Really Here 2013-08-30

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Timotheus

Re: Really Here 2013-08-30

Post by Timotheus »

It may just be that Monica has come to be a symbol of the sort of person and life Georgette wants to be and have for herself. The real Monica is not as important as what Monica represents to Georgette's inner personality, the one Tina was dragging out with her observations. The tricky part now is balancing reality and expectations.

I don't think they're blood related in any way at all.
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Jay-Em wrote:Odd..

I don't understand what's going on here. The blushing of Georgette looks more like someone that is suddenly confronted with his/her crush, than someone just relieved, or something.

Or is Georgette just flustered, because she réally admires M as one of the people she knóws that isn't interested in her status as Model/celebrity? Or as someone she looks up to?

I can't make head or tails from this.
I'd thought her face is flushed simply because she's still struggling to hold in the emotions she's been repressing. I know that when I get emotional (rage, despair, etc) my face feels like it's burning; I can only imagine how red it looks.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

The blushing looks like the aftermath of weeping to me.
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

zachariah wrote:Now is it love or need for Monica? It's hard to tell from Georgettes response. Need because Monica may be the only one who ever accepted her as herself and didn't try and get something out of her. They were also alike in eating habits and somewhat in personality. It could be love for a relative, or it could be she really is in love with Monica, or her image on Monica. Now we have to wait to find out.
This was the dilemma I was faced with when I first saw today's strip... It's so hard to tell at first glance but then other things tend to bend your perception... Georgette's hand, reaching for the side of Monica's face for example... the blush... her stuttering response... the gaze into each other's eyes... the utter touching feel of that last panel making it seem as if Georgette had finally come face to face with her one true love... The idea that Monica is about to tread through the valley of the shadow of doubt as her whole perception of her sexuality is shaken just as Shelly's had been.

Or not... you never know how these things are going to turn out!
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Sidhekin wrote:The blushing looks like the aftermath of weeping to me.
That too, yes.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Stigmartyr762

Post by Stigmartyr762 »

Fairportfan wrote:
DilyV wrote:This looks like it could get kinda squirrely... I said the other day that it appeared that Georgette might be attracted to Monica... Think about it... Tina is pulling EVERYTHING but the kitchen sink out of Georgie-girl including the need for Monica... Now this... There is a lingering niggling doubt in my mind that somehow Mon and Georgie are related... touched off by Tina's remarks about the plane crash and Georgette's sister covered in blood but not all of it being hers... Then Tina mentions Georgette was looking for her ( I assumed Tina was referring to the sister) and that she needed... Sunshine, she needed Monica... I kind of thought this was hinting that Monica was Georgette's sister, but I don't think that's the case. Georgette's sister is running the pub if I remember correctly and we've never heard of such a traumatic plane crash in Monica's past. Unless Georgette has more than one sister, but still... Georgette would know that Monica was her sister and would have said something.
Cousins.

I still say cousins.

Either first or second.
Either way. There's some intense need in Georgette's eyes for Monica, and the Queen of Sheba has just made a solid two point "POIT" at Tina's call for help.
Way back when when Monica did that photo shoot with Georgette for the advertisement for her sisters joint, Monica made quite the impression after her initial fangirling. Despite all of her success as a big time model and having to deal with all the constant scrutiny that comes with it. Georgette felt completely at easy with Monica. She could relax and be normal and not feel judged.
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
ActionKermit

Post by ActionKermit »

Super happy that Jet hasn't continued to melt down. I wonder if Tina can rapidly share the sitrep with M by sending one of her constituent demons to drop the information directly into her mind?
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

We don't really know this is Georgette yet. She probably is, but no one has said any names. That's just an assumption based on a past character. She could be someone else related to Monica in some way. Maybe married to one of Monica's brothers for all we know. Hmm, for that matter, I think her brothers are older than Monica, so she could even be a daughter of one of them. Or am I mixing her up with Shelly and all her brothers?

