She Said No 2013-09-13

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Sidhekin

Re: 2013-09-13 She Said No

Post by Sidhekin »

Demons, you say? So, is that Jet's Libido?
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
illiad

Post by illiad »

phew, this is getting **Freudian**.... :o :shock: :oops:
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Wow. I guess nobody reads my posts.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

NOTDilbert wrote:Could be several things here....
1) As posted above, Jet's soul has fled, the rats are running the ship, and this is your Cruise Director "Lust".

2) Jet's soul is alive but unconscious, and the inner demons are seizing the chance for a fling in DreamTime.

3) Jet's soul is just fine, and is the voice speaking offstage herding up stray demons.

4) The offstage voice is Jaguar Girl....

Or, Not.
I understood initially that the offstage voice was Tina... but reading some of the responses here, it could very well be Jet's good side. One thing is for sure... something is very wrong here. If it IS demons trying to enter Monica, I'm sure that JG and monica's demons are about to have a field day ejecting them... or repelling them!
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Fairportfan wrote:Wow. I guess nobody reads my posts.
Jetuar Girl!!! lol
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

It's because none of them are wearing slips.

Depositions a foundation and a bustier in the pun jar.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
pcj70

Post by pcj70 »

Fairportfan wrote:Georgette is merging with Monica.

A new entity is going to arise.

Jet Jaguar Girl is born!

One way or the other, I think this will be more disturbing than that. There is a lot of boundaries being crossed both & psychological Identity invasion and psychic violence are evident, the violations are opening new and old wounds - and only a demon barista's implied word that this will be cathartic. More upsetting than i had thought, but more interesting as well.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

TlalocW wrote:Interesting... It takes approximately 12 years for a web-cartoonist to go completely loony...

:)

TlalocW
Pfft, hardly. As grimdark as this is, Paul's been drawing mind-bending stuff for quite a long time.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
txmystic

Re: She Said No 2013-09-13

Post by txmystic »

Oh SNAP!

(Cronut drops, maw agape)

So I like the speculation...is it blackWing monitoring things or is that the "real" Jet talking? Either way, the most interesting takeaway from today's edition is the fact that Monica clearly seems to be the one controlling the activity while believing something else is control.

Maybe she's still not fully aware of her own power...maybe this experience will eventually lead to a catharsis, both for Monica and for Jet. I just hope nobody gets too terribly hurt in the process.

Now where's my Cronut? I call five second rule!
illiad

Post by illiad »

well, you haven't actually mentioned him by name... :E and I am from a Scottish background with a lot of European mainly Portuguese influence, so a lot more relaxed about that stuff than most USA.... :P
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

You forget the time my friend. But in this case I payed the Pun Vault with a copy of Godzilla vs. Megalon on your behalf.
Last edited by Mark N on Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Bardon

Post by Bardon »

I have to say, I've been a reader for many years now but I've never felt the need to register until today.

The way this story arc is going is frankly disturbing. We're seeing repeated incidents of what I can only describe as a mental sexual predator facing no repercussions, and that's not what I expect from a webcomic described by it's author as "a blend of humor and macabre undertones". I'm not seeing much if any humor lately and the macabre undertones have taken over.

I fully realise that this strip does not exist to cater to my personal viewpoint and statements like "I will no longer read your webcomic" are laughable at best, and that's not what I'm trying to say here. I just wanted to state that while all good webcomics evolve, I'm not comfortable with the direction this one is going. I also freely admit that I may be totally misinterpreting what's been happening recently, and I'm more than happy to be shown otherwise if there's evidence thereof.

We now return you to your regular viewing and discussion!
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

Yeah, this page is obviously not meant to be funny nor comfortable.

I'll be sticking around for the story and the characters (trusting the author to carry this through), but I can easily see how the discomfort and lack of fun could drive people away, particularly if they came for the funny. I don't blame them any more than I blame the comic. I can even understand (if not condone) if it comes to harsh words; I can see how it would feel like being stringed along. Hey, it's still often kinda funny, right?

It seems a common pattern, as comics evolve, to start out funny and light-hearted, and then journey into deep darkness. (Of course, not all comics start out funny. Nor do all that do, take that path: Down the other path lies Garfield. And of course, some just come to an end before the paths divide.) But just because it is common, it doesn't follow that it is for everyone.

I don't mean to drive anyone away, either. Even if you came for the funny, you could wind up staying for the characters and the plot. But I don't think the comic will go back to being a whimsical, non-consequential, slice-of-supernatural-life comic. Once down that path, comics don't tend to go back.
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Bardon wrote:We're seeing repeated incidents of what I can only describe as a mental sexual predator facing no repercussions
Yet. "No repercussions YET." People always leave out that part; I don't know why, it's very important.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
ActionKermit

Post by ActionKermit »

Bardon

Post by Bardon »

MerchManDan wrote:
Bardon wrote:We're seeing repeated incidents of what I can only describe as a mental sexual predator facing no repercussions
Yet. "No repercussions YET." People always leave out that part; I don't know why, it's very important.
Well, there were no repercussions for the first incident. I suppose we need to see if that's repeated or not.
Sideromelane

Post by Sideromelane »

This is a remarkably disturbing turn of events, and this latest... woah.

I mean, I know it's probably not intended as such, but this puts me way too much in mind of certain, ah... Damn, I feel like at least one person is going to be scarred by me mentioning this, but frankly this comic is full of things nasty people like me find appealing so some of you probably already know - This looks almost like something referred to among the vore community as Unbirth. And that, in this comic, is a VERY disturbing thing.

I mean, Phix eating some idiot, THAT was sexy. This is just creepy.
We might die and be destroyed. But we do not surrender, and we never -- Ever -- Quit.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

illiad wrote:
well, you haven't actually mentioned him by name... :E and I am from a Scottish background with a lot of European mainly Portuguese influence, so a lot more relaxed about that stuff than most USA.... :P
Huh?

Jet Jaguar

I'm old.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
TlalocW

Post by TlalocW »

Fairportfan wrote:
illiad wrote:
Huh?

Jet Jaguar

I'm old.
Here's his theme song... translated.

TlalocW
ActionKermit

Post by ActionKermit »

I'm waiting for M's demons to make an appearance and start a rumble with the goo monster, like in Prudentius' Psychomachia.