Out of the blue 2013-09-03

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
zachariah

Out of the blue 2013-09-03

Post by zachariah »

Monica reacts in surprise and shock. Just like she did when the Gorgon kissed her. M has shown before she does not react quickly when taken by surprise this way but she has reacted that way afterwards. Or at least when thawed out. Now the explains will pour out.
Last edited by zachariah on Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Atomic

Re: Out of the blue 2013-08-03

Post by Atomic »

Jaguar having a tasty nibble -- Model getting some reassurance.

Nothing to see here folks. Move along.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Stunned shock and surprise that this is no longer August ...

And so is Monica.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Note defensive stance of Monica in last panel. The kiss surprised her and she reacted to it without thinking. Then she realized what happened. then she backs off is shock and surprise. Not the best react but it is consistent for Monica.

How many were hoping for Monica to handle this better?

Poor Tina. Now she is going to blame herself for this as well as this was all sparked by what she did.
Last edited by zachariah on Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

I think both of them are a bit startled...
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

zachariah wrote:Note defensive stance of Monica in last panel. The kiss surprised her and she reacted to it without thinking. Then she realized what happened. then she backs off is shock and surprise. Not the best react but it is consistent for Monica.

I think Monica still has some getting used to having something akin to empathic abilities now. That talent took over before her rational mind could react to it and now she is in shock.. Poor Jet, just have to hope that she was carried away by the moment and is not actually in romantic love with M. :|
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Monica: What the hell was that?

Jet: I don't know... (impish smile) but I think we should do it again to try and figure it out...

LOL

I have a weird feeling that not all is as it seems... Is it just me, or does it appear that Jet's dream sequence got projected in ultra reality to Monica? Has becoming the Jaguar Girl amped up her empathic abilities?
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

And as she realizes what's going on, her feline features come back.
Monica wrote:What the hell was that?!
Something that would have been most appropriate during sweeps week is what that was.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Mark N wrote:
zachariah wrote:Note defensive stance of Monica in last panel. The kiss surprised her and she reacted to it without thinking. Then she realized what happened. then she backs off is shock and surprise. Not the best react but it is consistent for Monica.

I think Monica still has some getting used to having something akin to empathic abilities now. That talent took over before her rational mind could react to it and now she is in shock.. Poor Jet, just have to hope that she was carried away by the moment and is not actually in romantic love with M. :|
Ninja'd me by a bit on the empathic question Mark!!! hehehee

Dave

Post by Dave »

Well, the jaguar marks are back, and Monica seems to have either poited or levitated straight back by several feet in an instant. You're right, zachariah - that's definitely a defensive posture.

They both look rather startled in panel 3... which may support peoples's suppositions that The Clinch wasn't entirely a fully-informed-and- intentional action on Georgette's part. I wonder whether Tina's "You need Monica!" was inadvertently so powerful that it acted as a compulsion both on Georgette, and indirectly on Monica? They both look as if they're snapping out of a daze of some sort in that panel.

At least M didn't burst into flame and singe Georgette's blouse!
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Georgette, you got some 'splainin' to do!!
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Atomic wrote:Jaguar having a tasty nibble -- Model getting some reassurance.

It looks like Jet is the one taking a tasty nibble of Monica's lower lip...

I'm getting the feeling that there may have been a meeting embrace... a hug if you will, but it appears that the kiss may have been Jet's empathic projection and caught Monica totally off guard... even if t may have been rather enjoyable for a moment... or three...

Stigmartyr762

Post by Stigmartyr762 »

Monica kissed a girl and she liked it.....not that she'd admit.

BUT we know better. ;p
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Yamara

Re: Out of the blue 2013-09-03

Post by Yamara »

Opus the Poet wrote:Stunned shock and surprise that this is no longer August ...

And so is Monica.
Step out the front door like a ghost into the fog
Where no one notices the contrast of white on white
In between the moon and you, angels get a better view
Of the crumbling difference between wrong and right

August and everything after...

This is an enumerated power. Monica is her own doorway, with the ability to communicate with the Land of the Dead.

So the correct answer to Monica's question, in any context, is: "Awesome. Do that again."
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

And Georgette might now say: "What the hell was that? What the hell was that water drop sound and you appearing in a fiery ... something?!"
I think Tina knows the answers here and will soon educate both parties as to the meaning of "that." And that other.

In any event, Georgette is about to be dragged down the bunny hole. Possibly the beginning of the new life she craved.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Cue Mr. Barry White! :twisted: Yeah,judging by the third panel, which looks like someone waking from a dream,The top two panels were some type of dream/fantasy-deal of Georgettes that Monica somehow was caught up in,and by surprise from her reaction. I don't know. Perhaps I should go back and Look this strip over again..and again.....sloooowly........just to be thorough. ;)
HiFranc

Post by HiFranc »

I got the impression that the first two panels were a dream as well. If that's the case, how does Monica explain how she knows what's on Georgette's mind?
Francisco
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

TheDOCTOR wrote:Cue Mr. Barry White! :twisted:
Barry White would have been playing for the previous two pages. Today's soundtrack is a record scratch.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

DilyV wrote:
Atomic wrote:Jaguar having a tasty nibble -- Model getting some reassurance.

It looks like Jet is the one taking a tasty nibble of Monica's lower lip...

I'm getting the feeling that there may have been a meeting embrace... a hug if you will, but it appears that the kiss may have been Jet's empathic projection and caught Monica totally off guard... even if t may have been rather enjoyable for a moment... or three...
That was no meeting embrace gone wrong. That is the kind of thing Kevin would do after a long separation from Monica and he meets her privately. Georgette with for the clinch with no holds barred! Monica is not into girls but this took her by surprise. She came in ready for battle, not a hot kiss out of nowhere. Of course she was surprised. Now she retreats because her personal space was totally invaded and her personal boundaries destroyed. The reaction is a surprise to Georgette though whether it is about how Monica reacted or about what she did is not clear.
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

Monica dear, you know what that was. You want to know why.
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.