Out of the blue 2013-09-03

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Prester Fred

Re: Out of the blue 2013-08-03

Post by Prester Fred »

Note the thick borders on the first three panels. Oddly enough, those same thick lines border Georgette's hair. The last panel is normal, but the hair is still oddly bordered. I...don't know what that means. Yet.

But it looks like I was right yesterday; the kiss was in 'Jette's mind. But somehow Monica got pulled into it as well.

Incidentally, apropos of nothing, but isn't giving a woman whose parents died in a plane crash the nickname "Jet" kind of...insensitive? To put it mildly?
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Prester Fred wrote:Note the thick borders on the first three panels. Oddly enough, those same thick lines border Georgette's hair. The last panel is normal, but the hair is still oddly bordered. I...don't know what that means. Yet.

But it looks like I was right yesterday; the kiss was in 'Jette's mind. But somehow Monica got pulled into it as well.

Incidentally, apropos of nothing, but isn't giving a woman whose parents died in a plane crash the nickname "Jet" kind of...insensitive? To put it mildly?
Tell me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it Her sister that gave her the nickname? We're just following suit, Georgette won't mind; she's a comic strip character, and Jet is a heck of a lot easier to type than Georgette every time we talk about her!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

wwf, for yesterday's, wrote:I can't think of anything that would go through Monica's mind that would accept the situation enough to close her eyes.
That's assuming she's in her right mind, isn't it?
Prester Fred wrote:But it looks like I was right yesterday; the kiss was in 'Jette's mind. But somehow Monica got pulled into it as well.
I'm so not sure how, where, or even if the kiss happened.
Monica wrote:What the hell was that?
My thoughts exactly.
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

For whatever it's worth, Monica never lost the Jaguar marks on her face. They are there during the kiss scene and just before.

(Let's see, fresh popcorn, new pot of coffee, soda and beer taps are pressurized and chiller working, brat broiler and bun toaster hot, pastry shelves filled, vending machine loaded and change rack filled, microwave cleaned, massage loungers plugged in, fire place wood stacked, white board cleaned, screaming balcony door unlocked. Check. The Confusion Corner is ready for the rest of the week.)
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
HiFranc

Post by HiFranc »

Timotheus wrote:For whatever it's worth, Monica never lost the Jaguar marks on her face. They are there during the kiss scene and just before.
I treat the single image pages as fillers so I think we can safely ignore them (and those marks are not in the images of the first two panels today).
Francisco
txmystic

Post by txmystic »

Monica wrote:What the hell was that?
To what is she referring, the kiss itself, or how long it took before she reacted? Whether it be empathy, genuine attraction, or something else, Monica did not immediately break it off.
Timotheus wrote:(Let's see, fresh popcorn, new pot of coffee, soda and beer taps are pressurized and chiller working, brat broiler and bun toaster hot, pastry shelves filled, vending machine loaded and change rack filled, microwave cleaned, massage loungers plugged in, fire place wood stacked, white board cleaned, screaming balcony door unlocked. Check. The Confusion Corner is ready for the rest of the week.)
Thank the gods of confusion...I brought dijon mustard, truffle-infused brillat savarin, and fresh baguettes.
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

Uh oh, fangs are back.

And an angry latina. Good luck with that one Georgette..
Timotheus wrote:For whatever it's worth, Monica never lost the Jaguar marks on her face. They are there during the kiss scene and just before.

(Let's see, fresh popcorn, new pot of coffee, soda and beer taps are pressurized and chiller working, brat broiler and bun toaster hot, pastry shelves filled, vending machine loaded and change rack filled, microwave cleaned, massage loungers plugged in, fire place wood stacked, white board cleaned, screaming balcony door unlocked. Check. The Confusion Corner is ready for the rest of the week.)
..And I am already claiming my little place by the window..
DilyV wrote:Monica: What the hell was that?

Jet: I don't know... (impish smile) but I think we should do it again to try and figure it out...

LOL

I have a weird feeling that not all is as it seems... Is it just me, or does it appear that Jet's dream sequence got projected in ultra reality to Monica? Has becoming the Jaguar Girl amped up her empathic abilities?
I suddenly had the same thought here. No marks in the regular frames, but marks and fangs in full-force in the last frame. M involuntarily "snooped" into Georgette's mind, me thinks.

Another "jaguar Girl" gift.
Last edited by Jay-Em on Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
The Old Wolf

Post by The Old Wolf »

Waiting to see what the hell that was. Mind-melding? Empathy? Mad, abandoned impulse?
Whatever the case, it was a delightful interlude...
“Make the world work, for 100% of humanity, in the shortest possible time, through spontaneous cooperation, without ecological offense or the disadvantage of anyone.”
-R. Buckminster Fuller
---------------
Playing in the World Game
ActionKermit

Post by ActionKermit »

Someone needs to have a level head in this situation so that the various problems can de-escalate. M may be the person that Jet needed to see, but level-headed she is not.
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Jay-Em wrote:I suddenly had the same thought here. No marks in the regular frames, but marks and fangs in full-force in the last frame. M involuntarily "snooped" into Georgette's mind, me thinks.

