Our Guest 2013-09-17

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Yamara

Re: Our Guest 2012-9-17

Post by Yamara »

bmonk wrote:
Dave wrote:../
Reminds me a bit of Dinsdale Piranha... it's the sarcasm, you see.
I always thought it was the litotes.
"He used (heavy pause, terror in his eyes) ... sarcasm ... dramatic irony, metaphor, pathos, puns, parody, litotes and ... ... satire."
Now I want an animation of a giant jaguar head looming out from behind Twin Cities landmarks, and muttering in Monica's voice, "Georgette? Georgette."
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
notStanley

Post by notStanley »

Dave wrote:It's obvious. The Tar is a personification of Georgette's post-traumatic dress disorder.
mmmm, do you owe the Pun Jar a sewing machine, loom, or just a dressmakers dummy?
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

Dave wrote:
bmonk wrote:So, the Tar might be post-traumatic stress disorder?
Close, very close... but no cigar.

Georgette is a supermodel. She succeeded in her career after surviving a terrible airplane crash as a child.

Have you seen some of those horrid creations that models have to wear, and make look attractive?

It's obvious. The Tar is a personification of Georgette's post-traumatic dress disorder.
I hope you threw a Gucci handbag into the Pun Jar for that one.
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

Dave wrote:It's obvious. The Tar is a personification of Georgette's post-traumatic dress disorder.
And once again we see that a pun is its own reword.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

notStanley wrote:
mmmm, do you owe the Pun Jar a sewing machine, loom, or just a dressmakers dummy?

RRReally not the time.

...Monica is tarstruck.

Ahem. If Monica "saw Georgette" and she's the one that "wanted more" then The Tar is Georgette. It really couldn't be more graphically stated.

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/nevercontrol/
http://wapsisquare.com/comic/imstillinhere/
http://wapsisquare.com/comic/haveusback/ + http://wapsisquare.com/comic/talkingaboutyourse/

Monica's soul is healthy and awake now, but she has astral fire on her side.

Innocents dying in turmoil create nu gui, but what happens when an innocent doesn't quite die? It's mired with experience.

PunPal has charged me a fourth bowling ball and a different lane.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

bmonk wrote: So, the Tar might be post-traumatic stress disorder?
Only one problem with that - shouldn't Monica have had "tar" in her demons, then? Or was that the coating on Doubt when she made her first appearance?
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
ActionKermit

Post by ActionKermit »

I get the sense that Jet stays in modeling because her family was flying her to a shoot when the plane went down, and she feels like their deaths would be meaningless if she didn't succeed in the industry. But she hates modeling because of how the fame distorts people's reactions, prevents her from making good friends, having good fights, or doing any of the other things she wants to do. She feels stuck. Hence, tar.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

ActionKermit wrote:I get the sense that Jet stays in modeling because her family was flying her to a shoot when the plane went down, and she feels like their deaths would be meaningless if she didn't succeed in the industry. But she hates modeling because of how the fame distorts people's reactions, prevents her from making good friends, having good fights, or doing any of the other things she wants to do. She feels stuck. Hence, tar.
Ahhhh I see... Post tarmatic stress disorder... that clarifies things.

*drops a bottle of goo-gone in the pun jar*
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Dave wrote:
txmystic wrote:Anger sounds angry...I suppose she can't sound any other way.
Oh, I'm sure she has plenty of emotional scope and range in her communications.
  • Angry.
  • Furious.
  • Mildly irritated.
  • Thoroughly pissed off.
  • 'Roid ragin'
  • Slightly miffed.
  • Steamed.
  • Homicidally amok.
Sounds like somebody's been playing Carmageddon II: Carpocalypse Now!
Wdot wrote:I'm enjoying everyone's comments. This arc has kept me spinning from the start, so I don't have much to say other than I'm over in the corner drinking coffee and listening to the conversations.
Same here. I wonder what sorts of cream cheese Mucho Mocha offers with their bagels...
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Was re-reading the calendar machine parts and ran across this one... Even Brandi seems to have had her shadow look...

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/already-there/
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Tsillah better not wander in and say "Oh, hey, thanks Monica! This one's been avoiding us for years!"
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Dave

Post by Dave »

MerchManDan wrote:Sounds like somebody's been playing Carmageddon II: Carpocalypse Now!
Oddly enough, I'd never heard of it until now. Sure does seem appropriate for Anger, though!
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

And I was wandering at random through the archives and stumbled upon this: http://wapsisquare.com/comic/get-things-sorte/
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

I was at work when I came to the realization Georgette is a Wookie. You may be asking yourself "What is this guy smoking?". I know she doesn't look hairy, but I'm telling you people she is Tar-full.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Ugh! I have been hitting refresh repeatedly for that?!
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

You know, these last couple of threads, everybody's covered all the points I wanted to comment on. Until the Tar-full line.
*Makes Snoopy face* BLEAAGGH!
scantrontb

Re: Our Guest 2013-09-17

Post by scantrontb »

Fairportfan wrote:So that was Anger

Also, "Georgette's covey".

Check.

Monica's Lust is rather refined compared to Georgette's.
scantrontb wrote:WHERE are you people seeing the Demon: Anger?... all I see the the Tar and Guidance... yes Guidance is angry at the Tar in panel three, but that's just like when Monica's Doubt was being angry at M for doing Doubts job for her... it was still Doubt, she CAN be angry too without giving up her JOB as Doubt, it's just that she slightly changed her appearance when yelling at Monica... I see that same thing going on here, those panels are both Guidance, but when she got angry at the Tar, she showed it by changing appearances. therefore, I posit that we have NOT seen Anger... Yet... and when we do, that it WILL be OBVIOUS that it's a different Demon...
Yep, well I stand corrected, they were separate demons after all... Oh Well... I would have lost any Moxana Points that I might have bet. good thing I didn't bet, huh...

I still have hopes for being right about the new gooey thing being a Nu Gui (I wonder what the population of the Ethethians was at the time of their storage? that could be an awful lot of babies to get turned into Nu Gui's.)... though it could also just be 12 Year old Jet mired in a black funk of the memory of her parents death, like Jay-Em and others have already said... though in order to show it/her that what she did to Monica was wrong... one would have to wonder about how does one go about with the "birds and the bees" speech with a blob of tar?
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

DilyV wrote:Ahhhh I see... Post tarmatic stress disorder... that clarifies things.

*drops a bottle of goo-gone in the pun jar*
That would mean that the airplane crashed at the airport? That's where the tarmac usually is found....
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Just to be a nit-picker = "tarmac" is found a lot of places; it's another term for "macadam", or asphalt pavement...
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

In a Deep Voice...
Mons-dale,
Tins-dale,
Jins-dale,
Shells-dale,
Brans-dale,
Buds-dale,

Take your pick.

Also, I'll be mopping the confusion corner with my own special concoction for removing tar from linoleum. 1/8 cup kerosene + 1/8 cup Dawn detergent + 2 caps of floor soap and a splash of bleach in 2 1/2 gallons of water. Took a couple years to develop that while working as a floor man at the hospital but it was a necessary item every year when they resealed the asphalt.
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?