On Purpose 2013-08-26

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Jabberwonky

On Purpose 2013-08-26

Post by Jabberwonky »

Uh-oh.

One of those careful what you wish for moments...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
shadowinthelight

Re: On Purpose 2013-08-26

Post by shadowinthelight »

Georgette? This is an unexpected change of focus.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
The Old Wolf

Post by The Old Wolf »

Wow. First of all, the change in art style over time makes her look dazzling. Second, I think I'm really going to like this arc - she's got a lot of stuff rattling around in her head that needs sorting.
“Make the world work, for 100% of humanity, in the shortest possible time, through spontaneous cooperation, without ecological offense or the disadvantage of anyone.”
-R. Buckminster Fuller
---------------
Playing in the World Game
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

The Old Wolf wrote:Wow. First of all, the change in art style over time makes her look dazzling.
Seconded. It is much easier to believe she is a professional model now.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

Jabberwonky wrote:Uh-oh.

One of those careful what you wish for moments...
Yeah, I was thinking the same. Still, this opens up all sorts of possibilities. Gorgette took a liking to Monica because M seemed "real" to her. Once she got past bieng star struck, Monica found Gorgettes needyness and overbearing nature a little too familiar. Not to put too fine a point on it, Monica thought they were too much alike to mesh well. Gorgette has tried to reconnect with M at least once since Monica started dodging her.

What do you want to bet Gorgette, freed up from her busy schedule, goes looking to reconnect with our busty latina?

It's just that in the intervening years, Monica has grown a lot.

This aughta be good.

Edit to note, I wonder if normal folk who knew M before her current upgrade will comment on the fangs? They seem to be permanant.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Boxilar wrote:Edit to note, I wonder if normal folk who knew M before her current upgrade will comment on the fangs? They seem to be permanant.
Nobody ever seems to notice anybody's fangs.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Looks like Georgette has put a little meat on her bones too... not much mind you but I seen to remember her as a lot skinnier. Question is... is Georgette a paranormal in hiding too?
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
moueska

Post by moueska »

I've been absent for a while, but I had to log in for this one:

Georgette was a welcome return to the comic in light of the shove AWAY from normal Monica life and the one-by-one threads full of characters "taking a level in badass". She'll probably gain a level, too, but it's good to see her anyway.

I still miss Tepoz. I want him in an arc, but I worry about what Monica would do to him.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Boxilar wrote: What do you want to bet Gorgette, freed up from her busy schedule, goes looking to reconnect with our busty latina?
I kinda doubt it. The last time they met it was by accident and Georgette was not looking for her. She was more of the 'Hey I know you so I need to be polite.' type response. So she will be looking just to rest and relax as she sounds burned out on modeling. Besides Monica was not impressed with her the last time they met and kinda wrote Georgette off as a friend.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Oh, Georgette... no, no, no. What are you thinking?

Throw a cellphone down into a sewer? In Minneapolis?!?

It's bound to disturb something that you would much rather not meet!
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Ah, Georgette. Still struggling with the vagaries of fame and/or fortune.
Jabberwonky wrote:One of those careful what you wish for moments...
Quite so. Kath wished for an adventure and got WAY more than she bargained for - which, as it turned out, was not necessarily a bad thing. If something similar happens to Jet, though, it may not go as well.
Fairportfan wrote:
Boxilar wrote:Edit to note, I wonder if normal folk who knew M before her current upgrade will comment on the fangs? They seem to be permanant.
Dunno about that; Amanda noticed Tinas fangs, that one time.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

Fairportfan wrote:
Well, yeah. It's been brought up in comic twice that I remember. Monica asked Tina about her Teef, and Bud commented to Brandi that not many women had the teeth to bring down buffalo.

Still, Tina and the GGGs had thier fangs before Monica knew them. Shelly regularly sports her pronounced canines, probably as a sign that she has excepted who and what she is. Shelly is also a shapeshifter who can alter her mass and volume and manifest or delete an extra set of limbs at will. Keeping her teeth under wraps would be easy for her, if she chose to do so.

Monica, OTOH, seems stuck with her carniverous dentation, and didn't have it before. People are bound to wonder.
zachariah wrote:
Boxilar wrote: What do you want to bet Gorgette, freed up from her busy schedule, goes looking to reconnect with our busty latina?
I kinda doubt it. The last time they met it was by accident and Georgette was not looking for her. She was more of the 'Hey I know you so I need to be polite.' type response. So she will be looking just to rest and relax as she sounds burned out on modeling. Besides Monica was not impressed with her the last time they met and kinda wrote Georgette off as a friend.
I haven't dove into the archives to find it, but I think Gorgette did say something along the lines of "We need to get together." I got the impression that she was more ernest than just being polite. But, yeah, Monica had no desire to spend more time with her. I'm just wondering if maybe with work out of the way and a big empty hole in her life to fill, she'll go looking to reconnect with someone she liked. Just speculating. ;)

Another edit; It's good to see more of Gorgette, but I want to see more of Monica and how being a "Queen of the World" will affect her daily life, if at all.
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

"Oh, Georgette... no, no, no. What are you thinking?
Throw a cellphone down into a sewer? In Minneapolis?!?
It's bound to disturb something that you would much rather not meet!"

Or more likely use it to make prank calls that the authorities will track you down for.
("That's right, four large meat lovers deep dish pizzas to the Stevens Avenue Entrance, not the 19th street door. For Ms. Phix. *snicker* Just yell if there's no one there at first." *snicker*)
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

MerchManDan wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:Nobody ever seems to notice anybody's fangs.
Actually, she was going to ask her why her eyes were silver.

Oh, wait, that was Heather. You had an other instance in mind, perhaps?
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

I agree. A "Be careful what you wish for, You just might get it."-type moment. I was first thinking this is Georgette also, but there is a resemblance to the "Girl" McBride was 'trying to help'. Foreshadowing perhaps?
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

Dave wrote:Oh, Georgette... no, no, no. What are you thinking? Throw a cellphone down into a sewer? In Minneapolis?!? It's bound to disturb something that you would much rather not meet!
I'm not so sure about that; evidence suggests that Stinky likes the open ocean. :D

Although, only slightly more seriously, we haven't seen the sewers yet; all of the unusual inhabitants are out walking in the open air (and wind, and snow).
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
Stigmartyr762

Post by Stigmartyr762 »

Monica's life is about to have a mundane intrusion.
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Oooh, foreshadowing. Death and immortality are haunting the streets of the Twin Cities...

Now watch as we get a charming autumnal arc, with all the forgotten human characters returning to help Jill prepare for a rousing Oktoberfest, culminating in a Halloween party with no genuine supernatural occurrences whatsoever. :D
Last edited by Yamara on Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Sidhekin wrote:
MerchManDan wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:Nobody ever seems to notice anybody's fangs.
Actually, she was going to ask her why her eyes were silver.

Oh, wait, that was Heather. You had an other instance in mind, perhaps?
Uh....hmm. Nope, that's the incident I had in mind; apparently I was just flat-out wrong. :| Oh well.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Well, i just spent some time looking for the A Doemain of Our Own strip with the road sign that said "Warning: Foreboding dialog next four panels" or something like that.

Didn't find it.

Maybe later.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber