Still At It 2013-08-07

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Atomic

Still At It 2013-08-07

Post by Atomic »

And now, back to our previous story, already in progress!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Dave

Re: Still At It 2013-08-07

Post by Dave »

Friends. Good friends. Ya can tell! :D
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

"Meanwhile Aunt Martha, having previously taken a tramp through the woods, is now lying unconscious in a ditch by the side of the road."
*dramatic organ music*
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

At least no one farted this time.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Naw, they haven't changed one... bit.

PunPal still takes it out of me.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
donoho

Post by donoho »

Wooooo!!! Monica!!!!
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

Doesn't take much to get her fangs growing, does it?
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

shadowinthelight wrote:At least no one farted this time.
And that's positive, how?

Oh, wait... *remembers trip to safari park, where rather flatulent lions clambered úp the truck/cage thing we sat in*

You're right. No predator farts. Good thing.

Great though that the focus went back to Monica & Shelly. I was júst wondering how they were.
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Shelly has a point. Monica is carrying on about "Poor me. When I get old all I have to do is die to turn 29 again!" How sad, too bad. Monica should have started by wondering about the long term effects on her life by being immortal now. It looks like she is starting the realize some of the issues she will be facing in the future. Losing friends and family over the years. Long years alone or when she cannot even admit who she is. Earning a living.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
shadowinthelight

Jay-Em wrote:Oh, wait... *remembers trip to safari park, where rather flatulent lions clambered úp the truck/cage thing we sat in*
Dude.

zachariah

Post by zachariah »

shadowinthelight wrote:
Jay-Em wrote:Oh, wait... *remembers trip to safari park, where rather flatulent lions clambered úp the truck/cage thing we sat in*
Dude.
Don't worry. Probably lion about it. Cats don't eat anything that could cause gas.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
shadowinthelight

zachariah wrote:Don't worry. Probably lion about it. Cats don't eat anything that could cause gas.
You sure about that? :shock: :lol:

Yamara

Post by Yamara »

zachariah wrote:Shelly has a point. Monica is carrying on about "Poor me. When I get old all I have to do is die to turn 29 again!" How sad, too bad. Monica should have started by wondering about the long term effects on her life by being immortal now. It looks like she is starting the realize some of the issues she will be facing in the future. Losing friends and family over the years. Long years alone or when she cannot even admit who she is. Earning a living.
I think we're getting the sense that the denial is over. That that long-awaited supervillain is padding about, without its old cage. Now we get to see if all that training and rehab from a cavalcade of paranormals lets M maintain her human empathy. Or whether something like a visit from Shelly's mom and uncle, with a harsh gift from a Smith, will be necessary.

Tithonus casts a long shadow in the morning.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

shadowinthelight wrote:
zachariah wrote:Don't worry. Probably lion about it. Cats don't eat anything that could cause gas.
You sure about that? :shock: :lol:
Pretty sure. It all comes down to what causes gas in the first place. I don't think lions eat legumes beyond the occasional human bean.

Drops 2 kilo porterhouse into the jar to avoid upsetting the sleeping lions.

After all it is illegal to cross a staid lion with at times.
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

So ....... the story has just had a two year time jump?

Monica 'died' just before Katherine & Atsali's Excellent Adventure began, which suggests that if she has just turned 31 there has been at least^ a two year gap?

^ Assuming Monica hasn't died again since then.
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Grantwhy wrote:.

So ....... the story has just had a two year time jump?

Monica 'died' just before Katherine & Atsali's Excellent Adventure began, which suggests that if she has just turned 31 there has been at least^ a two year gap?

^ Assuming Monica hasn't died again since then.
Not at all. The reset point for Monica was determined when Shelly stabbed Monica in the brain when they took out the calendar. That happened when Monica was 29. The phoenix blood on the blade was the catalyst for the change. Only recently has Monica come to realize and accept it during the hangover recovery scenes. Though I still have trouble believing that Monica died from a hangover, alcohol poisoning maybe, but not from the hangover. So there is no missing two year gap.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

The key being stuck into Monica's skull during the calendar machine shenanigans (from 5 January 2010). Monica was apparently 29 when this happened, given the dialogue in today's page.

Monica reviving from being dead, and Bud explaining that the key resets to when it was used on Monica (from 16 October of 2012). I'd guess that she was 30 when that happened.

So if she jumps off of a building, or dies of old age, or is eaten by a rhinoceros, or whatever else, she'll revert back to the age and condition that she was in when that first linked comic occurred. Any other times in the meantime when she died--such as Bud punching out her heart or her being defaced by Phix--don't have anything to do with it. They just really really annoy her and ruin her undergarment budget.
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

zachariah wrote:
shadowinthelight wrote:
Dude.
Don't worry. Probably lion about it. Cats don't eat anything that could cause gas.
Bull..

You don't have cats, do You? Or have ever been in a run-down German Safari park where the lions ate..i dunno what.. but they farted.. Bád. I even believe they did it on purpose as revenge for their food, or something, given the smug looks they gave us :lol: .

PS every critter, especially mammals, farts. Though, admittedly, cows and horses (and probably hippo's : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyR8fs4SVAM )are the ultimate masters.
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

No one went the snarky, "Oh! Hey! New characters!" route, hm? ;)
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Timotheus wrote:"Meanwhile Aunt Martha, having previously taken a tramp through the woods, is now lying unconscious in a ditch by the side of the road."
*dramatic organ music*
But - what about Naomi?
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff