She Said No 2013-09-13

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
DilyV

She Said No 2013-09-13

Post by DilyV »

WTF????

Holy crap!!!! What the heck is going on here? I know this is a dream sequence, but what kind of creature is Jet?

I get the feeling that Tina is the other person talking here... and somehow she feels she might have some control over whatever Jet is... in the end, She's gonna have some splainin' to do!
Last edited by DilyV on Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Stigmartyr762

Re: 2013-09-13 She Said No

Post by Stigmartyr762 »

Tina's good intentions may have backfired horribly. :shock:
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Cheesy1

Post by Cheesy1 »

Not sure what the blob rape monster is, but I'm betting that the person coming to save her is the real Jet. She might be hot for Monica, but I'm pretty sure she would still want it to be a mutual thing.
Ginkage

Post by Ginkage »

Cheesy1 wrote:Not sure what the blob rape monster is, but I'm betting that the person coming to save her is the real Jet. She might be hot for Monica, but I'm pretty sure she would still want it to be a mutual thing.
I had a similar thought and then yours had me expanding on it. If it -is- the real Jet, then what we're seeing might be the toxic side of her emotions that she doesn't want to acknowledge. Those things have a bad habit of breaking through at the worst times and are a bitch to control once they're loose.
Snarky McSnarkypants of Greater Snarkville who is Snarkmaster General for the US Snark Office.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

This is just a dream and like all dreams it uses symbolism that may never make sense. Here I think we are looking at the merging of two strong wills into one to get things out in the open. Monica and Jet have both been hiding from themselves the pain and suffering that their childhoods had given them after all. With all the time that has passed that emotion has got to be under so much pressure that it has become an emotional armor and that is not healthy for anyone.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Dis-TUR-bing!!!

To this guy, at least. Wow, there seem to be some very toxic intentions and emotions that have accumulated in this neighborhood. I get the feeling that there's the psychic equivalent of a Superfund site that nobody noticed until now.

Paul just keeps cranking up the intensity of the Friday cliffhangers! :shock:
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Holy Shit....

I think we may just met the other covey of demons like Tina... In the plane crash, what do you want to bet that the blood on Jet's sister... was Jet's... :shock: How much you wanna bet that Jet's demons inhabited Jet's body when Jet's soul fled... Just like Tina's did... and kept her body animated.

I find myself agreeing that this is the toxic side of the emotions... but... I really think that this is the 'other' that Phix referred to....
Last edited by DilyV on Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Cheesy1 wrote:Not sure what the blob rape monster is, but I'm betting that the person coming to save her is the real Jet. She might be hot for Monica, but I'm pretty sure she would still want it to be a mutual thing.

My thoughts also, the "real" Jet is the off-screen voice. Of course since this is partially inside Jet's mind they both are the "real" Jet, just one is the repressed negative emotions and the other is her "outside" persona.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Opus the Poet wrote:Of course since this is partially inside Jet's mind they both are the "real" Jet, just one is the repressed negative emotions and the other is her "outside" persona.
Emoticlones
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
jeffepp

Post by jeffepp »

What's doing Whom to Where?
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Hmmm! Methinks this is a MonicaVision event, based on suppressed desires.

M admired Jet's life as a model, at least until she learned more about it at Amanda's photoshoot. Later, Jet's brief "HelloHowAreYouLet'sDoLunchKTHXBYE" meeting rather turned Monica off toward Jet as stuck up and out of touch. Then Tina calls for help, she rushes to the rescue and finds -- Jet! Then the MonicaVision kicks in.

But - Jet never touched her!

So, while Jet and Monica are both asleep, out come the desires -- and perhaps the demons? Jet probably has a few, no doubt!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
meisdadoo

Post by meisdadoo »

Looking more and more like succubus to me, but what do I know. Its not like I used to be married to one. . . . :roll:
Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

We've just crossed over into those independent "Artsy Mind Scape Image" comic books that I try to avoid at the Cons. I'll be back later.

"When the bodies start oozing, my eyes you're losing."
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Paul sawed my branch off. But all of us are used to this by now. Luckily I took a parachute along. lol. Note I did not get it from ACME.

This is turning somewhere I don't like. So will be back Monday. Enjoy the weekend psychoanalyzing this.
Last edited by zachariah on Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
TlalocW

Post by TlalocW »

Interesting... It takes approximately 12 years for a web-cartoonist to go completely loony...

:)

TlalocW
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Georgette is merging with Monica.

A new entity is going to arise.

Jet Jaguar Girl is born!
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

I don't know... My mind keeps running back to a couple of sequences involving Tina beginning with this one in particular... http://wapsisquare.com/comic/theirownagendas/ Read through the eight to ten strips beginning with that one and you'll see Tina and Monica coming to grips with who Tina is and what the rats are.

Then there's this one that's bothering me... but I can't find it... Phix mentions that there is another like Tina... but doesn't say who or what it is... and I can't find the strip... It all kinda fits in to this mess... I remembered when it was said that Paul adds in little things that seem like throwaways but are actually forebodings...

scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

umm... yeah, this is turning out rather trippy, and not in a good way either... lately, I'm also not really a fan of the direction the comic seems to be heading towards either, i miss the days of the Fermented Banana, and the Drunk GG's.... Ultimately, in hind-sight it may make perfect sense, and as Tina says "you'll thank me later" but for the moment... not so much, today's comic especially...

P.S. DilyV, it's not a big deal, but you should edit your first post to swap the date and comic name in the title to conform with the forums rules (as posted in red, above) ...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

Could very well be. I'd go even further.

Given there's always something below the pure dream, that is -more often than not- completely different from the "imagery" an sich, it's a goood bet that there's more going on.

After a bit of pondering, I feel that blobby could be one of Georgette's demons. Georgette doesn't strike me as one that has her Demons "in her backpocket" contrary to Monica.

Maybe Georgette instinctively feels that Monica can more or less control her demons, and wants something of that, but has no idea how to attain that. I feel that Georgette is used to getting everything on a silver platter, being a famous model and all, and has no idea how to go about réally getting things done for herself.

Her pondering about "faking death" is imho a signal that she wants some control over her life back. On the Dreamplane, a demon of hers tries to forcibly get control over aspects of Monica, aspects Georgette desperately craves. However, seeing the visceral, rapist-like way one of her demons goes about attaining that aspect, shocks de "good"parts of Georgette to her core, and she suddenly realizes she has to stop letting the "bad"demon do fór her, that her "good"side could learn in a far more pleasant way.

So, Yes, I believe it's "good Jet" 's demons that are going to take over on the dream-plane Jet and M are currently in.

If that makes any sense at all...

Or it's this:
DilyV wrote:I don't know... My mind keeps running back to a couple of sequences involving Tina beginning with this one in particular... http://wapsisquare.com/comic/theirownagendas/ Read through the eight to ten strips beginning with that one and you'll see Tina and Monica coming to grips with who Tina is and what the rats are.

Then there's this one that's bothering me... but I can't find it... Phix mentions that there is another like Tina... but doesn't say who or what it is... and I can't find the strip... It all kinda fits in to this mess... I remembered when it was said that Paul adds in little things that seem like throwaways but are actually forebodings...
Georgette could have "died"too in the plane crash. There is mentioning of all the blood on her, and no mentioning who's blood it is. If it was hers...
If the plane crash was at the exáct moment of the conflagration of the Jin/Monica/Tina-thing, maybe there was a giant demon-roaming-shuffeling thing going on..

Makes sense, in an odd way..
Last edited by Jay-Em on Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Could be several things here....
1) As posted above, Jet's soul has fled, the rats are running the ship, and this is your Cruise Director "Lust".

2) Jet's soul is alive but unconscious, and the inner demons are seizing the chance for a fling in DreamTime.

3) Jet's soul is just fine, and is the voice speaking offstage herding up stray demons.

4) The offstage voice is Jaguar Girl....

Or, Not.
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville