There She Is 2013-08-28

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
kingklash

Re: There She Is 2013-08-28

Post by kingklash »

Wapsi wrote:
Sidhekin wrote:Out-of-sync page generation / caching.

Probably some cloud-based server, where the various participants in the cloud are not updated simultaneously ... it's getting to be more common.

Also, typo alert: "You're parents" ...
I disabled the cloud server and the typo was fixed last night, but didn't show the fixed comic until this morning when I disabled the cloud.
If that didn't work, you might have tried to get an old man to yell at the Cloud.
Dave

Post by Dave »

shadowinthelight wrote:There she is! Those 12 year old plane crash survivors are always in the last place you look.
Cowering in shock under a bent piece of sheet metal?
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

We still don't quite know the "What?!" of the situation, but I can speculate the "Why?" Georgette was pondering running away from what her life, her persona, has become. Ditching her phone, her job, that's what Tina and Monica discussed, dismissing these things as easily as she does people. She may be finally getting a good look at that thing she only saw in others as residing in herself, and thinks of outrunning it. Then she comes to Tina's shop, possibly looking for M, as a kind of life preserver, and Tina torpedoes her instead, showing that you can't run away what you've got locked up. That may be the kid Tina was looking for, the scared and confused child who might be only thinking of getting away as fast as her feet can take her.

Of course, when Mr. Pablo reveals the actual reasons, I may be just Tina being creepy for creepy's sake.

I do get the feeling that the Guzman Conglomerate can act like Atsali's recently uninstalled Computer, in their own fashion.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

TheDOCTOR wrote:Oh, oh , I know,I know. Monica and Geogette are .....Sisters!
Well related, anyway and Georgette just found out? ;)
I suggested cousins, since Georgette's grandpa was an Irish brawler and Monica's grandpa was an Irish soldier of fortune - either first cousins if Grandpa was a bitrambunctious, or second cousins if their grandpas were brothers...
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

jwhouk wrote:
Grantwhy wrote: I wonder how much of this information Tina is getting from "aura reading" and how much from reading fashion pages?

Has Tina been reading up on models backgrounds and Georgette is one of them?
...Or was Georgette a "client" of Dr. Tina Guzman's back in the day?
Doubt it; aside from teeth and eyes, Tina apparently looks much the same as when she was alive.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Wapsi wrote:
Sidhekin wrote:Out-of-sync page generation / caching.

Probably some cloud-based server, where the various participants in the cloud are not updated simultaneously ... it's getting to be more common.

Also, typo alert: "You're parents" ...
I disabled the cloud server and the typo was fixed last night, but didn't show the fixed comic until this morning when I disabled the cloud.
Ah, the cloud.

Never getting MY data.
=====================
=====================
mike weber
sheik

Post by sheik »

I get the impression that Tina is taking the initiative in laying the groundwork for Georgette's introduction to a much larger world, since, at least in Tina's assessment, G is already on a collision course.
This would, as a matter of common courtesy, require that G's head be on straight, or at least be softened up enough to avoid breakage.
Does the pun jar have a mixed metaphor analog?
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

kingklash wrote:
Wapsi wrote:I disabled the cloud server and the typo was fixed last night, but didn't show the fixed comic until this morning when I disabled the cloud.
If that didn't work, you might have tried to get an old man to yell at the Cloud.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Someone had asked about Tina wondering if she was, indeed, mortal; the strip in question is here: Be Expired
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Julie

Post by Julie »

jwhouk wrote:Someone had asked about Tina wondering if she was, indeed, mortal; the strip in question is here: Be Expired
Thanks for that! :) So the answer is "We don't know." Somehow that's comforting.
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

shadowinthelight wrote:There she is! Those 12 year old plane crash survivors are always in the last place you look.
And one-in-a-million chances happen 9 times out of 10...
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

Of Course they're in the last place you look... if you have already found what you are looking for... why look any further for the same thing? ergo, they are in the LAST place you look...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

scantrontb wrote:
Of Course they're in the last place you look... if you have already found what you are looking for... why look any further for the same thing? ergo, they are in the LAST place you look...
Not always.

I recall searching a workroom high and low for a needed note on a slip of paper. I didn't find it, and eventually gave up and moved on.

Two weeks later (or thereabouts) I opened a drawer, and there it was. I was not looking for it by then, and didn't really need it anymore. I found it, but not in the last place I looked....
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

bmonk wrote:Not always.

I recall searching a workroom high and low for a needed note on a slip of paper. I didn't find it, and eventually gave up and moved on.

Two weeks later (or thereabouts) I opened a drawer, and there it was. I was not looking for it by then, and didn't really need it any more. I found it, but not in the last place I looked....
AH!, but the key words there were "I DIDN'T find it"... what I meant is that if you HAD found it (at the time you WERE looking for it, mind you.) would you have KEPT ON LOOKING for it?... no, because if you DID find it, it wouldn't make sense to continue looking... ergo, it's always in the last place you look for it...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
illiad

Post by illiad »

bmonk wrote: I recall searching a workroom high and low for a needed note on a slip of paper. I didn't find it, and eventually gave up and moved on.

Two weeks later (or thereabouts) I opened a drawer, and there it was. I was not looking for it by then, and didn't really need it anymore. I found it, but not in the last place I looked....
that would be 'temporary blindness' :) gets me all the time... :? :roll: only solution is ta look for summat else... :p