Georgette's Kiss 2013-09-02

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
kingklash

Re: Georgette's Kiss 2013-09-02

Post by kingklash »

Can somebody figure out a time stamp on the sequence? Give Tina a handful of minutes for her unintended Aura Overdrive, about two for the phone call, and maybe two again for Georgie-Girl's reflex response, and I'd give this about a rough fifteen to totally play out up to now.

This week, somewhere, G is going to suddenly realize some of what happened, and I can see a see-saw between "What did I just do?" and "How did Monica suddenly appear?" before the real befuddlements settle in.

Poor Tina, she did not expect Mucha Smoocha in her shop.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

zachariah wrote:
DilyV wrote:Dude... *just points to the pun jar shaking my head* LOL
That was not a pun. I stated it exactly the way it is used. All double meanings are purely the responsibility of the reader.

But just to keep the peace. Deposits a second base man's mitt to the jar.
I think a lefty Catcher's mitt might have been more appropo here... LOL Monica IS quite the handful, both literally and "figure"atively... isn't she? heheee
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

chicgeek wrote:Okay, Jet's just been emotionally traumatized by our favorite barista. And Monica poits in, eyes blazing, ready to kick ass in response to that panicked call. Obviously emotions are running high for all three of them. Jet reached her limit when Monica arrived in a blaze of glory, right after Jet had been ripped to shreds emotionally. She snapped. I'd say, yes, she always had a thing for Monica, whether she admitted it to herself or not. And then Monica poits in like a beautiful avenging angel, right in front of her, right when she's wounded and in shock. Thus, the grab and kiss.
It doesn't make it right, but it makes it understandable.
I'd say Monica is in a bit of shock herself. She expected to have to save a friend, fight something bad enough to provoke that panicked call for help, she's all charged up-and then a crying Jet immediately tackles her in a passionate embrace. Yep, Monica is momentarily frozen with shock.
There will be a 'WHAT THE FRIG?!!" There will be tears, and bewilderment. Maybe she'll be pissed when the shock wears off.
And the big question is still, what made Tina pull out all that backstory, and ruthlessly lay Jet's psyche bare? Tina did not mean to do that, she was freaked out when it was over. Whatever or whoever made that happen is a very big thing,indeed!
I haven't a clue. Wapsi Sqaure often makes me feel like Katherine and Atsali in the mine car. What a wild ride!
And I'll be obsessively clicking the refresh button tonight for the next comic. :D
I'd say this is purely reactionary on Jet's part... something she's going to be very embarrassed about in the next few minutes. Tina needs to have the clutch replaced between her brain and mouth... it's definitely stripped. Tina has always shown a propensity for spilling a person's inner secrets they try so hard to hide or deny for that person to see. Even Monica had to tell her once that was enough to get her to stop. The rats don't mean harm... but their epiphanies can be harmful all the same. I think that the rats can't help themselves. They are so bent on helping that they don't stop to analyze their actions before everything comes spilling out.

zachariah

Post by zachariah »

DilyV wrote:
zachariah wrote:
That was not a pun. I stated it exactly the way it is used. All double meanings are purely the responsibility of the reader.

I think a lefty Catcher's mitt might have been more appropo here... LOL Monica IS quite the handful, both literally and "figure"atively... isn't she? heheee
Gotta be a second base mitt as that is how far Georgette has gotten! Also all that padding in the catcher mitt would get in the way.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

kingklash wrote:Can somebody figure out a time stamp on the sequence? Give Tina a handful of minutes for her unintended Aura Overdrive, about two for the phone call, and maybe two again for Georgie-Girl's reflex response, and I'd give this about a rough fifteen to totally play out up to now.
I'd say the time-intensive stuff would be Tina talking and racing around to the front door, locking it, and getting M on favorites.

Three or four minutes, based on how screenplays run, depending on how rapid-fire Tina's speech got, plus maybe half a minute for M and Jet's initial reaction.

Not sure why you want it timed, but if adding ten minutes on the end makes you happy, I doubt few here would object.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
CraigR

Post by CraigR »

Tomorrow's strip:
Panel 1:
(Jet and M break the kiss. Georgette suddenly looks shocked, while Monica has a benign smile)
MONICA: Well, hello Jet. How've you bee--?
GEORGETTE (interrupting): My god, Monica! I'm so sorry! I don't know what came over me!!

Panel 2:
MONICA: It's okay. Completely understandable. You're obviously stressed...
GEORGETTE: Thanks...

Panel 3:
(No dialog, just Georgette with a chagrinned look and Monica with the same benign smile)

Panel 4:
MONICA: Georgette...?
GEORGETTE: ...Yeah, Mon?
MONICA: Can I have my boob back...?
GEORGETTE: OH! Right. Sorry.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

WilliamCA wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:A second look at the picture made me think of the end of the Buffy episode in which Willow met Bad Willow, the vamp from an alternate timeline and they kissed before Bad Willow got sent back...

