Georgette's Kiss 2013-09-02

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
DilyV

Re: Georgette's Kiss 2013-09-02

Post by DilyV »

TheDOCTOR wrote:Oh. Poor. Kevin. :o
It does appear as though Monica is pushing Georgettes' hand away from her....Ample.....Bossom, Boy Its Hot in Here, No, I don't believe Monicas 'Switching Teams'. This is definetly a Teaser for Tuesday. They've got some "splainin' to do".
I doubt Monica will be switching teams either... but I'm not so sure she isn't enjoying the moment in her complete and utter surprise. I can tell you, being kissed by another girl when you least expect it can toss all your pre-conceived notions right out the window and make you ask yourself a lot of questions you never thought you'd ask yourself.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
ActionKermit

Post by ActionKermit »

Anyone else thinking this an accidental result of demonic suggestion, based on when Tina said "You need Monica"? Something similar (if more violent) happened to Shelly when Nudge first visited the shop after her eviction by Phix.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Let's see... at this rate, we'll be at 20 pages for this thread by 8 PM Minneapolis time...
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

There are several questions raised here.
1. Is this cannon or just a nice sketch?
2. Does Jet realize who is really in front of her?
3. Is Monica poly-amorous and poly-sexual?
4. Is Georgette poly-amorous and poly-sexual?
and
5 What will the relationship dynamics be between the girls and Kevin (There are several permutations for this one)?

Sorry for ruining the 'Squee-fest" but these questions are out there. :geek:
ActionKermit wrote:Anyone else thinking this an accidental result of demonic suggestion, based on when Tina said "You need Monica"? Something similar (if more violent) happened to Shelly when Nudge first visited the shop after her eviction by Phix.
You raise a very big point there.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
BrokenMoonblade

Post by BrokenMoonblade »

Let's hope Paul found time to give any local Jedi a heads up. The emotional roller coaster might not register for all of them, but the closer ones may need some Dramamine.
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

I wondered what Jin's illusion demons had been getting up to since her grasp on reality had been reorientated.

At what point will Monica find Dietzel in her shower and the story reset to normal?
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
CptNerd

Post by CptNerd »

In the words of Johnny Hart:

Great Suffering Zot!

I'll be in my bunk...
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

......alright. Do I make a bee-line to the obvious, or do I stay classy and/or somewhat apropos?
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Masterof7s

Post by Masterof7s »

DilyV wrote:
Masterof7s wrote:Well that makes it pretty clear what the nature of Georgette's interest is, but I doubt Monica shares that interest. Combine that with the impromptu boob-grab and I think its safe to say that this isn't going to end well. Monica does have a boyfriend after all.

I expect someone to get bitch-slapped in due course.
We all know that Monica seems to be monoamorous... I seriously doubt her boyfriend would complain. Sheesh... Men!!!
No man with any self-respect and who isn't mentally 15 years old is going to stand for his significant other locking lips with someone else unless there is a clear agreement that that kind of behavior is acceptable. If Monica was the kind of person to flout another person's trust like that, then she would need to be and stay single. But we know she isn't that kind of person, so I expect her to feel the same kind of violation any normal woman would feel if some person just randomly kissed her without warning and grabbed a handful of boob.

In real life that kind of rude behavior would get you smacked, I expect nothing less here.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

It strikes me i need a properly flabbergasted avatar
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Fairportfan wrote:It strikes me i need a properly flabbergasted avatar
I've never been hit with a flabbergaster, but from the illustration, it's not that pleasant.
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Mark N wrote:There are several questions raised here.
1. Is this cannon or just a nice sketch?
2. Does Jet realize who is really in front of her?
3. Is Monica poly-amorous and poly-sexual?
4. Is Georgette poly-amorous and poly-sexual?
and
5 What will the relationship dynamics be between the girls and Kevin (There are several permutations for this one)?

