Loss For Words 2013-08-27

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Radical_Knight

Re: Loss For Words 2013-08-27

Post by Radical_Knight »

AAHHHHHH!!!!! What the hell happened to Tina?! The Goth mode is fine but what's with the Moe-cut and pigtail? Where's the Go-Back button? She could've just shaved her head and got a chemo-cap to make a fashion statement. What?! I like Tina, I just think her hair is... but it'll grow back, right?
Memories die hard long after reality has turned to dust.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

And I thought it was weird when I came across baristas who dyed their hair purple, had a mohawk that smelled like apple pie, and accidentally dyed their hair pink.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Julie

Post by Julie »

Wow... :shock: So my first reaction to Tina's new 'do was to curl my lip in disgust (well...once I realized it was Tina...didn't recognize her at first until I looked at the eyes). Second reaction was to think it made her a little butch. Third reaction was to retract the "butch" and just go with slightly intimidating/scary. Fourth reaction was to think that I might be able to get used to it...but it will probably take seeing what she looks like from the front to decide if I'll like it or not.

So yeah...this page threw me for a loop. :) I definitely am intrigued by Tina's in-depth reading of Georgette...because of what it revealed and what it implies about Tina that she's reading someone who isn't in the know...and what we'll learn about Georgette's acceptance of the paranormal based on tomorrow's interactions. :) For all we know, Tina could just throw on a somewhat-ditzy smile and try to explain away today's commentary with something light-hearted. She's done that in the past when she's said something too revealing...though if I'm not mistaken, a lot of that was when Nudge was still a member of the party in there...
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Stigmartyr762

Post by Stigmartyr762 »

Monica and Shelly are ascended, Katherine a mommy, and Tina has gone punk. The wapsiverse is in motion.
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
meisdadoo

Post by meisdadoo »

Rattling off that much personal information to a total stranger is only slightly less effective than this http://images.codingforcharity.org/dmp/ ... 23_reg.png

For getting someones attention.

And Tina, what is up with that hair do? If the body is dead and unaging, does the hair actually grow back? :shock:
Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

The body is not dead. You'd think the ER would notice, at least ...
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

shadowinthelight wrote:DilyV, your current avatar is the perfect reaction.
Actually I have two others that would work even better... Watch over the next few days and let me know what you think...

EDIT: Like this one... which was my first reaction when I realized it was Tina... For my vision of Georgette, go to the FanArt Thread... here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=14&start=1220#p22338
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

My first thought was, "Why would Tina change her hair style?'' None of the usual motivations for such a image alteration would seemingly apply to her. As for the style itself, well, I guess she could be talked into just about anything if the stylist was enthused enough.
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Sidhekin wrote:The body is not dead. You'd think the ER would notice, at least ...
If I recall correctly, Nudge got the whole mechanism rebooted in the morgue.

I don't mind the current look, she kept the choker on, so it works for me. Her infodump of Georgette is serving a purpose, we still don't know how fully TinaVision (tm) can scan, but looks like our conglomerate comprise coffeegirl partly pulled what TV Tropes labeled a Sherlock Scan, as admitted by Tina pointing out the physical marks. As to why, that's up to Tina to say.
illiad

Post by illiad »

yeah, she walked into a hairdresser and said: " I want something new, really avant garde... :P "

Oh, and didnt Tina get 'fully integrated' into one personality ??? :?:
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Maybe Tina read about mid-life crises, and asked her hairdresser to create one for her.

That would be very Tina.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

illiad wrote:yeah, she walked into a hairdresser and said: " I want something new, really avant garde... :P "

Not yet. She's on the way but not there. Phix encouraged her to continue with her path and told her there was another like her. So she has made progress.

One point we might consider is when the body dies will the demons become separate again? They were assigned as a group but how would that hold them together after their punishment is completed? I don't think Tina ever did find out who she hurt enough to get stuck in her current state.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Dave

Post by Dave »

illiad wrote:yeah, she walked into a hairdresser and said: " I want something new, really avant garde... :P "
"... and my aura-reading antenna hasn't been working all that well. I need one with higher gain. Give me a half-wave end-fed cut located in free space, please." Paging Ray Walston to the white courtesy phone. :geek:
No, not yet. Phix has implied that Tina might be able to do this at some point, by making reference to another who is "close to what you may become." Some of us believe that Phix is referring to Conscience... who, it seems, was converted from a "covey" of individual demons to a single "coven" identity by the addition/fusion of a human soul (very probably that of Tina 1.0).

It's an open question whether Tina 2.1 can become a single, fully-integrated personality ("Tina 3.0") purely on her own, or whether the addition of a human soul would be necessary (as with Conscience). I don't remember who first used the term "spackle" to refer to a human soul's role, but I really like it.
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

Timotheus wrote:My first thought was, "Why would Tina change her hair style?'' None of the usual motivations for such a image alteration would seemingly apply to her.
Tina has changed her hair style before, including length. A selection, in chronological order: back length; done up in pigtails(?); neck length; tied back in a short ponytail; shoulder-length ponytail; and back-length ponytail.

This is the most extreme change outside of demon-vision, mind.
zachariah wrote:I don't think Tina ever did find out who she hurt enough to get stuck in her current state.
Shelly told her it was Monica: Brandi worked with the demons to get Tina and Monica in the same accident.
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
ActionKermit

Post by ActionKermit »

Dave wrote:Phix has implied that Tina might be able to do this at some point, by making reference to another who is "close to what you may become." Some of us believe that Phix is referring to Conscience... who, it seems, was converted from a "covey" of individual demons to a single "coven" identity by the addition/fusion of a human soul (very probably that of Tina 1.0).
Conscience used to be my main candidate for who Phix was referring to, but Kath could make a pretty good claim at this point as well.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

ActionKermit wrote:
Dave wrote:Phix has implied that Tina might be able to do this at some point, by making reference to another who is "close to what you may become." Some of us believe that Phix is referring to Conscience... who, it seems, was converted from a "covey" of individual demons to a single "coven" identity by the addition/fusion of a human soul (very probably that of Tina 1.0).
Conscience used to be my main candidate for who Phix was referring to, but Kath could make a pretty good claim at this point as well.
I do not see Kath as in the running. Being a fusion of 6 separate "unborn" people is not the same as transforming a group of trans-dimensional spiritual entities into a single soul. The processes are apples and oranges apart.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
illiad

Post by illiad »

zachariah, dave: thanks... :D as for the rest, only wapsi knows.... :p
Dragon Hostler

Post by Dragon Hostler »

My2Cents wrote:Georgette is a bare knuckle brawler? Guess that goes with being a normal pub girl.
And with being a terrible throw with steel tip darts!
Born Again Heathen
Hostling dragons is similar to hostling horses, but ya need a bigger shovel, oh, and bigger nose plugs. Don't forget the nose plugs!
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

Dragon Hostler wrote:And with being a terrible throw with steel tip darts!
that's probably the REASON for her becoming a Brawler in the first place!!!... she accidentally skewered somebody with one, they "politely disagreed" (snerk!) with her profuse apology, so she off 'n whaled on them to finally get them to accept it... then afterwards, they got blotto together to drown the pain in various parts of their respective anatomies, becoming friends along the way...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Yamara wrote:Maybe Tina read about mid-life crises, and asked her hairdresser to create one for her.

That would be very Tina.
She (well, the body) is only around 37; 'tis a bit soon for a mid-life crisis, I think. Then again, getting punched in the face by a sphinx would knock a few years off a given lifespan. If not all of them.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)