She Wants You 2013-09-05

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

She Wants You 2013-09-05

Post by AmriloJim »

Jet seems to be a source of sensory overload for both M and Tina.
Fairportfan

Re: She Wants You 2013-09-05

Post by Fairportfan »

Oopsie.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
displaced

Post by displaced »

not sure what to call her. an empath feels what others feel, she's projecting her feelings into others.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Y'all called it, guys (zachariah and DilyV, I think?). She's a projective empath/telepath (I like Spider Robinson's portmanteau term "telempath"), and at the moment it seems that she's shouting.

I wonder whether she knew about this ability/characteristic, or whether it's as much of a surprise to her as it was to Tina and Monica?
Last edited by Dave on Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Hmmm! Tina sensed Jets deepest needs, and projected them onto Monica -- and Monica, being sensitive, saw them as real!

At least, that's my take on this.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

displaced wrote:not sure what to call her. an empath feels what others feel, she's projecting her feelings into others.
Dave wrote:Y'all called it, guys (zachariah and DilyV, I think?). She's a projective empath/telepath, and at the moment it seems that she's shouting.
"Projective empath" has a nice ring. Antonyms sure don't work... I can only find 'sociopath' v. 'empath' and 'apathy' v. 'empathy'.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Hehe, somebody looks embarrassed.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Dave

Post by Dave »

shadowinthelight wrote:Hehe, somebody looks embarrassed.
She blushes cutely, too.

Interesting that it's one specific entity within Tina saying "She needs you. She wants you." It's not the whole collective speaking. Is this the same single speaker who said "Intriguing!" to Georgette during the big involuntary reading?
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Atomic wrote:Hmmm! Tina sensed Jets deepest needs, and projected them onto Monica -- and Monica, being sensitive, saw them as real!

I take it as she projected unknowingly and overwhelmed Tina, thus the reading. Monica poits in and she too reacts to the projects from Georgette. Tina did not have to boost the signal as Monica picked it up herself. So either Monica's ability to sense emotions and things increased, or Georgette is a lot strong than we thought. Tina does not know of Monica's ability to see a person's deepest fears but that ability has to figure into this as well.

But why is Georgette getting even more embarrassed by what Tina said. Does the thought She needs and want Monica bother her than much? Or is it too revealing?
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

zachariah wrote:
Atomic wrote:Hmmm! Tina sensed Jets deepest needs, and projected them onto Monica -- and Monica, being sensitive, saw them as real!

I take it as she projected unknowingly and overwhelmed Tina, thus the reading. Monica poits in and she too reacts to the projects from Georgette. Tina did not have to boost the signal as Monica picked it up herself. So either Monica's ability to sense emotions and things increased, or Georgette is a lot strong than we thought. Tina does not know of Monica's ability to see a person's deepest fears but that ability has to figure into this as well.

But why is Georgette getting even more embarrassed by what Tina said. Does the thought She needs and want Monica bother her than much? Or is it too revealing?
It's like outing a secret crush times about a billion...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
txmystic

Post by txmystic »

"Intriguing" demon has spoken up again...

Jet could be harboring some kind of emotional vampirism. Perhaps without even realizing it, she seems to not only be broadcasting her needs, but detecting those who can understand and then extracting it somehow. I'm still thinking something from the demon realm might have attached itself to her during the trauma of the plane crash, or perhaps it was already there and awakened at that moment...

I said, pass the brats!
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Okay so when Tina says Georgette 'needs' and 'wants' Monica.....??? :? We're NOT talking Girl on Girl like the dream but whatever it is, Its embarrassing "G". And it looks like we may have a new 'Play-ah' on The Team.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Oh, and,
♫ ...but there's no way she's ever gonna love you,
so don't be sad...♪
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

txmystic wrote:"Intriguing" demon has spoken up again...

Jet could be harboring some kind of emotional vampirism. Perhaps without even realizing it, she seems to not only be broadcasting her needs, but detecting those who can understand and then extracting it somehow. I'm still thinking something from the demon realm might have attached itself to her during the trauma of the plane crash, or perhaps it was already there and awakened at that moment...

I said, pass the brats!
Nothing attached. I can't see Paul bringing in another Bu Gui any time soon. One was enough thank you.

Emotional Vampire: that's a reach. If such a thing did exist, I'm not saying it can't but I rally doubt it, it would feed on the stronger darker emotions. Fear, anger, hate, terror, rage, etc. Love is very strong but if it fed on that it would refrain from doing so.Also Georgette has not shown the sociopathic traits that a being which sought unearned love would exhibit.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

TheDOCTOR wrote:Okay so when Tina says Georgette 'needs' and 'wants' Monica.....??? :? We're NOT talking Girl on Girl like the dream but whatever it is, Its embarrassing "G". And it looks like we may have a new 'Play-ah' on The Team.
I agree with you completely. And with this new player they get a new place to relax in, Jill's pub.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

I really hope Georgette doesn't turn out to be paranormal in nature, I think what is going on so far can still be explained with her being mundane. Tina regularly reads people so that means normal individuals broadcast something regularly even if they aren't aware of it. I think Jet's emotional state is just so strong right now that what is coming out has overwhelmed our two paranormal receptors.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Jabberwonky wrote:♫ ...but there's no way she's ever gonna love you,
so don't be sad...♪
♫'Cause two out of three ain't bad!♪
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

MerchManDan wrote:
so don't be sad...♪
Meatloaf for dinner? AGAIN!?
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Jabberwonky wrote:
MerchManDan wrote:
so don't be sad...♪
Meatloaf for dinner? AGAIN!?
Of course. It's an American classic after all. It is served all the time. Sadly this even includes elevators where it not very uplifting.
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

MerchManDan wrote:
so don't be sad...♪
♫ She wants you ♪
♫ She wants you so bad ♪
♫ She wants you ♪
♫ She wants you so bad ♪
♫ It's driving me mad, it's driving me mad ♪