Execution Via Fear 2012-08-16

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
NOTDilbert

Re: Execution Via Fear 2012-08-16

Post by NOTDilbert »

Calling Nudge and Phix 'tante' is cute, but I want to see if she calls a certain vampire 'gramma'.
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Prester Fred

Post by Prester Fred »

Well, let's see...you've left your fangs in place, and the layer of tough plant matter on your skin...

Well, fangs are easier to conceal, so I'd say your bark is worse than your bite.

:mrgreen:

Okay, sorry, sorry...it just called out to me. Let's see...here's a handful of giant redwood seeds for the pun vault.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Prester Fred wrote:Well, let's see...you've left your fangs in place, and the layer of tough plant matter on your skin...

Well, fangs are easier to conceal, so I'd say your bark is worse than your bite.

:mrgreen:
NNNNGH!!!
Okay, sorry, sorry...it just called out to me. Let's see...here's a handful of giant redwood seeds for the pun vault.
That's a very revealing choice of Pun Jar donations! Considering the Scandinavian roots of the term of endearment that Castela is using to refer to Phix, and the fact that you've chosen conifer seeds, it's obvious that you're piñon for the fjords.
Last edited by Dave on Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ziggy78eog

Post by ziggy78eog »

It looks very nice, Pickle; pretty soon, you can go out with Tanta M and Shelly, like a big girl.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Radical_Knight wrote:I'm further impressed with the "Mentor" tolerance Phix is showing by patiently explaining WHY, rather than indiscriminately slashing another paranormal and screaming "BECAUSE I (VULGAR EXPLICATIVE) SAID SO!"
{A} it's a learning process for her too

and

{B} either of these two can match her slash for slash.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

NOTDilbert wrote:Calling Nudge and Phix 'tante' is cute, but I want to see if she calls a certain vampire 'gramma'.
Nah.

She calls Lily "G" - it's one-sixth of "gramma".
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

Astute.
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Fairportfan wrote:
NOTDilbert wrote:Calling Nudge and Phix 'tante' is cute, but I want to see if she calls a certain vampire 'gramma'.
Nah.

She calls Lily "G" - it's one-sixth of "gramma".
Ha!
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

I'm on the tablet - I had to do that one three times because the autocorrect kept making "grammar" into something else.

≠≠=====

Ack! It snuck one by me again!
=====================
=====================
mike weber
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

That was a very convenient time for Castela to show up. Is Phix sneaky enough that she would arrange for the little girl to come in just as she revealed that the little one was in danger if her existence was revealed? Or is Phix to direct for that? When talking about children being in danger, it is more effective to show one of the children - especially the most adorable one - to get the point across. Some discussion with Nudge prior to the meeting with Monica and Shelly would be very easy.
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

ActionKermit wrote:
DilyV wrote:The eyes wouldn't be such a shock to people, especially considering Kath's eyes... they would make her seem like she was related...
Having giant pupils is one thing, having hollow eyesockets with prehensile plantmatter tendrils to see through instead of optic nerves is quite another.
I got the distinct impression her all black eyes were somewhat similar to Kath's... hence my 'related' remark.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Prester Fred

Post by Prester Fred »

davids4250 wrote:Some discussion with Nudge prior to the meeting with Monica and Shelly would be very easy.
If Nudge was aware that Phix would be chewing out the girls, she might have arranged this on her own hook. Then again, even Nudge's tricksyness must have limits, and the timing here was absolutely perfect.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Prester Fred wrote:
davids4250 wrote:Some discussion with Nudge prior to the meeting with Monica and Shelly would be very easy.
If Nudge was aware that Phix would be chewing out the girls, she might have arranged this on her own hook. Then again, even Nudge's tricksyness must have limits, and the timing here was absolutely perfect.
You're right. The timing was implausibly good for Castela to have just arrived by coincidence.

The answer is obvious.

She's a plant. :mrgreen:
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

Dave wrote:
Prester Fred wrote:
You're right. The timing was implausibly good for Castela to have just arrived by coincidence.

The answer is obvious.

Dave, you are a sick, sick person... And there is a very upset Pun Jar pounding on your door. You better go seed what it wants.
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

davids4250 wrote:
Dave wrote: The timing was implausibly good for Castela to have just arrived by coincidence.

The answer is obvious.

Dave, you are a sick, sick person... And there is a very upset Pun Jar pounding on your door. You better go seed what it wants.
He's right. The jar will make so much noise you won't get any sleep. Then you'll be really bushed.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Dave

Post by Dave »

davids4250 wrote:Dave, you are a sick, sick person... And there is a very upset Pun Jar pounding on your door. You better go seed what it wants.
(Hands the Pun Jar all of the seed money I'd saved for my next startup venture. Now maybe I can bed down in peace?)
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Don't rest on your laurels just yet, Dave; you haven't been called to account for this one:
Dave wrote:
That's a very revealing choice of Pun Jar donations! Considering the Scandinavian roots of the term of endearment that Castela is using to refer to Phix, and the fact that you've chosen conifer seeds, it's obvious that you're piñon for the fjords.
:lol:
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Dave, you have some deeply rooted problems. May you should speak with a counselor to find out what they stem from.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

I haven't read all the Comments yet, but I gotta say Castela looks like a little Cutie-Pie. .... And I hope her eye is Blue. Her entrance seemed right on Q. I mean Cue. Should give Monica and Shelly time to reflect. I'll bet Atsali is ready to break some young boys Hearts. ;)
Dave

Post by Dave »

MerchManDan wrote:Don't rest on your laurels just yet, Dave; you haven't been called to account for this one:
Dave wrote:
:lol:
... and I am now firmly convinced that The Cosmic Muffin does exist, and (as the creator of the universe) it is having a gentle good-natured laugh at our expense.

This is very, very spooky stuff, my friends.

I decided to respond to MerchManDan's comment by finding a picture somewhere of the famous (and fictional) Norwegian Blue parrot, of the Monty Python skit I was referencing, and offering the picture to the Pun Jar. I figured somebody had to have drawn one.

Somebody has... as part of an artist's reconstruction of what it probably looked like, when its species actually existed about 50 million years ago. There really were parrots in Scandinavia back then (during a warm spell).

You can see the picture for yourself. All you have to do is Google the name of the species.

Mopsitta Tanta.

I kid you not. "Tanta".

This is a strange universe we live in, isn't it? :shock: