow »

zachariah wrote:
Sidhekin wrote:I'm not sure if reboot counts as previous universes ... it was just the galaxy that was rebooted, after all: http://wapsisquare.com/comic/save-the-world-again/ (Don't expect it to make sense, just go with it.)

Demons don't measure time as we do. I think what guidance is refering to is the inner universe of CSpace they are in. With their prior host it was a different universe. While waiting for re-assignment she would hear about the Jaguar girl. Just keep in mind that time in CSpace does not match up with time in normal space(NSpace) .

Astral would not get it's own space as it is a higher level of reality of our universe.

Oh, L-space is bigger than just the Library's reality. Much bigger.
Whoever coined the phrase "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" obviously never spent an afternoon cramming the little buggers into one.
Dave

Post by Dave »

MerchManDan wrote:"Remember ME, Guidance?!? When you saw the Jaguar Girl!! Did she look! LIKE!! THIIIIIIIIIIS!!!!"

Yes, THAT is what entered my mine when I read Mons last line. I don't know why.
Why? Because you have a brilliant and wonderfully-warped mind, sir!

The real question is, do Monica's eyes turn a glowing yellow when she takes on her Jaguar Girl aspect?
Also, Guidance using the terms "good gracious" and "bad-ass" also amuses me.
I find it significant that Guidance is concerned about the ethics of harming people (other than her host), and about the mayhem that free-range demons would create.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

"Did she look like this?"
"I don't know. Could you do some jumping jacks while I think about it?"

It was the worst accident I ever seen. It sounded like a garbage truck dropped off the Empire State Building........
By the time they pulled the Jaguar Girl from the twisted, burning, multi-plot pileup, she looked.... just.... like.... THIS!!
Image GIFSoup
Tell 'em Large Marge sent ya! Ha-ha-ha-haaaa!
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

kingklash wrote:"It sounded like a garbage truck dropped off the Empire State Building........
By the time they pulled the Jaguar Girl from the twisted, burning, multi-plot pileup, she looked.... just.... like.... THIS!!
Tell 'em Large Marge sent ya! Ha-ha-ha-haaaa!

nah, i'm seeing the scene from "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" when the Judge finally reveals who he REALLY is...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Avenger_Reloaded

Post by Avenger_Reloaded »

zachariah wrote:

I thought GPS was confusing before. How do you get it to navigate all of those areas?
Myths which are believed in tend to become true. -George Orwell
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Avenger_Reloaded wrote: I thought GPS was confusing before. How do you get it to navigate all of those areas?
You don't. GPS works by enclosing the earth in a spherical network of satellites which send out signals. Using the signals you can calculate your position inside the sphere. For GPS to work there would require a universe wide network of them. Then they have to be maintained by updating their signals due to the changing space time coordinates on a regular basis. I would do it but I want to be paid mileage.

All it would take is: 12 space mechanics, 11 electron pushers, 10 mathematicians, 9 cooks and helpers, 8 weapons officers, 7 technical ratings, 6 environmental techs, 5 grumpy sergeants, 4 helpful aides, 3 careful pilots, 2 super computers, and one multi-universal drive space ship.

Drops a copy of the world tree map into the pun jar. It can build it's own satellites by now.
(queue the music to 'Come Sail Away'.)
Dave

Post by Dave »

zachariah wrote:
Avenger_Reloaded wrote: I thought GPS was confusing before. How do you get it to navigate all of those areas?
You don't... >snip<

Drops a copy of the world tree map into the pun jar. It can build it's own satellites by now.
(queue the music to 'Come Sail Away'.)
Dave drops a quarter into the jukebox, and queues up Grand Funk Railroad's "I'm Your Captain / Closer To Home".

I've been lost now days uncounted,
And it's months since I've seen home.
Can you hear me? Can you hear me?
Or, am I all alone?

If you return me to my home port,
I will kiss you, Mother Earth!
Take me back now, take me back now,
To the port of my birth.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Dave wrote:
Also, Guidance using the terms "good gracious" and "bad-ass" also amuses me.
I find it significant that Guidance is concerned about the ethics of harming people (other than her host), and about the mayhem that free-range demons would create.
It's been pointed out that "demon" derives from "daemon" - which originally could mean a neutral (or even benign) spirit.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

Monica could not manifest as the Jaguar Girl until she had the Phoenix Blood in her. That was done when she was stabbed in the head with the key blade (which was apparently made of crystallized phoenix blood) during the calendar shut down. None of her previous incarnations could have been a Jaguar girl as the shut downs all failed.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
illiad

Post by illiad »

zachariah wrote: I still don't see the spots. I see the energy surge as she starts the change. I am pretty sure what we see next will be far beyond anything we've seen for the Jaguar girl yet. Being in CSpace which is part of the demon influance her power should be at it's peak, along with her appearance. I think we will see the fur, the tail, the full fangs and claws, the whole nine yards of Monica becoming fully the Jaguar for the first time. Surrounded by astral fire and blazing power over everything in CSpace. Filling the demons with shock and awe to behold such a wonder.

whoopsie, still a day to go, time for paul to send us 'spinning' into the corner over the weekend!!! .. :E

- there are lots of spots on the sun, that cannot be seen due to the extreme brightness...
illiad

Post by illiad »

Timotheus wrote:Monica could not manifest as the Jaguar Girl until she had the Phoenix Blood in her. That was done when she was stabbed in the head with the key blade (which was apparently made of crystallized phoenix blood) during the calendar shut down. None of her previous incarnations could have been a Jaguar girl as the shut downs all failed.
AFAIK, Monica could not do *full* Jaguar girl until she was in the library??

I think this was the first one .. http://wapsisquare.com/comic/pulling-apart/

and just to prove it, they punched her heart out of her chest!! :D http://wapsisquare.com/comic/nice-story/
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

You know what we're going to get tomorrow, right?

One-panel Jaguar Girl full aspect.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

I'm half expecting a scene of Tina propping the two of them up in a corner booth with coffee and scones so they look normal enough that she can open the shop for the lunch crowd.
Nov shmoz ka pop?