Sorry for ruining the 'Squee-fest" but these questions are out there. :geek:
ActionKermit wrote:Anyone else thinking this an accidental result of demonic suggestion, based on when Tina said "You need Monica"? Something similar (if more violent) happened to Shelly when Nudge first visited the shop after her eviction by Phix.
You raise a very big point there.
Oh ya. Let's Review ---

When M and G first met for Amanda's photoshoot, M was all fangirl for a while, then got to know and understand G -- they both had the same diet problem of being bottomless pits. Fangirl squeee changed to we're in the same boat, sister!

G being a supermodel has the weirdness of what all that life (and lifestyle) entails, plus being a jealousy target for not being bulemic, just mega-active metabolism. How'd you like to be able to scarf an entire large pizza while your co-workers are nibbling on single pepperonis or itty-bitty salads every day?

It's cannon G has been sick of the high-fashion life for a while (her sister and the pub), and just recently she comes out and says she wants to get the hell out. So at a minimum, that is certainly on her mind, along with those motivations near the surface.

And, of course, Tina has shocked her with her usual cut-to-the-bone insight. On the other hand, that shock may have set up G for demonic influence by saying "You need Monica!"

Plus, we're seeing M just back from Jaguar school! Who knows what self-image issues have changed/risen/been overcome in the past few Wapsi weeks/months? I seriously doubt though that M is anything other than herself, just more confident. Kevin is still her main squeeze, and will be.

So -- what's going on now? I'll vote for numbers 1 (yes and yes) and 2 (maybe not) above, and agree with ActionKermit -- Tina's insight shock and suggestion of need has overextended Georgette's emotions, and she's likely unloading emotional need or has mistaken Monica for someone else in the heat/passion of the moment.

Fan service this ain't (though it looks like it). It's a misdirection and a reveal at the same time.

Sorry -- didn't have 2 cents, so threw in the whole dime.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Ohnhai

Post by Ohnhai »

firstly...

HELLOOOOOOO NURSE!!

secondly.

M might not have had time yet to fully realise what's happening, much less react or even begin to react... The next page will tell.

having an aura reader in the room could be awkward if Mon has conflicted feelings on this :D (gonna enjoy Tina's reaction.0
Haylo

Post by Haylo »

Has anyone yet speculated that M is channeling someone G lost and misses desperately?
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

DilyV wrote:Can you imagine how much the original artwork for this one is going to pull on Ebay? @_@
Elementary.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

Having chewed a bit on this, I suppose another explanation could be applied: Say that this is a view diréctly into Georgette's mind by grace of our multi-demon Barista?

I know Pablo isn't above simple fan-service, but Georgette and Monica lip-locked like that? A tad too convenient and out-of-the-blue.

On the other hand, M being "Torn between two lovers" could make for some interesting soap opera-like interlude between all the exitement with legendary critters.
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
All-Purpose Guru

Post by All-Purpose Guru »

Glurm. Mrzle. Flpppp. Twz?
as363

Post by as363 »

Due to the adult material portrayed -Wile E Coyote will not be with us today.

F.Roadrunner - Managing Director - Acme Manufacturing.

By the way - Mr.P does not have this on eBay ....Yet !!
All-Purpose Guru

Post by All-Purpose Guru »

OK, brain successfully rebooted. *Whew.*

I don't think Monica is going to damage Georgette. She might push her away, possibly a bit confused, but I don't think she's going to react *badly* to this. She might think Georgette is a pain, and possibly overstepping her bounds, but I don't think that's a killing offense.

We've seen pretty much NOTHING in Monica's character that would suggest she would be receptive to this, but hey, who knows?
CPUGuy1

Post by CPUGuy1 »

:shock: :o

WOW!
Oh, Wait! Data transfer.
Not quite the Vulcan Mind Transfer ... but a meeting of the minds.
Is The Earth On A Diet?
With just one million people losing weight,
so after each one had lost 'one pound' ...
will the earth weigh 1,000,000 pounds less?