"Hands! Hands!"
How can this scene remind you of one of the worst and most badly written scenes in that show?
Perhaps because we disagree as to how well-written it was?
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
ActionKermit

Post by ActionKermit »

CraigR wrote:Tomorrow's strip:
Panel 1:
(Jet and M break the kiss. Georgette suddenly looks shocked, while Monica has a benign smile)
MONICA: Well, hello Jet. How've you bee--?
GEORGETTE (interrupting): My god, Monica! I'm so sorry! I don't know what came over me!!

Panel 2:
MONICA: It's okay. Completely understandable. You're obviously stressed...
GEORGETTE: Thanks...

Panel 3:
(No dialog, just Georgette with a chagrinned look and Monica with the same benign smile)

Panel 4:
MONICA: Georgette...?
GEORGETTE: ...Yeah, Mon?
MONICA: Can I have my boob back...?
GEORGETTE: OH! Right. Sorry.
That's about as painless a defusing of the situation I can imagine at this point. With the way things have been going pear-shaped in Wapsiville lately, part of me is worried that SCP-999-J is going to make an appearance.
Prester Fred

Post by Prester Fred »

Okay...something most of us aren't considering here (though I think Jay-Em was trying to bring it up):

Is this actually happening, or is this just what Jet wants to do? Maybe she's "really" just staring at M like a starving child watching people eat, while this scene plays out in her head.

I'll be honest, I have no clue one way or the other. I just thought I'd bring it up. Truth is, I don't know what's going on, and I like it that way.

Mr. Taylor? I have every confidence that you know where this is going; take us there in your own time, Sir. I've been reading since before you introduced Tepoz, and if there's one thing I've learned, it's that you know what you're doing.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Timotheus wrote:I think they prefer tiger striped bass tails myself.
Or feeder goldfish. Maybe carp - well, goldfish are little carp....
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Haylo wrote:Has anyone yet speculated that M is channeling someone G lost and misses desperately?
Several people have raised that notion, yes.
Yamara wrote:Speaking of sisters, why do you think Jill nicknamed hers Jet?
...it's short for Georgette. :|
Opus the Poet wrote:
MerchManDan wrote:......alright. Do I make a bee-line to the obvious, or do I stay classy and/or somewhat apropos?
You left off this one:
Good grief; even more obvious. Thanks Opus!
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
videoismylife

Post by videoismylife »

5 pages of, "You've got my attention, Mr. Taylor".

Completely took me by surprise, thank you.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

DilyV wrote:I think a lefty Catcher's mitt might have been more appropo here... LOL Monica IS quite the handful, both literally and "figure"atively... isn't she? heheee

I see what you did there Laughing Man...
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Hmmm. I wonder whether tonight's update (and the rest of this week) will deliver a verbal explanation of what we've just seen... or whether Pablo might have decided to tell this part of the story as a sequence of five wordless sketches? Exhibition rather than exposition? (and put those dirty thoughts back in the vault for safekeeping, guys; you never know when you'll really need them!)

Several days' worth of trying to figure out what's happening, and why, just from facial expression and body language, could be quite intriguing (and I can hear the brains frying and heads exploding already!)
dadman

Post by dadman »

:shock:

What a way to end a Labor Day holiday...
Yo soy un papa.
wwf

Post by wwf »

This does not seem "real" to me.
I can't think of anything that would go through Monica's mind that would accept the situation enough to close her eyes.
Like some others, I think this is a "Georgette fantasy".
wwf

Post by wwf »

As a permanent resident of confusion corner, I have come up with a theory of how Paul creates the Wapsi story arcs.
He writes a coherent story line with many twists and turns, but in a way that is easy to follow and enjoy.
Then he drops every second strip and publishes the rest.
Thus leading to my great confusion and my habit of pressing "previous" and "next" to see if there was something I missed.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Opus the Poet wrote:
DilyV wrote:I think a lefty Catcher's mitt might have been more appropo here... LOL Monica IS quite the handful, both literally and "figure"atively... isn't she? heheee

I see what you did there Laughing Man...
GITS: SAC has so many good episodes... That reference to the lefty catcher's mit immediately came to mind

Yamara

Post by Yamara »

MerchManDan wrote:
Yamara wrote:Speaking of sisters, why do you think Jill nicknamed hers Jet?
...it's short for Georgette. :|
So, if one were to use an apostrophe, it would go before the "J".

Plane crashes putting ideas in my head.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

DilyV wrote:
zachariah wrote:

Ahem.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!