Of all the people to be dredged up in some sort of supernatural sense Georgette would seem like the least likely. But then that's what Paul is famous for. If Monica knows them, even in passing, they must have a supernatural connection. I wonder what Mr. Fields really is?
Last edited by KnightDelight on Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

KnightDelight wrote:We don't really know this is Georgette yet. She probably is, but no one has said any names. That's just an assumption based on a past character. She could be someone else related to Monica in some way. Maybe married to one of Monica's brothers for all we know. Hmm, for that matter, I think her brothers are older than Monica, so she could even be a daughter of one of them.

Of all the people to be dredged up in some sort of supernatural sense Georgette would seem like the least likely. But then that's what Paul is famous for. If Monica knows them, even in passing, they must have a supernatural connection. I wonder what Mr. Fields really is?
Ummm, apparently Paul confirmed on Facebook that this is Georgette.

I wouldn't know, since i hold that Facebook is an invention of the Devil...
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

Fairportfan wrote:Ummm, apparently Paul confirmed on Facebook that this is Georgette.
Ah, okay, thanks. That's what I get for not bothering to read the comments for that comic. And I agree about Facebook.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
OneOddDuck

Post by OneOddDuck »

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/something-in-myself/
Monica's thoughts on Georgette previously.
I was thinking they were related also until I stumbled on this last night.
"I was not tested for normality before I was entrusted with this mission," said Suriyawong. "But I have no doubt that I would fail such a test." --Shadow Puppets
ActionKermit

Post by ActionKermit »

OneOddDuck wrote: I was thinking they were related also until I stumbled on this last night.
Even so, they might still be related. I could see them having similar personalities as a result of formative experiences coming from two members of the Sullivan clan.
eee

Post by eee »

The question (my question, anyway) is, does she need Monica, or Jaguar Girl with her so far unexplored connections with the dead. Or perhaps both...
ziggy78eog

Post by ziggy78eog »

I had forgotten how short Monica is, being four foot nothing. Being placed next to someone of average height really makes her stand out, not that being a hawt, busty, Latina did not already do that. ;)
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

By the way, her sister's name is Jill.

(Da doo ron-ron-ron da doo ron-ron...)
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

ziggy78eog wrote:I had forgotten how short Monica is, being four foot nothing. Being placed next to someone of average height really makes her stand out, not that being a hawt, busty, Latina did not already do that. ;)
Four-Eleven, last she said anything. Depends on the hair. ;)
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
meisdadoo

Post by meisdadoo »

I saw that different. It looked to me like Tina was concerned about a 1. Her client having a complete break down, and 2. Her client giving her a much deserved fist to the face. Either way (or both) the tone and inflection would have put most people at Defcon 1.

It kind of reminds of a time (before there were cellphones) when I got a page from home with the area code 911, Which was the agreed upon family code for the fit just hit the shan, EMERGENCY CALL HOME. Turned out my teenager wanted to know what we were having for dinner that night >_< Needless to say, we had a long talk about the definition of the word "emergency"

So here comes Monica ready to battle to the death some kind of uber dangerous paranormal entity that could rattle a dead girl :evil: only to find . . .weepy faced relative. :shock:

Must be Friday. :lol:
Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
WilliamCA

Post by WilliamCA »

OK is Georgette Monica's sister or something? Plus i don't ever remember her being mentioned before. And not to be mean but Georgette and Monica got some serious same face going on here.
dex drako

Post by dex drako »

WilliamCA wrote:OK is Georgette Monica's sister or something? Plus i don't ever remember her being mentioned before. And not to be mean but Georgette and Monica got some serious same face going on here.

no but my guess is that monica looks a lot like her sister.

I thinking georgette had more then the one sister that we've met, most likely one that died the in the same plane crash that took her parents. that finally makes that look on georgetta's face make sense to me. G's not seeing monica she thinks her sister came back from the dead and that where this look of love is coming from and why G's not freaking out.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Monica - excuse me, Jaguar Girl - has the superhero entrance down pat - except for showing up in t-shirt and cutoffs with the pockets peeking out. Kinda like Supes showing up to save Lois with shaving cream still on. She's gonna have to start carrying a jaguar catsuit to poit into on the way, or poit in full buff naked Jaguar Girl mode.

Decisions, decisions...
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville