Georgette's Kiss 2013-09-02

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Jabberwonky

Re: Georgette's Kiss 2013-09-02

Post by Jabberwonky »

DilyV wrote:
Opus the Poet wrote:
DilyV wrote:I think a lefty Catcher's mitt might have been more appropo here... LOL Monica IS quite the handful, both literally and "figure"atively... isn't she? heheee

I see what you did there Laughing Man...
GITS: SAC has so many good episodes... That reference to the lefty catcher's mit immediately came to mind
GITS: SAC?
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Dave

Post by Dave »

wwf wrote:As a permanent resident of confusion corner, I have come up with a theory of how Paul creates the Wapsi story arcs.
He writes a coherent story line with many twists and turns, but in a way that is easy to follow and enjoy.
Then he drops every second strip and publishes the rest.
Or, to put it another way - he has great respect for his readers. He believes we are smart, and can keep up.

Sometimes he's right. Sometimes (rather rarely I admit) a few of us are even able to predict where he's going to go, a day or so in advance.

Other times, he completely confozzles us, and gets to inhale the nourishing scent and smoke of frying brains.

Takes after some of the Old Gods that way, he does. ;) Maybe that's why he's so keen on mythology.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Jabberwonky wrote:
DilyV wrote:
Opus the Poet wrote:

I see what you did there Laughing Man...
GITS: SAC has so many good episodes... That reference to the lefty catcher's mit immediately came to mind
GITS: SAC?
Google is your friend http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_in_t ... ne_Complex
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Jabberwonky wrote: GITS: SAC?
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. It's a Japanese Animation set in the 2030s... Humans are to a great extent cyberized... the story and the level of detail of ALL the Ghost in the Shell Series is nothing less than phenomenal. the series consists of three movies, Ghost in the Shell, Innocence and Solid State Society and two twenty-six episode seasons.

The Laughing Man refers to a logo used by a hacker to hide his face. Around the image of a laughing face is a quote from J.D. Salinger's Catcher in the Rye; "I thought what I'd do is I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes"

The logo is used by a member of this forum as his avatar picture.

Yes... I have all the movies and both seasons of the Anime Series. :D
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Dave wrote:
wwf wrote:As a permanent resident of confusion corner, I have come up with a theory of how Paul creates the Wapsi story arcs.
He writes a coherent story line with many twists and turns, but in a way that is easy to follow and enjoy.
Or, to put it another way - he has great respect for his readers. He believes we are smart, and can keep up.

Sometimes he's right. Sometimes (rather rarely I admit) a few of us are even able to predict where he's going to go, a day or so in advance.

Other times, he completely confozzles us, and gets to inhale the nourishing scent and smoke of frying brains.

Takes after some of the Old Gods that way, he does. ;) Maybe that's why he's so keen on mythology.
Wait... What? If he's like the elder Gods, wouldn't he be blocked out by the World Grid? :lol: :lol: :lol:

*tosses a malfunctioning vimana cell in the pun jar for good measure.*
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Aleister Crow

Post by Aleister Crow »

DilyV wrote:
Dave wrote:

Wait... What? If he's like the elder Gods, wouldn't he be blocked out by the World Grid? :lol: :lol: :lol:

*tosses a malfunctioning vimana cell in the pun jar for good measure.*
If he were already on Earth before the grid went up, would he be locked in? I was never too clear on what happened to visiting deities when everything went "blooey".
Whoever coined the phrase "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" obviously never spent an afternoon cramming the little buggers into one.
GuySmiley

Post by GuySmiley »

DilyV wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote: GITS: SAC?
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. It's a Japanese Animation set in the 2030s... Humans are to a great extent cyberized... the story and the level of detail of ALL the Ghost in the Shell Series is nothing less than phenomenal. the series consists of three movies, Ghost in the Shell, Innocence and Solid State Society and two twenty-six episode seasons.

The Laughing Man refers to a logo used by a hacker to hide his face. Around the image of a laughing face is a quote from J.D. Salinger's Catcher in the Rye; "I thought what I'd do is I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes"

The logo is used by a member of this forum as his avatar picture.

Yes... I have all the movies and both seasons of the Anime Series. :D
You rang? 8-)

And yes, great show. Best combination of sci-fi and mystery genres I've ever seen.

As for the current Wapsi arc..... :o :shock: :?:
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes."
-The Laughing Man; GITS:SAC (originally from Holden Caulfield; Catcher in the Rye)
Julie

Post by Julie »

I'm gone for a week only to come back to this... :shock: Kind of an awkward thing to innocently discover when checking your comic backlog at work. :oops:

That said...VERY hot...and very uncomfortable since it looks one-sided. Kudos to the few of you who got past the "Wowza!" to think on how Monica has already shown an ability to read the emotional states of others (I'd completely forgotten about how she read Nudge's greatest fear). :)
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."