Good point. I think M's telepathy is (still) limited to her golems, but this could be the power Shelly didn't list, the ability to see anyone's worst fear.

Kissing Monica is Jet's worst fear?

Or paying for favors with sex or affection is her worst fear. After all, what else would she have to offer a divine being capable of communicating with her dead parents? She'd gladly fight or die to speak with them again, but put on the casting couch by Tezcatlipoca would be a unique terror.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
chicgeek

Post by chicgeek »

Heh, yesterday I said Monica would respond with a 'WHAT THE HELL?" So, it's a 'What the frig!?" instead. Close enough.^_^
Bud_Fanboi

Post by Bud_Fanboi »

Words fail me right now, so I'll let Jayne Cobb take over

zachariah

Post by zachariah »

The nickname Jet probably has two sources. One she is always traveling at high speed, even as a kid. Always moving, going, and doing. Thus her sister nicknamed her. The other choice is a shortened form of her name G'ette which was easily shortened to Jet as the G sound can often sound like a J. So instead of calling for Georgette she called. 'Hey Jet! Get you butt home for supper!'

While Jet may be easier to type it can also be confusing to those who don't know about it. Though that cannot be many the number of times it has been explained. I'll stick to Georgette simply by preference.

I wonder if Georgette could be a projective empath without knowing it.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Yamara wrote:
Jay-Em wrote:Another "jaguar Girl" gift.
Good point. I think M's telepathy is (still) limited to her golems, but this could be the power Shelly didn't list, the ability to see anyone's worst fear.

Excellent catch! I'd overlooked that JG aspect. Besides, "She has the mind of a sociopath, but the heart of a lion!" Looks like Monica isn't fully in charge of her Jaguar skills yet.

Or, maybe she is!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
MrFireDragon

Re: Out of the blue 2013-09-03

Post by MrFireDragon »

she is asking that question to herself, not Georgette, she actually enjoyed it too much and she scared herself.
"Live, Laugh, Love and Keep Moving Forward." MrFireDragon
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Yamara wrote:
Jay-Em wrote:I suddenly had the same thought here. No marks in the regular frames, but marks and fangs in full-force in the last frame. M involuntarily "snooped" into Georgette's mind, me thinks.

Or paying for favors with sex or affection is her worst fear. After all, what else would she have to offer a divine being capable of communicating with her dead parents? She'd gladly fight or die to speak with them again, but put on the casting couch by Tezcatlipoca would be a unique terror.
So, people want to be with her, instead of wanting to be with her. That's what M saw last time, Superficial vs. Substantial, Veneer instead of Foundation. Georgette may know this, but since it has been her life for so long, she may be scared to examine it too close.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Timotheus wrote:
I'll bring the fresh frybread, and a big pot of grape dumplings.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

zachariah wrote:The nickname Jet probably has two sources. One she is always traveling at high speed, even as a kid. Always moving, going, and doing. Thus her sister nicknamed her. The other choice is a shortened form of her name G'ette which was easily shortened to Jet as the G sound can often sound like a J. So instead of calling for Georgette she called. 'Hey Jet! Get you butt home for supper!'

While Jet may be easier to type it can also be confusing to those who don't know about it. Though that cannot be many the number of times it has been explained. I'll stick to Georgette simply by preference.

I wonder if Georgette could be a projective empath without knowing it.
If you're an empath, believe me, you are acutely aware of it. You can't help it. Think about it this way... An empath feels everything around them... they can't help it, it just floods in, just as psychoanalysis floods out of Tina. With Tina, the more strong the roiled emotions, the more she's driven to analyze... with Jet it could be that the stronger the emotion she's exposed to, the more it effects her (normal for empaths). Oddly, I've always thought of Jet as quiet and reserved, like she was hiding something within herself she didn't want people to see. Monica poiting in ready for bear overloaded Jet's ability to manage and triggered her reaction. We're still in the dark so to speak whether or not that was a real time or dream sequence kiss and grope... Could Jet's worst fear have been Monica finding out that she harbored fantasies about her? In that last panel, I'm not so sure that's anger on Monica's face... It looks like surprised embarrassment.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
meisdadoo

Post by meisdadoo »

Sorry, I read and re-read the strip, the comments, etc ad nauseum. All I get is a mental image of a certain Cuban band leader saying "Lucyyyy, you got some splainin to dooooo......" :lol:
Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

The 'Jet' nickname is much easier to explain. Georgette gets reduced to 'gette in common use which is heard as "jet" in normal pronunciation. She was probably called "Jet" way before the plane crash.
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?